Friday 13 April 2012

Every day should be a holiday, 2037

Round 33: December 2037 (Summer)

last update + wedding update/next update

Dominic Lachance is 27 and Leslie is 26.
(Jonas is 59, Tatiana is 54, Zane and Chloe are both 26, Audrey is 25, Lucy is 22, Daphne is 6 and Iris is 3)
Narrated by Leslie Lachance

Dominic and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary last month. This Christmas will be our third as a married couple but the first one we’re hosting here at our place.

Our house is not exactly the best for entertaining, seeing it’s quite small. But we’re planning on just doing a buffet outside, seeing it’s summer and the weather is nice.

Because the kids are out of school, so am I, so I’ve had a lot of time at home. I love decorating for Christmas, so I got all of that done in the first couple of days.

Since then, I’ve just been planning the menu for Christmas Day. Or for me, it’s more like finding recipes to ask Dominic to make.

I don’t really cook. Dominic knew that before we got married but I don’t think he was prepared for how minimal my kitchen skills are.

If Dominic gets home late, we suffer through one of my cooking attempts but otherwise, we’re both happier if he takes care of everything in the food arena.

Dominic is pretty high up at the garage now, so it’s easier for him to negotiate better holidays. This year, he has time off from a week before Christmas until just after New Year’s. It’s been wonderful having time off together.

We’ve been making the most of it and catching up with friends, before everyone gets really busy with their own families for Christmas.

We met up with Zane and Chloe right before Christmas and they told us they were going to start looking for a house. They want a baby sooner rather than later and they want to raise it in the suburbs.

If Zane and Chloe moved closer to us, I would love it. Having my best friend so close by would be amazing.

They’re really excited already, especially Zane! Mostly about the baby too, which surprised me. Before they got married, it was definitely Chloe who was most keen to start a family.

I’m so happy for them. I think they’ll be great parents, once they get themselves set up in their new home.

Dominic was a bit quiet on the walk home, which worried me a bit. Zane and Chloe’s talk probably got him thinking about when we might be starting our own family.

He’s been ready for kids since before we got married and although I also really want children, I’m not quite ready yet.

Dominic is always reassuring about it, telling me he doesn’t want to have kids until we’re both ready.

I just think it’s so important to be financially stable before starting a family. Dominic has a great job but I’m still only substituting.

I’ve been applying for jobs at every school I can find but I haven’t heard back from any of them yet. Once I do, I think we’ll be in a better position to have a baby.

When I see the way Dominic is with kids though, it pushes me further and further towards wanting to start right now. Dominic isn’t an uncle yet but he’s so patient with his little cousin Daphne’s almost nightly phone calls.

And he was awesome with Daphne and her little sister Iris on Christmas Day at our place as well.

I can already tell he’s going to be such a great father when the time comes. I’m really looking forward to seeing him with our own children.

I’m sure Tatiana and Jonas wouldn’t mind a grandchild either but Dominic says neither of them are getting too pushy about that yet.

Not that they never ask, because they do. But I was expecting for them to be a lot more vocal than they have been.

Maybe they’re not ready to feel that old yet. Jonas told me he's feeling quite decrepit already, with his 60th birthday coming up next yet.

I haven’t got much in the way of family, so I’ve been thrilled that Dominic’s relatives have welcomed me into theirs so readily. I get along really well with Audrey and Edward’s girlfriend Lucy.

Lucy and Edward have had a pretty bad year. Their landlord raised their rent so high that they had to move, only months after they’d moved into the place.

They’re in a new place now and it seems to be going well but neither of them are sorry to see the end of 2037.

I think it made Audrey feel kind of bad for how good things for her and Jack. They bought this amazing house and are very slowly fixing it up.

We haven’t visited yet but the house is supposed to be huge. Jack’s family is quite wealthy, so he’s used to having a lot of space.

I’m looking forward to seeing it when they finish renovating but I’m glad we don’t have that much space to consider. It seems like it would be overwhelming for just two people.

Plenty of gifts were exchanged on Christmas Day but I think my favourite was the telescope Dominic bought me.

He knows how long I’ve wanted one but it’s not something I’d justify buying for myself. I was so glad he remembered!

Equally exciting was Tatiana telling me she had a job for me at Sullivan Primary School! I applied a couple of months ago and I thought maybe they’d hired someone else.

But no, I’ve got the job! I’ll be taking over Tatiana’s class, so I’ll be teaching my favourite age group as well. Her class is Grades K-2, or 1-2, depending on enrollment numbers.

Tatiana will miss teaching them but given that she’s principal and the education representative on the hood council, it’s a lot of work for her. Something had to give.

I’ll be starting in February next year and I can’t wait! I’ve done some sub work there, so I already know the other teachers, as well as some of the students.

I was wondering if I’d ever get a full-time position and I’m so relieved it’s finally happened!

Dominic doesn’t worry about money the way I do but this really is going to make paying the bills so much easier for us. We’ll have so much more money for luxuries now.

I’m not ready to be a mother just yet but I’ve told Dominic I want to start thinking about it again once I start the new school year and get settled in.

You could say he’s happy about that!

But I can’t blame him. It’s exciting to think that by next Christmas, we might have a baby on the way!

Notes:
  • And with that, I am finally finished 2037! With my computer problems in the middle of it and an unexpectedly busy week this week, it feels like it's taken ages to get to this point.
  • Daphne really does call Dominic every single night. It's pretty adorable.
  • Zane and Chloe have had the want for a baby for approximately forever now. It's kind of surprising for Zane especially, because he's not a Family Sim. He's only one out of three non-Family Sims who've rolled a baby want in my game.
  • I had Adrienne have her baby right before I played Leslie and Dominic and it took all of my strength not to take Leslie off her birth control this session. I have no one pregnant right now! It's been quite a while since that happened and looking at my play schedule, I'm not sure when the next baby will be! Craziness! This is still my blog though, so I'm sure it won't be too long!
  • Leslie still hasn't rolled a baby want but I'm going to see what the situation is next time I play them. Every now and then I get one of those weird Family Sims who wants to wait a while (though Leslie is actually Knowledge/Family). But ignoring game play stuff, I can definitely see her wanting a baby while she's still in her 20s. They have more money than a lot of other couples their age (excepting Audrey and Jack, lol), so they're in a good position for a baby, even for a Hoarder like Leslie.

28 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Leslie- she is such a gorgeous sim! Where did you get her top?
    I honestly can't wait for these two to have children they are just the cutest couple and they would be the best parents. It would be especially great if they had their baby around the same time as Zane and Chloe so they could grow up together. I think Leslie will make a great primary teacher- her personality just seems to fit in my mind.
    I always love your Christmas updates. I always forget that Christmas is at summer-time for you. I'm from the UK so I'm always expecting snow. LOL.
    (I just have to say that picture with Dominic and Iris is just adorable. I love her face!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie is very pretty - one of the default facial templates I downloaded during the very early days of Sullivan. She's been around a long time but she's had many makeovers. ;) I considered putting Leslie in the high school, because that's where I really need teachers but Veronica will graduate soon and Georgina Nott wants to be a teacher, as does one of my new teens coming up in January birthdays. So I can always add one of those girls in, if I need to. Leslie definitely belongs in primary school.

      I think Leslie and Dominic would be great parents too and I'm excited for them to get going with that. Chloe and Leslie might end up pregnant at the same time, actually. I need to find Chloe and Zane a new house but because they're playable NPCs, decorating that house is going to be way down on my list. I have quite a few playables to decorate for first.

      Iris is a sweetheart. I was so sad to age her up, let me tell you! You'll see her as a child in the birthdays post, which should be in the next couple of days.

      I was about to tell you I had no idea about Leslie's top but actually, I do! I had a hunch it was by Xandher at TSR and I was right. It's here.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Leslie got a job and I have to download her hair one of these days, every time I see it I want it. I'm hoping they have a baby as well, but that's just me and my baby fever, I actually have sims that I envision waiting 4-5 sim years after getting married to have kids, just to temper my quickness of making them reproduce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you need me to check where I even got Leslie's hair! Mine's a Pookleted version though, so I'm not sure where the original one comes from! I almost changed it this round but I like it too much. It's definitely the kind of hairstyle that has a shelf-life though, I think.

      LOL, I think we've all got baby fever around here! I don't think I've ever had a couple wait 4-5 years if both had the baby want. No self control, lol. Eliot and Cordy didn't try for Tim until their fifth anniversary (took Eliot the so-called Family Sim that long to roll a baby want!) but I think that's the longest I've waited.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    2. If you don't mind checking about the hair, that would be great!

      Delete
    3. No problem at all! Leslie's hair is from here.

      Delete
  3. They are adorable together and will make great parents - and I really understand the temptation of giving in to the baby making. In my hood I've got some sims with ancient baby wants that just tease me every time I play their households. :)

    I'm glad Leslie likes his family, it's nice especially if you don't have one yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie married into the right family, for someone who doesn't have one herself. The Lachances are all very sweet and welcoming.

      I've got some of those ancient baby wants too. Most are for Sims who are just too old to be having babies but some are Sims who I've just decided to cut off, lol! Of all the wants in the game, baby wants seem to be the most persistent! They roll away and they tend to roll right back. It takes a while to roll the first one sometimes though, which is what's happening with Leslie. I think she and Dominic would both be wonderful parents though and I'm looking forward to eventually making it happen.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. I'm loading my game as we speak to prepare my simmies for their Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it :)
    Even though their house isn't big, the Christmas party looked very nice in the garden! I can only imagine how nice it would be to celebrate Christmas outside with nice temperatures :)

    It's good they waited with children untill they both had more stable jobs. I'm glad Leslie finally found one, and I'm sure she'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a little strange having my Sims celebrating Christmas when we've just finished with Easter in RL but it is fun! Kind of makes me wish for Christmas now!

      Christmas with snow seems pretty normal to me, because we see so many movies and TV shows where it happens that way. But I can't imagine actually experiencing it. I like being able to have a barbecue on Christmas Day!

      Because Dominic skipped college, he's been in his job for about 10 years and is already quite established. Leslie's only a few years out, so it's all coming together for her now. She feels like she's in a better position for a baby now though, so we'll see what happens next round.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. These two are super cute, I agree with her for waiting until she's more settled in. It's kind of uncool to get a job, and get pregnant right then. Maybe she could plan to be due during the summer vacation, so Tatiana doesn't have to find a sub for her. I'm excited to see her and Dominic's baby though. Their Christmas was really a sweet little event, well big, because Tatiana has lots of children. It will be fun once they all start having kids. I can't believe there isn't a baby in there yet! Crazy! I can't believe Jonas is on his way to 60! That doesn't even seem possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most bosses wouldn't be too excited if you told them you were pregnant two weeks into a new job! Though I can imagine Tatiana might be quite thrilled about it with Leslie, even though finding a substitute would be a total pain.

      Ha, no, definitely not little! When they all start having kids, I probably won't hold Christmas here at Dominic and Leslie's. It was bursting at the seams with just this many! Still looking forward to all the Lachances breeding though. They make such good looking children and I can't wait to see the next generation.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Yay, Leslie got the job, and know thinking about having that baby. But they still have time, they are young! It is a big change going from a couple to having a little one to look after. And right now the only little ones she'll have to worry about or the ones in her class. But I'm sure they will make wonderful parents, and produce a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always say teaching does an equally good job making you want kids and making you never, ever want kids, depending on the day, so we'll see how Leslie feels with her own class! She definitely seems like the type who was born to be a mother to me and I think Dominic will be a natural father as well.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Yay for a steady teaching job! Hopefully this will nudge Leslie a little further into having a baby. We need some Lachance babies! Not that I have much room to talk, I'm approaching my 3rd anniversary with no thoughts of babies anywhere in sight!

    It's so neat to see the various degrees of wealth amongst sims of a similar age. You've got the poor, middle class, and the wealthy instead of all sims bursting at the seams with money! I definitely enjoy seeing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie's definitely feeling a little more sure of herself financially, which has been the main thing holding her back from having a baby. Dominic has been raring to go since before they even met!

      Having all rich families gets boring for me, so I'm glad the fact that not all my families are comes across to you. I should really pay more attention than I do to my Sims' money though! It doesn't seem to come into play unless they're very poor, so I was glad I could write a little in with Leslie and Dominic.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  8. Christmas in summer! That still gets me every time. LOL

    Congrats on Leslie getting a job. I'm sure Dominic may be getting his wish to have a baby within the year or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dominic has been so patient waiting for this baby, lol! I'm hoping he and Leslie will have one before next round is out. ;)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  9. Aww, Leslie is cute. She seems like the type that would go all out with the decorations for holidays. Loved the get together with the family. And I can’t wait to see Jack and Audrey’s house. Looked awesome on the outside.

    That’ll be interesting to see Zane and Chloe’s future kid(s). They’re so cute. But more importantly, I’m interested in seeing Dominic and Leslie’s kids. I can definitely relate to her wanting to wait. But they’re still very young, so they don’t have to rush if she’s not ready yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie is quite serious but I can just see her as the type to really, really love Christmas anyway. And I'm going so slowly with Jack and Audrey's house! It's so big and I was feeling uninspired. I've had the exterior done for ages but I did the bathrooms the other day and now I feel like I have more to go on. Hopefully the rest will come easier!

      True, no rush for Dominic or Leslie. Dominic has just been extremely keen for a baby for a long time now, so the wait is a lot harder for him! He'll be ready as soon as Leslie is.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  10. They've been married two years already? And I have to say, I had no idea that Leslie was a Knowledge sim; I'd have bet money she was Family, but the wait for the baby parade makes sense now. She seems to have about my skill in the kitchen, which is why I don't cook either! I do the cleaning instead.
    I am thrilled that Leslie finally got a full-time position; she's been subbing forever and I was starting to wonder if she'd ever move up in the ranks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie is Knowledge/Family, so you were right and wrong. ;) I'm still surprised she hasn't rolled a baby want yet though, even knowing that. I kind of love that Leslie can't cook. It just made me smile when I realised it! Dominic's grandmother couldn't cook and his mother can't either, so he'd be well used to women who are hopeless in the kitchen!

      I'm pleased Leslie was promoted too. She'll make a perfect primary school teacher and the extra money will give them a good grounding to start a family as well. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  11. Aww, c'mon and roll that baby want already, Leslie, LOL. I'm glad that they're on the road to thinking about it at least. It makes sense that she'd want to wait until their income was more stable. How wonderful that she was able to get the position at Sullivan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know, right? Leslie clearly hasn't realised what her true role on this blog is, which is to pump out pretty babies! I don't think it'll be too long for them though, baby want or not. They have a decent amount of money coming in and to me, that seems like it would be Leslie's main objection. Next round, she'll have been at Sullivan Primary for about a year, so I might let them try then.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  12. Congrats to Leslie on the new job! It makes sense that she would want to wait for a more stable income before starting a family. Especially since she doesn't have much family of her own and is probably used to taking care of herself.

    I always enjoy seeing your family gatherings, be it for christmas, birthdays or whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's also true. Since they've been married, Dominic has brought in so much money than she has so Leslie is pleased that she's contributing to the household just that little bit more now.

      Family gatherings are lots of fun for me too. I'm glad others enjoy seeing them. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  13. Oh, yes, baby, baby, baby! They're both such darlings!
    Mmm, my goal was to reach the "Getting into university" post (yes, I cheat, I had a quick look at the titles of your posts... *blush* But I'm falling asleep now (I don't even dare telling you what time it is!). I guess it's now time for me to... dream about Sullivan! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I know, I keep teleporting Leslie onto other lots to see if she's rolled a baby want yet! I can't wait to see Dominic and Leslie's children. :)

      Sweet dreams, Sandy!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete