Monday 4 May 2015

Lot tour: Noah and Brigit's place

It's been far, far too long since the last update and I've been a bit slack with them this year in general. So I thought I would put up some lot tours this week as penance. ;) I have two planned but I may get another up, depending. I definitely want to get back to my families, as I have only two more until the end of the round. Unfortunately, I need to have the time and motivation and though I've had both recently, they haven't happened at the same time!

Anyway, so a little while ago, I decided to rearrange my households for next round, which included making Brigit a playable and setting up her house with Noah. I moved Brigit in and checked her inventory and found that she had quite a bit of expensive stuff in there! I sold it all and she and Noah had $22,000 to buy and decorate a house.


This house was already sitting in my hood and was $12,000, leaving me $10,000 to decorate with. A challenge but I was kind of in the mood for one! I don't remember where I got the house but I left the shell as is, though I changed the doors and windows and the bricks.







The living room/study area. The blank frames will have family portraits in them once I make some. The Gottliebs are the only family I have not yet played in the new hood (can you believe that?!? I couldn't!), so I haven't done their pics yet. 




The kitchen. I was kind of worried I wouldn't be able to fit a table in. I always think I need more space than I actually do. 


The bathroom. There will be a bathtub in that empty space, once they can afford one. Once I was done, I had exactly $20 left!




And finally, the bedroom.

It's very light on decor right now, due to the limited funds. It also isn't their forever home - they'll have at least one kid one day and this is only one bedroom. But they should be okay here for the next few years and I'm confident they can save up for a larger place during that time. I'm quite excited to have them work their way up to their goal. :)

12 comments:

  1. It's a nice starter home, and I actually like the fact that it is so light on decor. I also like the subtle, soft grey colour scheme very much.
    Hey, where would our less wealthy Sims be without IKEA ;-)
    Nearly all my families are way too rich for my liking, money comes in so easily even if only one adult in the household works. So I was happy to play a couple with a toddler last week who were on very limited funds when they moved out from the main family home; when they bought their new place and put the basic furniture in, their funds were down to 2 (TWO!) Simoleons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it. "Light on decor" is really not my usual style but Noah and Brigit didn't have much choice, unless I wanted to cheat or take out a loan. They'll add a little more when they save up. And yes, they did a lot of their shopping at IKEA!

      Totally agree on playing low wealth sims! I think most of us figured out how to play the motives game a long time ago, so trying to manage their funds adds an extra challenge. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Lovely house for a starter, just right for a couple and planning on moving in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to playing them properly in this place next round. I only played them long enough to get them out of the way for photos. ;)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful house for them, I like the sparse decor, they're just starting out and that's how such things tend to go. I certainly didn't have matching end table lamps in my bedroom at the start (still don't actually now that I think of it).

    I really like their little eat in kitchen, it's really cozy for these too, and functional for their needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, sparse decor is realistic at this point in their lives! I should add that those matching lamps in the bedroom are definitely from the cheaper end of the catalog...as is pretty much everything in the house! I think the most expensive thing they own is their TV. There are cheaper ones in the catalog but it's so unrealistic to use them these days. Funny how quickly that part of the game has dated!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  4. It looks really good; I was going to say the same thing as Librarian, thank goodness for IKEA! Anyway, it is a great starter house, I love the grey and the light wood cabinets. I also notice that you've already got a couple frames up for future pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rely on IKEA so much for decorating. Actually, I probably need to download more beds because I think the majority of my sims have IKEA or EA beds, which is getting kind of boring!

      And yep, those frames will be filled eventually. I'm waiting until the end of the round and then I'm going to open up SimPE and GIMP and have a big session of family portrait making!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. This is a nice and cosy house! Just what they need at the moment! It's sad they have to move when they decide to have a kid. Isn't there any room for expansion?
    I love the colors you've used! They are calm and suiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Tanja. The colours are mostly Noah's favourites, as I haven't set up a profile in Scrivener (or here!) for Brigit yet.

      I could expand this house but I won't. I like to keep some of the houses in my hood as small little starters, for young couples. And I would totally screw up the very cute exterior if I extended it. My roofs never look that good. ;)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely little first home! And I also love not letting my sims have the things they need until they can actually buy them, like bathtubs, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten how much I liked decorating on a budget! It's got to be just right though - if they have too little money, it's just depressing, lol!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete