Sunday 15 April 2012

You say it's your birthday, January 2038

Round 33: January 2038 (Summer)

Adrienne didn’t do any partying to ring in the new year, which was probably a good move. Her water breaks on New Year’s morning and she and Amar rush to the hospital.

Fortunately for Adrienne and Amar, Dr Moretti is already working this morning and is ready to help greet Baby Hamilton.

Adrienne has been through labour before, so she knows what to expect. Amar, on the other hand, is a little shocked, like most first-time fathers.

But Beau Gabriel Hamilton enters the world with a minimum of fuss anyway.

So far, Beau looks a lot like his mum, with big blue eyes which come from his great-great-great grandfather.

Also this year, we have four new students at Sullivan Primary School. They are:

Iris Kirby...

Catherine Moretti...

Zac Whitney...

...and Francesca Moretti.

As these students enter, four more students are leaving and starting at Sullivan High School. They are:

Sylvia Draper, who has decided to follow in her aunt Patience's footsteps and become an actress when she's older. Her parents are happy that she is already very keen to go to university on top of that!

Bianca Moretti, who thinks she'll probably do something artistic when she grows up but figures she has plenty of time to decide. She would love to have a family, though Evan and Ione hope she waits a while for that!

Twin sister Aurora would also like to have a family one day and has decided she'd like to be a teacher.

Alice Jacobson wants to have a secure financial future and would like to eventually own 2 top-ranking businesses.

Five new students will begin classes at Suffolk University this March.

Tim Lane is planning to attend medical school and will be majoring in Biology for his undergrad years. Tim has moved into a rental house on campus with his best friend Mitchell.

Tim and Mitchell have also invited Eddie Gentry to live with them on campus. Eddie doesn't really have any idea what he'd like to major in yet.

Eddie's twin sister Louisa is living at Moretti Hall and has already decided to major in Social Work/Psychology.

Emma Gottlieb is also living at Moretti Hall (and much to her annoyance, did not score the "penthouse dorm") and is majoring in Fine Arts.

Emma's best friend, Jessica Royce-Nihill, is joining her in the dorms and will be majoring in Culinary Arts.

Oliver and Sebastian Gentry have both now finished with their university studies!

Oliver worked extremely hard and is graduating with a 4.0!

He now holds a degree in Political Science and was aiming for a job with the SCIA.
The SCIA snapped him right up and after a haircut, he is now working for them as a surveillance operator.

Perhaps most wouldn't guess it but Sebastian also worked diligently all through university. He managed to earn a 3.9 GPA.

He majored in Art, with a focus on Music.

Sebastian is currently working as a street musician. It's not glamorous but he's waiting for his big break! The Gentry twins pooled their cash together and bought a house in Exeter. It's not quite furnished yet, so they'll have to make it a little more comfortable before their girlfriends Sophie and Adelaide come to visit.

And our final two birthdays! Jonas Lachance is turning 60...

...as is Anna Collins!

Notes:
  • I wanted Adrienne to have a girl but I'll live with Beau. ;) I had names planned out for them...on my old computer. So I had to do some quick thinking and Beau seemed kind of appropriate for two Romance Sims! Also Beau's great-great-great grandfather doesn't actually exist. He was a dummy Sim I used in CAS to add some genetic diversity to Kristina Novak's (Adrienne's great-great-grandmother) children. He is also responsible for Lia and Maia's blonde hair.
  • I was so sad to age Iris up! I think she's a little awkward looking at the moment but I still love her. She's very endearing. I cannot get over how cute Francesca and Zac are though!
  • Aurora might want to roll the want to go to college if she wants to be a teacher. ;) She hasn't yet and neither has Bianca. Bianca's lack of a college want is odd, seeing she's Family/Knowledge but we'll see what the girls want next time I play them. The vast, vast majority of my teens roll a college want eventually.
  • Oliver and Sebastian's grad pics were taken at Moretti Hall, where they never actually lived. They lived in the rental Tim, Mitchell and Eddie are in now but I needed to move someone into the dorm so I could have the high school kids visit it during the update. :)
  • I think Anna turned out really pretty as an elder. I think I actually like her better as an elder than as an adult!

25 comments:

  1. Wow, so many birthdays! Beau is darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, there were a lot this year! I'm very keen to age Beau up and see who he looks like. The first baby from a couple is always the most exciting!

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. WOW! So many birthdays this time I just don't know where to begin! I wanted Adrienne and Amar to have a girl too but I think Beau is perfect and I'm sure one day he'll get a little sister for Amar to worry about. I still can't believe that it was 12 years ago that Adrienne was last pregnant with Sylvia...
    I think Iris will grow into her features nicely and all the children look adorable- lucky Zac will be surrounded by girls!
    I have to say Aurora is absolutely stunning but then all the Moretti children are. It will be exciting to see what happens will all the new teens in the hood.
    I love the way Sebastian turned out! He is one good-looking sim and his image totally suits his career choice.
    I agree with you about Anna she really does suit old age.
    Phew that was a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne and Amar both want three kids (I think?), so I'm sure they'll try again. Hopefully they get a girl next time.

      Yeah, Iris just has Megan's mouth, which is very small. Somewhere along the line, it catches up with the rest of the face, lol!

      I thought Aurora turned out very cute as well. She's a bit of a tomboy, like her mum, while Bianca is more stereotypically girly.

      Heh, Adelaide's a lucky girl, huh? Sebastian is a very good looking Sim, as is his twin brother. ;)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I was really hoping for a girl for Amar and Adrienne, but they'll probably have more. It would be cruel of your game to give them nothing but boys, though mine game would do that (just look at Xiang and Tika with their 3 boys when all I wanted was girl...)

    Iris looks like her sister, but with a different mouth, which I think is making her look so akward, she still is cute though :)
    I just love Francesca! She looks adorable!

    Aah, Sylvia finally is a teen, I'm dying to see what she will be up to now :)
    Alice looks stunnig as well :)

    Quite a lot of new students at Suffolk this year, you always have such interesting university updates, and I can't wait to see all of these :)

    Congratulations to both Oliver and Sebastian for graduating, and with such high grades!

    I really can't believe Jonas is 60 already!!
    Anna does look great as an elder! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, my game likes to do that too, believe me! Charlotte and Catherine were both supposed to be boys. I seem to get the sex I want maybe 50% of the time lately though, which isn't too bad.

      Yeah, it's definitely Iris's mouth that's the thing. She does look a lot like Daphne otherwise.

      Sylvia's family update is coming up really soon, so you won't have to wait long. She and Alice will be a lot of fun together, I'm sure.

      I know! Jonas's teen years are so clear in my mind, so it's hard for me to believe he's an elder now too! It seems like he should have be a grandfather now, seeing he looks the part. ;) We'll see if Dominic and Leslie feel like doing anything about that next round.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. So many birthdays! I can't wait to see how much fun these new stages bring for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I'm playing Sylvia next, so that'll be lots of fun. :)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Your new banner looks great! So fun! I can not believe the amount of birthdays you have in this post! Wow! I couldn't comment from my phone, because I'd never keep it all straight!

    Beau is a perfect name for these two, and I can't wait to see what he looks like! I do hope they get a little girl at some point. It's crazy that Adrienne is finally ready for a family, just as Sylvia is turning to a teenager.

    Catherine is really cute, she looks like her brothers, with that cute little expression they all seem to have. I think Iris is really cute too, I'm thinking her lips might be kind of neat once they fully grow in. Francesca doesn't look like I imagined her, she looks WAY cuter!! And Zac is a cutie pie too!

    Bianca is gorgeous, as is Jessica! And Sebastian and Oliver are looking fine, though I giggle at their extreme height next to their shorty dad! Jonas and Anna both aged up wonderfully!! I really like both their looks for the elder years, and I agree that Anna looks softer, it's those cheeks and eyes of hers. Louisa is also really pretty and it's great to see Alice as a teen! She's the only one that seemed to be a slow-to-age sim for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks about the banner! I really like this one, even though my original idea was a bit more ambitious. :)

      I don't think Adrienne would have been ready for a family a minute before Beau came along, so giving Sylvia up was the right decision. Sylvia is thriving with Rose and Joanna and Adrienne and Amar have made a nice little life for themselves that I don't know if they would have had otherwise.

      Zac and Francesca both look a bit different to what I was imagining. Francesca looks a lot like Aurora, which I did expect, but there's something different about her, which was the surprise. She's very cute though.

      Heh, poor Jairus. He's actually about average height but they inherited their mother's height. Seeing they were tall, I wanted to experiment with how tall I could make a Sim before they'd look freakish. Sebastian is 1.07. He didn't look weird any taller but I decided it would be too much of a hassle posing him with Adelaide, who's only around 0.97. ;)

      Funny Alice seemed slow to age to you! She kind of did to me as well. I wonder if it's just the playable NPC thing, that you don't see her as often so it seems like it takes a long time because there's not much story about her to tide you over while waiting for a birthday?

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Oh, so many pretty sims! :) I can't wait to see what the future holds for them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm playing Sylvia's family today, where I'm sure Alice will figure in somewhere. That'll be my first opportunity to play one of these new age-ups. :)

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Welcome Beau! That’s cool that he got his eyes from his great-great-great grandfather. I didn’t think eye color would hide out that long! I’m already anxious to see what he looks like as a tot.

    All the age ups are great! Catherine looks like a good mix of her parents. I already mentioned it at N99 but that’s cool that Sylvia’s following in her aunt’s footsteps as an actress. The Moretti twins are stunning! I always thought they were pretty girls, though. I like Tim’s new haircut. I almost didn’t recognize him. Jessica looks exactly the same but Emma looks so grown up already! Love the cheekbones.

    Oliver and Sebastian are hotties. Sophie and Adelaide are very luck ladies ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so rarely surprised by Sim genetics these days but I think this is the longest I've ever had genes lie dormant. Pretty amazing!

      Jessica looked a bit older with the first hairstyle I chose for her but because Declan's still a teen, I thought they might look a bit strange together. So I changed it to the plait. ;) As for Emma, she looks a ton like her great-grandmother, Petra.

      Sophie and Adelaide are indeed quite lucky. And they'll have an awesome place to hang out once I finish decorating Oliver and Sebastian's house!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  8. Ever since Megan, the Kirby kids have looked a bit strange, but with time (and in extreme cases, surgery) they're never horrible looking. I'm sure time will fix Iris's face.
    I always thought Jessica was pretty, but she's a knockout now.
    I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I had to do a double-take at Anna, because for some reason, my mind kept on saying that was Betsy, even though I know she's been gone for years and years. But you're right, age does Anna a favor.
    Also, I realized that this might be the first time I've commented on a birthday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely Megan's genes that inject that slight weirdness into the Kirby line! Megan herself probably looks a bit strange as a toddler or child but I've never aged her down to check. The kids tend to look just fine as soon as they're teens, if not earlier, so I'm quite okay about Iris.

      Anna and Betsy were clones, so it's not so surprising that you looked at Anna and saw Betsy. I'm wondering if Anna would agree age does her a favour. She's rather vain, lol!

      Thanks for reading and commenting (especially seeing you say you haven't done so on a birthdays post before)!

      Delete
  9. Welcome little Beau! He's bound to be a cutie. That was a lot of birthdays! I'm so sad that Jonas and Anna are elders, but I know it had to happen sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dying to see what Beau looks like! The first baby for any couple is always extra exciting to me.

      And yes, this might have been my biggest birthday post ever! I'm not sure. I was sad about Jonas and Anna too, especially Jonas. I don't want him to get old and die. :( That's what's really going to suck for me. :(

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  10. Aww, I was hoping for a girl for Amar and Adrienne as well but how could I be disappointed with Beau? I love the name BTW.

    Great age ups, your Sims are all so gorgeous. Even little Iris, she looks a bit weird now but in a cute way :)

    I was very surprised with Sebastian's GPA. I always thought he was kind of a bohemian. I think Anna looks so beautiful now, better than she did as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for a girl too but getting to name him Beau kind of made up for that! It's a perfect name for Amar and Adrienne.

      Iris is just going through her awkward stage, I guess! A lot of kids do, so that's fine. She'll grow into her mouth...or her mouth will grow into her, as it's very small right now!

      Sebastian's full of surprises! He's very, very smart and doesn't share his girlfriend's attitudes to studying.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  11. Couldn't go to bed without checking that post first!!! :D

    I had already seen the Moretti twins, and WOW, how gorgeous they are!!! Francesca is sooooo lovely too! This family is so precious! (really some of my favorites...;))

    Emma sweet!!! Oh, she doesn't go to the penthouse dorm!
    Tim is a very seducing guy! And Louisa! She's breathtaking!

    Daw, there's so many birthdays to comment that I was about to forget to congratulate Adrienne and Amar!!!

    I wanted to check Anna's profile page to see her previous portrait, and her page is missing. I hope she's still alive!!!!! *scared*

    NOW, I go to bed... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. (PS: *squeeeeee* to Jessica too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah, this was a big bumper birthday post! Next January's will be a bit smaller.

      I'm so happy with how the Moretti girls turned out. Evan will have his hands full fending off the boys soon enough. ;)

      Tim's definitely inherited his uncle Luc's good looks. I've done the college updates for 2038, so you'll get to read all about these kids once you catch up.

      Thanks for pointing out Anna's missing page! No reason to worry - she's still very much alive but I was using the wrong link to point to her profile. It's fixed now. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  13. It never misses: I dreamt again about your Sims! *lol* But as it was a very bad night, I hardly remember what it was about. I know there was Adelaide, but don't know what she was doing. I slept bad because there was too much light in the bedroom (that's the price when you go to bed after the sun is risen!), but I dreamt the Sitko Company had invented a statue to block the sunlight... *lol* You have some hidden inventors in that family! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I love your Sullivan dreams! I can't remember at what point the hood was at when you started reading but Adelaide's maternal grandmother was actually a scientist. I haven't mentioned it much since she died, except when I did the lot tour of the university's Sitko Faculty of Science, which was named after her. ;) She probably could have invented something to block out the sun, lol!

      Delete