Wednesday 24 March 2010

2022 election - polls now open!

The first candidate for governor in this year's elections is the incumbent, Athena Gottlieb. Mother of two and grandmother of three, Athena has served as governor of Sullivan for the past 5 years. She also has over 35 years of experience in law.

The second candidate is 38 year-old Kirstin Sitko. Known for her ambition, she began working at her law firm 14 years ago and is now one of the firm's leading corporate attorneys. She also has three young daughters who attend Sullivan Primary School.

The final candidate is 47 year-old James Novak, who has been working in big business since returning to Sullivan after college in 1999. He also has three sons, aged between 9 and 19.

Notes:
  • Poll is open - go vote! It'll stay open for just over a week and you can change your vote if you change your mind. I can extend the deadline, if necessary.
  • Initially, I also had Trent Kirby and Zaria Royce-Nihill as candidates. I decided Zaria was a little too young. When I was looking for a governor initially, I looked for Sims 35 and over and Zaria's not quite there yet. So maybe next time. Trent seemed like a good idea at the time but I don't really think he's the governor type, so I cut him too.
  • There's a two term limit in Sullivan, so if Athena wins, this will be her last term. We don't have term limits here in Australia but I think we should, so Sullivan is my little fantasy world in that respect!
  • I was going to get a little more specific with this campaign and have different promises from each candidate but I'm pretty much going to want to do whatever I want with the hood, so I didn't want to get tied into anything that I may not want to do a month down the track. Maybe I'll experiment with that next election!
  • You probably can't see it but that's James's son Ethan and his girlfriend Sarah on the picture on the far left in James's photo. That's Aaron and Calvin in the front but you probably can see that. There's a picture of the whole family, Connor included, on his desk.

6 comments:

  1. I bet it will be close between Athena and Kirstin...it was hard to choose between them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, it looks like James is winning, which is kind of surprising! I adore James but I was actually expecting Athena to be in the lead.

    Early days though! This is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Athena hands down. She has experience, gorgeous hair, and amazing cheek bones. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Well, whatever criteria you guys want to use to vote is fine by me! Amazing cheekbones are as good a reason as any. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, I was thinking having different promises would be fun! Wouldn't have to be anything too crazy, maybe someone might promise a new school or a new library.

    I voted for Kristin just to be different, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'll probably do the promises next time. I've been thinking about it and it probably would haven't been as complicated as I thought it would be. So in four years time, I'll revisit the idea.

    I always vote for the underdog in Sim blog polls. LOL. I still haven't voted in my own poll though. I'm fully expecting to have to break a tie between Athena and James so I'm saving it until the 11th hour.

    ReplyDelete