Tuesday 1 December 2020

You say it's your birthday, October 2046

October 2046 (Spring)


Colin and Gwen Lachance are turning two just as mum Lucy is entering her third trimester.

Lucy is glad the twins are too young to really care much about not having a party, because Lucy is pretty exhausted

Colin and Gwen are just like the rest of the family though, in that they’re both quite shy, so maybe Lucy and Edward can get away with skipping birthday parties even once they are old enough to notice!

Their new little one will very likely be just as shy. They’ll find out for sure in February next year.

**********


Kirstin Sitko is 62 this month and this year, her birthday just happens to fall on her day off. She has a leisurely breakfast with husband David in the morning but then he’s off to work, leaving her to her own devices for the day.

Kirstin isn’t thrilled with this prospect. 

She decides to do some work from home, while David isn’t around to scold her for working on her birthday.

Kirstin actually loves working though. She’s promised David she will retire once she’s of age but she’s not really looking forward to it. 

At least by then, David will have retired too and she’ll have someone other than the cat to keep her company all day. 

Other October birthdays:
Matias Miguel turns 5
Alex Moretti turns 7
Michael Gottlieb turns 15
Gisele Couderc turns 21
Annabel and Georgina Nott turn 22
Adelaide Sitko turns 28
Patience Ashton turns 44
Amar Hamilton turns 45
Wade Gottlieb turns 56
Madelyn Novak turns 66
Owen Novak turns 69

October wedding anniversaries:
Connor and Lila Novak - 3 years
Steve and Olivia Nihill - 20 years
Trent and Megan Kirby - 50 years (RIP Trent - including this one just because they came so close!)

Notes: 
  • Decided to make this one a shortie with just two pop-ins! It took me forever to decide on a family to visit for the third pop-in and then I couldn't get the motivation to actually visit them, so I figured I'd better just get this out instead!

6 comments:

  1. I can understand Lucy not having a party for the twins. They're too young to remember whether they have a party or not, and they're probably very happy just being with their parents and their toys!

    Kirstin probably won't have the easiest retirement with her drive to stay busy with work. Maybe she can find some things at home to keep her busy and give her that feeling of working, and maybe some days she really can find a way to relax and enjoy the time at home with David. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Shana, I lost the email notification for your comment before I had the chance to approve it!

      And yeah, I feel the same way about parties for really little kids! Unless *you* really want to do it, don't, because they certainly don't care at this age!

      Kirstin will definitely struggle with retirement, at least at first. At the same time though, I don't think she'd want to continue past her peak, so I'm hoping she will find some peace with going out on top as well. She will just have to find something to fill her days!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Nice little birthday update! :) Do you have a schedule that you go by to decide on who to visit or do you just choose which family takes your fancy?

    Lucy has her hands with twins and now in her last trimester, maybe quiet birthdays are just what she needs.

    Kirstin needs to find herself a hobby or two! At least then once she retires she will have something to keep herself occupied. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry it's taken me so long to reply to you! My December was a bit crazy. :)

      I have a very detailed schedule (it's always in my sidebar but I don't think it shows up in the mobile version of the site) but I sometimes adjust it as I go, if something happens with a family and I feel like they need an extra visit to update. And sometimes I do just feel like playing a family and I can slot in an extra visit for them too, which may or may not make it into the birthday updates. The beauty of playing with aging off means I can do that without missing up anyone's ages!

      LOL, quiet birthdays forever, especially with twins while pregnant! Cannot imagine!

      Yes, Kirstin is a Sports sim, so maybe she'll take up bowling? Ha, I wonder if anyone has done a retooling of the bowling alley to turn it into lawn bowls! Might be a fun activity for elders!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore that shirt on Lucy! I have it in my game, but I haven't seen it with the pregnancy bump, it's precious! Those two are the sweetest, and I love how their twins are shy. Never know if they have family with outgoingness, perhaps the new baby will inherit it. Alice is a big goofball, and both her parents are serious, she got it from her Grandma Myra.

    It's nice seeing Kirsten. I wouldn't want to spend my birthday alone either, it's too bad David had to work and they didn't see any of their kids. I can imagine her not being excited to retire, but at least she will have David home with her once it happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And isn't it just perfect for pregnant sims too? I hate when there's something I want to use for a sim who is expecting and there's no pregnancy morph!

      I'd be pretty surprised if this baby came out outgoing! There is literally ONE person in the baby's line with more than 4 outgoing points and that would be the great-great grandmother, Emmy Lachance, who had 7. But my baby personality system does allow for a wildcard, so you truly never know!

      Kirstin not seeing her kids was my own fault, lol. I'd delayed putting together this update for so long and I just wanted to get it out there! She will definitely be seeing her kids and grandkids more when she does finally retire, that is for certain!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete