Round 34: November 2039 (Spring)
Narrated by Troy Clarke
For his 7th birthday in July, Jude asked for a toy oven. It seemed reasonable enough, so we agreed to buy him one.
He loves the thing! The only time he ever leaves it alone is when he runs out of ingredients.
He’s not bad with it either. He made me a muffin the other night and it was actually good, for something cooked in a toy oven.
Jude is way too young for a real oven but he’s already poring over our cookbooks, in preparation for the day we let him loose in the kitchen.
Josie and I have a ton of them, because we were trying to learn to cook when we first got married. It never really happened for me but Josie is decent. Jude will probably be better than both of us put together one day.
Andrew is still not dry at night, so we have to get up to him most nights. I wish he'd just sleep through it and let us deal with it in the morning.
It’s usually me who gets up, seeing Josie’s hours are less flexible. She’s always been a very light sleeper though, so she ends up waking up with me anyway.
Other than that though, things are better with Andrew now than when he was younger.
He’s a bit more content to amuse himself for a while these days.
That makes the days when I work from home go a little more smoothly.
Andrew does start getting bored an hour or so before Jude comes home. Andrew and boredom are never a good mix. I thought he would have grown out of splashing around in the toilet by now.
He loves playing with Jude, thankfully, and Jude is always happy to oblige when he gets home.
I’m hoping the fact that he gets along so well with his brother and cousins means we won’t have too many issues with him when he starts pre-school next year.
He’s very similar to us and while I was mostly okay with other kids, Josie was a bit of a nightmare. Not that she’d admit it.
So far, so good with Andrew though, so we’re hopeful. Patience’s son Patrick starts at the same time, so he'll even have someone he knows in his class.
The spring rain held out for long enough for us to hold a little get-together on the roof, to welcome the newest little Clarke to the family. Calvin and Aaron were recently matched with their third child, a little boy named Curtis.
He’s only 8 weeks old and Calvin and Aaron have had him for just over one of those weeks.
Amy was dead set against having a brother but she seems okay with it now. She’s good little buddies with Jude, so she knows boys aren’t so bad.
She’s not terribly interested in Curtis at the moment but babies in general probably aren’t that interesting to a little kid like Amy.
I think Calvin and Aaron are going to love having a boy, after Amy and Natalie. It’s a whole different kind of energy but a lot of fun too. Calvin’s just relieved the adoption process is over now. Curtis will probably be their last child. He and Aaron both feel like their family might be complete.
Mum probably won’t be thrilled with that news. She’s a very enthusiastic grandma and I know she’s disappointed that Josie and I aren’t having any more.
She knows better than to nag us about it now. Josie would go nuts on her.
She frets about Chris instead now. He’s still not seriously dating anyone and Mum thinks he should be.
I don’t really know what she expects me to do or say about it - Chris is a big boy now - but I’m glad the pressure is off us.
Josie has been adamant since Andrew was tiny that she was done having babies and I think I’m okay with that finally.
Jude is at a great age and we’re really enjoying watching him change as he grows up.
Andrew isn’t too far behind either. I’m excited to see how he does with school next year.
If Josie said tomorrow that she wanted one more kid, I know I’d jump at the chance. But I think now that I’ll be just as happy even if that never happens.
- Title is from Young Devilry by Sullen.
- I am massively missing my CC! I'm going to be adding things in slowly. I'm being super-organised this time, using a method adapted from one I learnt about in one of livlukas's livesteams. Her method was a little too much for me, so I've pared it down a bit and hopefully, it will work well for my style.
- I did not experience any crashing or pink flashing this session, so yay. I'm still nervous to play though, like every time I load up. I'm so paranoid it will happen again, so if you guys could all continue to keep your fingers crossed, that would be awesome!
- Anyway, let's talk about my sims! God, do you guys even remember who all these sims are, lol? I hope so! I was a bit worried that I wouldn't feel the same connection I did to them in the old hood. I have heard of simmers who've rebuilt their hoods and then complained that it was never really the same for them. I don't feel that way though. They're definitely still Troy and Josie to me. :) It was really nice to be able to play with them again.
- I thought maybe creating new versions of these sims would make Josie roll the want for a baby. I wasn't hoping she would but I was curious to see how her wants would go. She still adamantly doesn't want another baby though. Troy started the session with a very stubborn baby want but it rolled away. So I'm going to take that as a sign that they're done. I don't think Josie is the kind of woman who could be talked into having another one when she really doesn't want to, so unless she rolls the want, Jude and Andrew are it for these two.
- And yay for Aaron and Calvin! I was so keen to get these guys finally matched up with their baby. I would have been able to play this update a couple of weeks ago had I sorted out the adoption issue I was having but with Christmas, I didn't get the chance. That was part of the reason I was so keen to get back to playing. I felt like I was making Aaron and Calvin wait much too long. ;)
- I'm still following the same play schedule (as seen in my side bar) but expect updates to be slower coming than usual. My next family is the Kirby household and I haven't even made the sims in game, let alone put a house in for them. I will have to do that for every single family before I play them, so that's going to take a little time. I'm also cancelling the school updates for the mean time. I love doing them and I want to continue but you know...gotta build some schools first!