Round 36: March 2043 (Autumn)
Narrated by Simon Lane
Matthew and I both moved in Novak Hall this year and things are going pretty well for us so far.
Rooms were assigned randomly and Matthew ended up with a roomie, at least for this year.
Not the ideal situation but he says his roommate only ever comes in to sleep and sometimes not even then. So it’s almost like having his own room.
I actually have my own room though and I have to say, it’s pretty sweet.
It’s bigger than my bedroom at home and I have total privacy. It’s also upstairs, away from most of the noise, so I can sleep in.
I don’t have a class starting earlier than 2pm, so I’m rarely up before lunch time.
Matthew is majoring in Information Science and for some reason, most of his classes don’t start until 8pm.
Even so, he gets up at 8am and studies all day. Then he comes home at about 10:30 and basically goes straight to bed.
Such a nerd. We’re twins but you really wouldn’t know it most of the time.
I’m a music major but it’s really mostly for the college experience and to appease Mum. I don’t think I need a degree to be a musician.
I’m just doing the bare minimum I need to do to pass right now. I learn way more about music from playing it than I do from sitting in class.
I sometimes take my guitar and amp and set it up in the street and hope I can earn some decent money before I get shooed away for busking without a permit.
It’s awesome to have people watching and listening to my music.
I’m just not into studying at all, I guess. While Matthew is sleeping, I’m usually out at the uni bar, having actual fun.
Sometimes I go on my own and meet people there and sometimes I go with Brendan.
Brendan is a junior, who I vaguely remembered from high school and who I’ve got to know a little better since moving to campus.
We probably wouldn’t hang out if we weren’t sharing a residence but we get along and he’s an okay guy.
He’s got a girlfriend - Amanda, who lives in our dorm - but they don’t seem to hang out too much. He’s not chasing other girls or anything but I don’t think I’ve seen them together more than a few times.
It’s been harder than I thought to find any girls I’m interested in on campus. Everyone seems really studious, whereas I really just want to have fun.
I met a couple of cute girls around the dorm but they weren’t really my type, personality-wise.
They’re more Matthew’s type of girls, if he didn’t have a girlfriend waiting for him back in Sullivan.
Though there is one girl around here who is really into Matthew and Alice doesn’t seem to be stopping him from lapping up the attention.
I even considered seeing if I could get back together with Annabel, seeing we were sort of getting along again.
We did actually end up hooking up, just the once.
But I thought better of it afterwards and I think she did too. We’d be fighting again before too long, I’m sure.
I did finally meet a girl I was on the same wavelength with and she turned out to be living right here in the dorm.
Her name is Tracy, she’s a fellow freshman and hasn’t declared a major yet.
It was kind of refreshing to finally meet someone else for whom studying was not the number one priority.
Tracy is a lot of fun. It’s great to have someone to goof off with while everyone else around here has their nose in the books.
And she’s really cute to boot. That’s a nice bonus, I have to say.
We’re keeping everything super casual right now. Neither of us are anywhere near ready for anything serious.
We’re way too young to think about that right now, so we’re just hanging out and seeing where things go.
- Title is from Sound as Ever by You Am I.
- Hope the pictures look okay. I am fine-tuning the dimensions of everything. Not sure why it's changed on my new PC but it has.
- Brendan and Matthew are both doing well with their 4.0 GPAs, while Simon hasn't done a single term paper, so his GPA is 3.3.
- Brendan seemed totally uninterested in Amanda during the entire first semester. I generally play my sims for the first semester and speed them through the second. In the second semester, Brendan and Amanda were all over each other. Evidence:
- So I don't know! I thought Brendan might want to break up with her but it doesn't look like it, does it? He didn't roll a single want for her but I can't really ignore this much autonomous interaction!
- Annabel was a booty call. She came up once, they stripped off, got on the bed and then got right back off again. So I figured it wasn't going to happen. Then I saw her heading back up there later on and they finally went through with it. So that's two notches on Simon's bedpost, seeing he hooked up with Tracy as well, shortly after Annabel.
- Matthew was not a good boy this round. The blonde girl's name is Lexie and there was a ton of flirting going on, plus a couple of kisses. Alice would not be impressed at all.
- There were a couple of other things that happened in this session that I haven't addressed yet, because it didn't make sense for Simon to really care about them. But I will deal with them in due course (one in the next update). These kids kept me busy, I can say that!