Monday 30 April 2012

Kamikaze

Round 33: March 2038 (Autumn)


(Josh is 24, Sebastian is 22 and Jessica is 18)

Narrated by Veronica Moretti


I’ve just started my senior year and things are so busy for me at the moment.


This year, I’m doing student teaching at Sullivan Primary School. All my classes on campus are in the evening this semester but it’s still difficult to fit it all in.

The days when I’m teaching and have classes afterwards, I’m totally exhausted by the end of it! It’s paying off though. If I can keep up this pace, I should graduate with honours.

Meanwhile, Anthony has 2 hours of classes a day and pretty much just lazes around the rest of the time. He does the bare minimum of work and his grades are still equal to mine. It’s like high school all over again.

He’s still “dating” Janette, my evil roommate, if you could call it dating. They don’t really go out all that often.

I’m still incredibly annoyed that out of all the girls on campus, Anthony had to start something up with Janette.

He doesn’t see the big deal. Apparently, I shouldn’t be bothered by it because they’re not serious.

That much is obvious, given the way Janette seems to be all over just about every guy in the dorm.


Anthony knows but he doesn’t seem to care. I wish he’d get bored of her and just dump her already. I don’t want to have to still be dealing with her once we’ve graduated and got out of the dorms.

Adelaide’s boyfriend Sebastian graduated last year but he ends up on campus a lot anyway.

He’s intent on being all “authentic” with his music, so he won’t get a real job. He just busks and he says he gets the best interest on campus.

You’d think students would all be too poor to throw money at buskers but he does pretty well.

Sebastian and his brother Oliver (my ex) have moved into this apparently awesome warehouse in Exeter.

Adelaide wants me to come see it but I really don’t want to. I’m fine with Sebastian but I feel like it would be really awkward seeing Oliver again.

He’s moved on and so have I but he was pretty sore about it when I dumped him. I don’t know if it’s a great idea. Break-ups are messy and I just don’t have the energy to deal with it.

Although Noah and Jessica seem to be doing okay with theirs. Noah was prepared for some awkwardness when Jessica moved to campus this year but it’s been okay.

They’re not hanging out much or anything but they can run into each other and say hello and it seems like they’re quite friendly.

Noah has started seeing someone new, so maybe he’s just in a really good mood lately.

Her name is Brigit and she’s the same age as Noah, though she’s not a student. She skipped college, worked for a little while and is now a police cadet.


They’ve only been together a couple of weeks, so they’re still in that honeymoon phase.

Noah hung around the dorms most of the summer but I’ve hardly seen him the past two weeks. He's been spending most of his time with Brigit.

I haven’t met her yet but Anthony has. He said she seems like a sweet girl and is really friendly.


As for me, I’m still dating Josh and we’ve been together about a year and a half now.

It's been going pretty well for us, at least from my perspective.

But recently, I’ve realised that Josh has been taking our relationship way more seriously than I have been. He’s been talking about me moving in with him once I graduate.

I really didn’t know what to say to that. I tried to stay calm but inside, I was panicking.

I’m just so not ready for a move like that. I’ve never once considered “the future” with Josh. I barely think about our next date, let alone next year.

But he asked me to think about it, so I have been.

And I’ve been talking about it too, with Adelaide. The idea of getting serious with Josh makes me feel claustrophobic.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I just can’t do it.

Adelaide doesn’t really get it. She’s only ever been with Sebastian, with no desire to be with anyone else.

Sebastian’s the commitment-phobe in their relationship. I think Adelaide would jump at the chance to move in with him when she’s done here at Suffolk.

Talking to her did help me sort my head out though and realise maybe I don’t want to be with Josh at all.

I don’t really get excited about seeing him any more and I spend a lot of time thinking about other guys, like one of my art professors.

It’s so cliched, a student crushing on her handsome young professor but Miles Jacobson really is a fine looking man!

And there are so many other cute guys around as well.

I feel like I'm too young to tie myself down to just one of them.

Not that I want to date some guy in an orange sweatsuit but I’ve realised that I do want to have my options open.

So I decided to break things off with Josh and tried to explain why I was doing it.

Josh really wasn’t happy but I wasn’t expecting him to be.

I also wasn't expecting him to accuse me of cheating on him though, which isn’t true at all.

He's always known I'm kind of a flirt and that's as far as it's ever gone with anyone but him the whole time we've been together.

Things are understandably weird between me and Josh right now. I hope it's settled down a little by the time I move back to Sullivan and start running into him more regularly.

Notes:
  • Title is from Kamikaze by PJ Harvey.
  • Veronica and Anthony have both now graduated, both with 3.8 GPAs. More information on them in the January birthdays.
  • Noah is still maintaining his 4.0, while Adelaide has a 3.2. During the first semester, she rolled her first want to write a term paper ever and boosted her GPA to a 3.3 but in the second semester, she remembered she was Adelaide Sitko and went back to being a fairly reluctant student. ;)
  • Brigit is a Jock social group townie who I've had my eye on for a while. ;) Noah has three bolts with her, so I thought I'd let them make a go of it. She's very cute.
  • Veronica rolled not a single want for Josh, romantic or otherwise, except when I sent them on a date (and even then, it was like pulling teeth). When I loaded the lot, she had all uni-related wants and once I had her fulfill a couple of those, she rolled up the want to be friends with Miles and to kiss him. :\ I don't think Matilda is willing to share and Miles isn't having any of it anyway, so she's going to have to find someone else to focus on!

22 comments:

  1. It makes sense for Veronica not to want a serious relationship right now. Josh's harsh reaction was a surprise though as well as his offer for her to move in with him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica's got that Romance secondary, so I think it'll be a while before she wants to settle down. As for Josh, the poor boy is rolling marriage wants! For every girl he's ever been in love with, including Veronica. So I think he's had enough of dating around and is ready for something more permanent. Veronica is probably not the right girl for that though, at least not right now!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. LOL at her insistence on Miles! Poor guy. He just wants to teach. He doesn't want any of that drama!

    I don't see Josh working out. I think he's a little too serious for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Miles definitely didn't sign up to have college girls hitting on him all day! Though he's a Sim, so he should realise that's what Sims do with ACR. ;)

      Josh is definitely ready to get serious with someone, even though he hasn't really ever done so before. He and Veronica are moving in different directions at the moment, so splitting up was for the best, even if he's kind of pissed about it! It's not hard to piss Josh off, so consider the source there. ;)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Poor Josh, he doesn't seem to be able to find some luck in love, does he? It's a good thing though Veronica broke it off, she really loves flirting and sometimes I think she wants more, and Josh doesn't deserve that.
    I hope both of them find love though!

    How come time seems to fly in Sullivan? It seemed like just yesterday Veronica and Anthony started college, and now they are already graduating!

    Brigit seems like a sweet girl, I can't wait to see more of her and Noah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I still haven't played Josh and Connor this round, so perhaps he'll be a bit luckier then. What happened with him and Lila was his fault, so no sympathy from me there but he really did pick the wrong girl with Veronica. :\

      Ha, to me, the first three years of Anthony and Veronica at college flew by but this last year felt like it took forever to finally happen! That week where I was without a computer and then almost another week before I really felt like I was in the game again really threw me off.

      We'll probably see a bit more of Brigit in the next college update, which I'm hoping to get up sometime before this weekend. :) I'm glad you like her.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, I think Josh is really too serious for her at the moment. (Though I love playing couples like that where one of them rolls wants for marriage and babies and the other is all "let's play computer games!" :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that's definitely the case with Josh and Veronica at the moment, though I don't know if they were ever really "meant to be" anyway! I kind of like having those couples with different priorities too but I'm sure I'll get another one of those eventually. ;)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Ha, poor Josh it sucks when you're ready to settle down and no one else around seems to be like minded (I can TOTALLY relate to that right now lol). And Veronica is just leaving a string of broken hearts behind her isn't she? :). And poor Miles, sometimes being so cute is a gift and a curse lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it really is partly an age thing with Veronica. There was just no way she was ever, ever going to want to set up house with someone fresh out of college. It's just not in her personality. Josh was quite keen but I guess he's going to have to start over with someone else. :\

      This is not what Miles was expecting when he got this job! LOL.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Josh knew what he was getting into when he started dating Veronica, but his lame reaction to the break up was pretty bad. She's a flirt but she never cheated on him. But I get that he's hurt... but still. Pretty much calling her a hoochie!

    I can see her not wanting to settle down yet. She's still young, newly graduated from college, the world is her oyster and she wants to taste it! But crushing on Miles, I don't blame her! He really is a great looking guy. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh is not really one of my sweeter guys and I can see him being really hurtful when he's been hurt himself. It's not a good way to be but I think it's something a lot of people (maybe even all of us) have the capacity for. Josh needs to learn to reel it in but he's got a temper.

      Miles is probably appealing to Veronica in part because he won't ask anything of her. He's married and her professor, so it's not like he's going to ask her to settle down. He's also not going to give her anything though but she didn't seem to get that! I think it's mostly just idle fantasising on her part.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  7. Veronica does not surprise me at all, although I completely understand where she's coming from. She's 21, she dates around for a few years until she's ready to settle down, and now is definitely not that time. She might want to reconsider coming on to married men, though. Not the best behavior.
    On Josh's end, I don't think anyone he's rolling marriage wants for is up for a quickie wedding. He needs to slow his roll too. I guess we'll see if anything is working for him when we get to his update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, married men should be off-limits to Veronica (well...and everyone except their wives, really!). Her dad would be so angry if he knew, given he's been on the other side of infidelity himself.

      And no, none of the women Josh is rolling marriage wants for is ready to marry him (and Lila never, ever will be!), so he'll need to settle down. Now that he's single, he needs to build a romantic relationship with someone from the ground up and hopefully keep marriage out of his head for a little while. He's quite young too and there's no reason it has to be his focus right now.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  8. Noah and Brigit are so sweet! she's as cute as a button. I'm glad things aren't awkward between him and Jessica. They both seem to be pretty happy now.

    It was good while it lasted with Josh I suppose. I really couldn't see her staying tied down for very long. His reaction was a little harsh but it wasn't too far off. Some folks do consider that cheating. And since he did the cheating before, that's probably in the front of his brain. That's crazy that Josh had been rolling marriage wants for every girl he's been with and he's not even a family sim. Well, hopefully he and Elspeth can stay single long enough for them to try dating each other lol.

    I think Miles should teach art in the elementary school where he'll be safe :P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fact that Jessica and Noah had that quite long period between breaking up and Jessica arriving on campus was probably good for them. I don't know that Declan and Jessica will be going on any double dates with Noah and Brigit but things are very civil, at least. :)

      True, flirting is definitely cheating to some! And you're right, Josh would be hyper-aware of that kind of thing, because he's been on the other side of it. The marriage wants are kind of nuts! I'm very interested to see what kind of wants he's rolling when I play him this round!

      LOL, yes! I think primary school art is probably the best teaching position for Miles!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  9. I am a little surprised by the split-up, but I guess I shouldn't be since she was flirting so much with Miles. I guess I thought Veronica was the type to keep one thing on the side while fishing for another, lol!

    I'm interested to see what happens with this little group once they're out in the real world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, Veronica's lost interest in her boyfriends before she does anything but flirt with someone else. Even though she jumped from Oliver right to Josh, she's not the type to be especially concerned if she's without a man for a while. It'll just give her more opportunities to flirt, which seems to be what she wants!

      Ha, you and me both! I am insanely curious about this lot, especially Adelaide. She's done better than I thought she would so she may surprise us all yet.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  10. I'm not surprised that Veronica is moving on, because we all know it's in the stars for him to be with Elspeth. I'm glad that Miles is happily married, because I feel like Veronica can be rather tenacious! I'd hate to see Matilda end up in the spotlight again, for a husband that flirted with a student!

    Brigit is adorable! And I find it ironic how Veronica has to work so hard, and her brother just coasts, that would frustrate the heck out of me! Sebastian, oi! That boy, he's just such a show off! I'm sure he has a big ego, and talks poorly of artists that don't struggle and get real time jobs. Heck, he might like the struggling artist bit, and think you're a sell-out if you do well at your music! Met that type before! Him and Adelaide have done MUCH better than I ever anticipated! And I thought it was funny she rolled the want for a term paper, once. Funny girl. I'm just glad she's passing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would be just the kind of thing the paparazzi would be all over. I think Miles is too staid for that kind of thing, so Matilda picked a good one there. He's not into Veronica at all.

      This is a pattern for Veronica and Anthony, even in high school. He got As with hardly any effort at all but she worked really hard for hers. I don't blame her for being a little bitter about it.

      I think Sebastian would be fine with being successful (after all, he wants that for himself one day) but I can imagine him railing against things like American Idol, where an artist becomes an overnight success. Success is not worth anything to him unless he feels like it's been earned. He's a bit of a commitment-phobe but otherwise, he and Adelaide are doing all right. ;) They've both surprised me. I was sure Adelaide would be on academic probation by now!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  11. "Not that I want to date some guy in an orange sweatsuit," LOLOLOL!

    And I just knew one of those girls had to develop a crush on Miles! He's just way too lovely to be a professor, lol! Of course it would be Veronica! He'd better watch out for that one!

    Bonus multi-comment from other posts I've read, because I'm tired, lol! Caitlin is such a lovely girl. She's officially my favorite of your teenagers right now! - and I LOL'ed at Sarah daydreaming about getting pregnant at the same time as Susannah when Susannah doesn't even want to move in with her boyfriend yet, lol! - and OMG, I also hold my breath a little every time I read an update about Lake! I'm going to be so sad when he finally goes. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I definitely never had any professors like Miles! I don't think I would have got much work done if any of my lecturers were that pretty, lol.

      I adore Caitlin more and more each time I play her. She's so endearing. And Sarah is a pretty practical girl, generally, but she doesn't have to be in her daydreams, so she can imagine improbable situations like she and Susannah being pregnant at the same time, lol. Lake is going to be a tough one for me too. He's got a good amount of time left though, considering he's pretty damn old already!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete