Sunday 31 May 2015

You say it's your birthday, January 2043

It's time for another new round here in Sullivan, so of course, we are starting off with January birthdays!

First up is Alex Moretti...

...and Curtis Clarke. Both boys will turn 4 this year and are beginning pre-school. 

We also have a bumper crop of brand new 12-year-olds!





...Felix Lane...


...Joaquin Miguel...






...and Thomas Moretti. All six of these teens will be students at Sullivan High School this year. 

Six new students enter as two leave and go off to Suffolk University. 

Matthew Lane is now living at Novak Hall. He's excited to start classes but hasn't chosen a major yet. 

Twin brother Simon is in the same dorm. There's really only one thing Simon wants to do with his life - music - so he's studying Fine Arts with a focus on Contemporary Music. 

Four other students are ready to graduate and enter the real world!


The first is Declan Romilly, who studied History and Architecture. 


Declan is pretty excited to be moving back to Exeter, where he will be closer to his girlfriend Jessica


Declan did very well in his studies and is graduating with a 3.9 GPA.

He is working as a paid blogger right now, while he works on his Master's in architecture. 

The next two graduates are twin brothers Justin and Xavier Moretti

Xavier studied Literature and earned a 4.0 GPA. 

Xavier will be living in Exeter with Declan and their friend Austin. He's working as a paralegal while he works towards his law degree.

Graduating will mark the first time that Justin and Xavier have lived separately; Justin (with the help of a loan!) has just bought a small house in Sullivan with his girlfriend Louisa

Justin is considering some form of post-graduate study down the line but for now, he has found work as a Botanist.


Our final graduate is Lauren Carmody!


Lauren also studied Literature and earned a 4.0 GPA. In her time at Suffolk, she founded the campus newspaper the Suffolk Sun. 

She is now living in Exeter with her friends Jessica and Emma. Lauren is working as a Tabloid Researcher. 

Finally, two Sullivan residents are celebrating their 60th birthdays this year!


Abigail Carmody (who you already saw in Lauren's graduation picture)...


...and Tatiana Lachance


Notes:
  • I'm not sure when I'll get the first story update of the round up but it could be a little late. I'm planning on doing a little spring cleaning around here over the next week, because that sidebar is a mess! Nothing will disappear entirely but things might be moved around. I'll do a summing up post when I'm finished, so you know where to find things. 
  • On that note, I have updated all the sim profiles, the Playable NPCs page, the Student Index and the play schedule.  I hope to work on household profiles and some of my gameplay notes as well. 
  • Can we talk about how gorgeous Daphne turned out? That girl is the perfect mix of her parents, I swear! And Keira is so much less freaky looking now. Her mouth is still tiny but she's a lot more in proportion now. I'm very happy with everyone, really, but those two especially.
  • It felt kind of weird to have both my new elders get glasses but I guess many people (maybe even most) have glasses by middle age, so it's probably relatively realistic. 




9 comments:

  1. Yes, as soon as I saw Daphne I was floored. She is so beautiful! But when I saw Keira, I just thought how cute she is, and how she's got those strong Romilly features. She's very gamin looking. Tatiana aged very well, and her glasses suit her. Abigail looks great too, I really like her hair.


    You've gotten so much done behind the scenes! Just the posing in the beautiful grad pictures, and making sure everyone was aged up appropriately first, must have taken quite a bit of time. Looking forward to see what you do with the layout.

    Is Declan going to live on his own in Exeter? It looks like with the new graduates, you won't be having any brand new households since they are moving in with friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with Daphne. I couldn't wait to find out what she looked like as a teen, because I think she was such a pretty and unusual looking child. The more I look at Keira, the more I like her. I think she actually looks a lot like her grandmother Megan, so we probably have a pretty good idea of what she'll look like as she gets older.

      Ha, Tatiana had some help! ;) Just before I did these age-ups, I was talking with Maisie about doing jaw surgery on my elders - some of their jaws tend to cave in when you age them up. That's something I have never noticed happening to anybody in real life as they age, so I don't feel too cheaty helping them out a bit. I'm planning on posting a before and after on Tumblr, because Maisie was curious, so keep your eyes peeled if you are too.

      Birthdays are an all day job! I split it over two days this time, because I did it during the week rather than on the weekend. But it's all rather mindless work as well, so I really enjoy the process and I never mind taking so long with it.

      No, Declan will be living with Austin and Xavier. I have them all moved in, though their flat isn't decorated yet. Next round, there will actually be a few new households - Emma, Jessica and Lauren (Emma and Jessica have lived together for a year already but they haven't had an update), Louisa and Justin, Austin, Declan and Xavier. Noah and Brigit and Chris and Anthony. I'm excited to play with them all! I love roomie households!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
    2. I saw that thread where you guys were discussing the jaws, and wondered if you did surgery on Tatiana. I wouldn't feel bad about it either. And I'll look out for the before/after on Tumblr.

      The roomie households will be fun!

      Delete
  2. Yes, Daphne is so pretty! And Keira does look really cute, she's grown into her features more. I just can't believe they're teens now! Seems like just yesterday they were born. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, see, it's felt like a really long time to me since Keira was born, since I've been so keen to age her up! I cheated when she was a toddler and checked what she'd look like as a teen (though I'd forgotten, other than remembering she looked "better"). I do that with my stranger looking kids sometimes. In general though...yeah, it's weird to have her and Daphne as teens now!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Everyone looks so good and you have SUCH a large hood, LOL. :) I'm excited for the new round, yay for those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably a bit too big, based on my last round summary! But I love it and I'm glad you guys do too. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
    2. I always love january birthday-posts, with all the birthdays, and this one is no exception!
      I like both your now kids, but I love Thomas Moretti! He's so handsome, but I wouldn't expect anything else from one of NIck's sons :)
      Keira does look better now that she's a teen and Daphne is adorable!
      I can't believe all the Lane-kids are teens now! I just don't think of Luc and Asha to be old enough to have 3 teen running around!
      Looking forward to seeing the new students at college, as well as seeing the new graduates starting their lifes!
      And you really have some good-looking elders walking aroud Sullivan!

      Delete
  4. Thomas basically looks exactly as I expected him too, though of course, he is indeed very handsome. He just looks so much like Nick that there are really no surprises! Alex is an even closer clone, seeing they share colouring too.

    I was just thinking about Luc and Asha having three teens when I aged Felix up. It does seem crazy. Even crazier that this is Ruby's last round before she goes off to college. I'm pretty excited about that. :)

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete