Friday 18 November 2005

Playable NPCs

I've talked a bit on here about my playable NPCs (which I sometimes refer to as non-playable playables). I originally got the idea from Laura and Shana and it's something I find really fun.

Playable NPCs are generally either a) ex-partners of my regular playable Sims, b) current partners who aren't quite serious enough yet to actually move in with whichever playable they're involved with or c) townies who have started a romance on their own, via ACR.

I don't write updates about them and I don't always play them. Sometimes I do but usually, I just pop in and age them up so they stay in sync with the rest of the hood. However, all offspring of playable NPCs attend school with my playables. Also, any of them can become regular playables if they happen to pair up with one of my Sims and either move in with them or get married.

I'm planning on including playable NPC age-ups in my birthday posts from now on though so I thought it might be fun to show you the families I have currently. This post is going to live in the side bar and be my catch-all post for any future playable NPCs too. If I add to it, I'll make a note of it in my regular updates so you'll know to check this thread, if you so desire.

First, we have Corbin and Pamela Gray. Corbin works as a host at Sophie Gentry's restaurant The Claudette and Pamela is the early childhood teacher at Sullivan Primary School. They have two grown daughters; Julia is married to Sam Whitney and has a daughter Penny and Lucy (now playable) is married to Edward Lachance and has twins Colin and Gwen.

Next up is the Jacobson family, which consists of Claudio, his wife Virginia and their daughter Alice, who is now away at college. Claudio's daughter Matilda lives with her husband Miles and their daughter Phoebe.

Here we have Jairus and Vanessa Gentry and their huge family. Jairus works in the gaming career and Vanessa is the hostess/manager at Tate's Grub Hub. They have four grown children; Oliver (now playable) is married to Sophie, his twin brother Sebastian is dating Adelaide Sitko, Louisa (also playable) lives with her boyfriend Justin Moretti and her twin brother Eddie is dating Lauren Carmody.

Former teen townies Amber Dawn and Elmer Miguel fell in love autonomously, so I moved them in together. They live in a small house in Sullivan, with their sons Joaquin and Matias.

Zane Hamilton is Amar Hamilton's younger brother and currently works as an executive assistant. He lives with his wife, Chloe. Chloe works as a surveillance operator for the SCIA. In 2040, they welcomed their son Cole and second child Cary arrived in 2043.


Jean-Paul Tang and Gisele Couderc are high school sweethearts and recently moved into a house in Sullivan. They are both freshmen, and commute to Suffolk University for their classes.

Melissa Hollmo (left) lives in Sullivan with her girlfriend Celeste Day. Melissa works as in the Oceanography career, while Celeste is a librarian. They don't have any kids but are thinking about starting a family in the future.

 
Dane and Amanda Bar live in Sullivan and each used to date a playable - Dane was once Lauren Carmody's boyfriend, while Amanda is Brendan Lachance's ex. Dane is a librarian, while Lauren is still looking for work. 

16 comments:

  1. It's good to see that others also play a few non playable playables. That's a mouth full. LOL I do the same thing. I'm not sure if I will make a small post about them or not, but they live their lives in the back ground and who knows, they just might make their way into an update or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love corbins family beautiful picture perfect family, no?

    It's fun seeing your npnpc characters. I have a handful but they didn't come about like yours, mostly we like to play in cas in this household. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting to see your unplayables! Corbin has such cute kids! I'll be keeping an eye out to see if his kids marry any of your playables one day since they seem to have such nice genes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riverdale, I didn't know you had playable NPCs! I would never have made a post about them if Lucy wasn't so damn adorable! I just had to share her.

    Maisie, Corbin and his girls are gorgeous, aren't they? Julia looks like him (she got The Nose) but Lucy is Pamela all over. I prefer to play CAS Sims too but if I made a CAS Sim, I'd find it pretty hard to not play them for real! I get very attached to them before I even move them in!

    Shana, they're cute, aren't they? When it comes time for marriage, real playables will get preference but the non-playables get preference over townies. ;) I like the idea that if Lucy marries Edward Lachance, or Christopher Draper (they're the same age, so it seems possible), she'll come with her own little family, unlike a regular NPC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see your playable NPCs. I love Olivia's boyfriend's new look. I seem to be partial to curls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lunar, thanks! I'm growing quite fond of Steve and I seem to be a little partial to curls myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gosh these Sims are gorgeous! I don't have any non-playable playables yet, unless you count my School Principal, Resident Prison Cop, and my Credit Union Manager. LOL! And nobody wants to see these guys in any updates...believe me! ROFL! This is a great idea for when this occurs in my game, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My principals are playables but I do have two other non-playable playables who I don't bother aging up. One lives on the lot where I took all the pictures for the banner and the other owns a few businesses in town where I wanted uniforms but didn't feel like running at the time (Dragonfly, where Cara works, for example).

    ReplyDelete
  9. this has motivated me to do a non-playable post. As of now I have my simmies marry only townies...but the pool is getting a bit shallow. Therefore, I have began to create my "townies" and am even contemplating doing a school for my hood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent! You'll have fun with it, I'm sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you should offer your nonplayable for download because I think they are beautiful sims.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Nita. I don't like to share too many of my Sims, though I do have a few up for download. If I ever feel like sharing these ones, I'll put them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww but you make such beautiful sims. You should consider making some that you don't have in your game and post somewhere like N99 POBS. How many nonplayables do you have in your game?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're looking at all of my non-playables right now. ;)

    Again, thanks for the compliment but I don't want to do that. When I make things, I make them for my game and sometimes share them. I'm well past the point in Sullivan where I need to be creating any more Sims.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you see this but I have a question about your npcs. I'm kind of confused on how you know what's going on in thew npc's life. Do you use a mod or something since I assume they aren't families you're playing in your town?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous, I see all comments; I get an e-mail notification every time anyone comments on any post. :)

    Anyway, these days, I do play all of these families, so that's how I know what's going on in their lives. When I didn't play them, I would just pop into their lots and age them up, maybe let them get a promotion or two or have a baby. But I didn't really play them the way I play my other families. They didn't have a whole lot going on in their lives, unless they happened to get involved in the lives of my real playables in some way.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete