Friday 19 June 2009

There is a light that never goes out

Round 18: Days 86-90
Our nanny finally had enough of us not being able to pay her, so she quit. I can't blame her really. I wouldn't work for free. We've been lucky that Henry and I both have some paid vacation days that we've been able to use, which will tide us over until Finn starts school.



It's been nice for a parent to be home for Ione when she gets back from school too. Even if said parent is sometimes too enthralled with my telescope to notice her for a few minutes.

Zelda has been a huge help too. She babysits for us when neither of us can be home. Ione loves her aunt, so it works out great for all of us.

Ione also loves the teddy bear Mum got her for her birthday. We spent most of our cash on fixing up her bedroom and didn't have much left over for toys.

I'm a little concerned about the aggression she displays towards poor Teddy sometimes.

As long as she keeps being sweet to her brother, I'll try not to concern myself too much. I've never seen her so much as tease him. I hope it continues as they get older!

Just as we were waking up the other morning, we could hear Finn singing to himself in his crib and it made me realise that I really want a third child. Finn will be out of his crib before too long and then that'll be it for me and toddlers. I don't know if we can afford another baby though, so I'm a little apprehensive about trying. That, and Henry has said no to any more kids.

And that's it. Finn starts school tomorrow and I could almost cry! Both my babies are grown up and I won't have any more.

It's amazing how different Ione and Finn are though. Ione puts herself to bed and always has, but I have to lead Finn up to his bedroom and watch him get into bed or else he won't get any sleep.

We had a huge snowfall recently. Henry and I had great fun throwing snowballs at each other but where were our children?

Inside, reading! Reading books on anger management, of all things!

We weren't able to drag Finn's nose out of his book but Ione eventually came out to build a snowman with me in our front yard. She's going to start high school soon so next time there's snow, she probably won't want to build a snowman with her mother!

I noticed my first wrinkles the other day. I am officially middle-aged, which I can't quite believe! 45 seems so old - I still feel like a teenager myself sometimes yet I have an almost-teenaged daughter!

Random pic:
Fail, EA!

Notes:
  • Wow, this family is poor! They are sharing one tiny bathroom. They can't afford a bathtub so when Finn's hygeine got low, I used to have to wait for him to go in his nappy so I could change it and get his hygeine bar full again. I was contemplating moving them into an apartment, or a smaller house but I've decided they're going to stick it out. I certainly won't get bored with them this way!
  • I don't think they'll have another baby. Last time they tried (they tried autonomously twice), the chance of her falling pregnant was 5%. So it's very unlikely.

10 comments:

  1. LOL @ that last picture. That is seriously special. xD

    Aww, poor family! And I mean that in both ways... but the kids are so cute. :D Shame she won't get her third child, but maybe it's for the best. Baby booms are disastrous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finn is really cute! Poor families have the best memories because they are forced to spend more time together to entertain themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's so true. My sims who are poor do have better memories. They're parents always have time to teach them homework (well, sometimes) but they spend a lot of time with their parents.

    Sorry about her not getting that 3ed baby. But with the lack of space, I think it's for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, poor family. :( But at least they get to spend quality time together since they can't afford to go running off in different directions doing their own thing. It's too bad Araminta won't get a third child, but with the money problems and lack of space it's probably for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of it that way but you're all right about poor families. Henry and Araminta didn't even have a TV for about 10 Sim years, I think, so they had to actually *talk* to each other! Even now, they have very few fun objects in their house, so Finn and Ione end up playing together as opposed to with toys.

    Mao, there was a major baby boom last round because I thought I was ending TS2 and then decided not to. I was letting them do what they wanted. I am regretting my decision now! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I have to second that poor families seem to have much better relationships than more well-to-do families have. I also think it's good that Arminta doesn't have another baby, not only because it'd be a bit of a bummer for you but that having older parents can be a challenge, I should know :P

    I love the glitch, it looks like they're being sucked away by some giant vaccum that's just out of the picture xP

    Oh, and I also thought I should say (since I don't want to spam you with comments) that your pictures of Sims 3 are interesting. I love the insane/dysfunctional children, they're a riot! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I'm still figuring out what I want to do with TS3. I'm still trying to figure out how I can have an empty hood, as the MTS2 ones are gradually populating themselves with all the Maxis families anyway, which I didn't want.

    I don't think I'll ever blog TS3 consistently like I do with TS2. It'll be just an update here and there, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these kids are too cute-- little nerdy things! Studying anger management at least they'll be at peace when they get older. XD

    The family picture is also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My RL niece studies like that...and her mom and dad are the ones out throwing snow balls.

    The twilight on the snow was so pretty. I'm really wanting to add gunmod's lighting when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finn has grown into his face, which is a relief. He looked very odd as a toddler. I can't wait to see Ione as a teen. Next round, I think.

    Francesca, how funny! And you should definitely give the lighting mod a shot. Make sure you get the updated version. I was using the old version for a while and couldn't figure out why everyone else's game looked better than mine did.

    ReplyDelete