Monday 9 November 2020

Catch hell blues

Round 37: September 2046 (Spring)


(Evan is 57, Ione is 50, Xavier is 25 and Georgina is 22)
Narrated by Justin Moretti


Things are so much better now than a couple of years ago, when Louisa was hating her job.

It’s better for her, because she’s enjoying what she’s doing now but also for us as a couple. She’s so much happier at home and that lifts my mood as well.

We were even able to pay off our mortgage. It wasn’t a huge amount and we always thought we’d be able to pay it off within five years but we’ve paid it off in two.

The first thing we did felt very adult and responsible. We got some overhead cabinets installed in the kitchen. Maybe a little boring but it always bothered us that we didn’t have any!

We also finally had a fence put around our property. We weren’t sure it was necessary but we were getting the newspaper delivered to the back of the house, so I guess it was confusing to some!

But I was kind of keen to do something fun with our newfound disposable income as well, so I talked Louisa into letting me spend some of it on a keyboard, which is now in the living room. 

I’m more of a guitar guy, really, but piano was the first instrument I ever played and I’d started to miss it. 

Xavier is in the last few months of law school and he feels like he’s really under a time crunch now. 

He comes over here to study now, because although his roomies are pretty considerate, he can’t say the same about his neighbours. 

He lets himself in on his days off and then when Louisa and I get home from work, we’ll often invite Georgina over and we’ll all go out to eat somewhere. 

Or we’ll stay here and just hang out for a while. 

Xavier and Georgina still haven’t been together too long but she’s become a part of the gang pretty easily. Xavier has fallen for her hard already though. I can definitely see them together long term.

They even seem to dress alike sometimes, which I love teasing Xavier about!

But really, I’m just happy Xavier has found someone again. Georgina’s a great girl and an awesome match for Xavier. 

Louisa and I are much further along in our relationship. We’ve been together since I was 15 and stayed together right through high school and then university. 

We’d talked about marriage a couple of years ago, after we first moved into this place. I was keen but Louisa wanted to wait a little while. 

But I really feel like we’re both ready now, so I was brave enough to surprise Louisa with a proposal.

I was incredibly nervous and wish I’d discussed it with her first as soon as the words came out of my mouth.

Much to my relief, she said yes! We’re engaged!

We’ve told both sets of parents and everyone is thrilled. I had to tell my mum to just chill a little bit, because the wedding probably isn’t going to be until at least 2048. 

At this point, we’re looking at a long engagement. We could have a really small wedding right now, with what money we have, but even a wedding with just our immediate families isn’t going to be small. 

I’ve got four siblings, Louisa has three. All but one of those siblings are partnered up with someone else, which almost doubles the guest list right there. We’re not getting away with a small wedding!

We’d also like to go on a honeymoon. Neither of us have ever been anywhere exciting and Louisa is keen to see Takemizu, where her mother is originally from. 

It’s a long way away yet but we’re both so excited already. Louisa is already combing wedding websites for ideas and I’m happy to let her take the reins on that front. 

She’s getting really into the details already. By the time we’ve finished saving, there’s not going to be anything left to plan!

Notes: 
  • Title is from Catch Hell Blues by the White Stripes.
  • I deleted Louisa's dress and all recolours of it right after I was done with this family. I love it and I loved some of the patterned versions even more but the mesh is *so* glitchy. It bleeds into the shoulders when the sim moves a certain way and the skirt looks weird in basically any non-standing position. So goodbye cute skater dress!
  • I wasn't expecting Louisa to roll a marriage want so quickly but no one is engaged in my hood at the moment, so...yay! It will definitely be a long engagement though, as I did dip into their savings a bit to add some house stuff, lol! I'll duck in and play them a couple of extra times over the next round, most likely. 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Louisa and Justin! I can understand wanting to wait awhile so they can afford the wedding they want.

    That's really nice of them to let Xavier come over and do his studies in peace. I know it could be a nice relief from neighbors who aren't so considerate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Louisa and Justin are still pretty young, so there's plenty of time. No rush at all!

      I don't often have issues with apartment neighbours but at Xavier's place? Every time! Whisper quiet during the day at Justin and Louisa's though, so he can get through his last bit of study for law school in peace.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Yay, an engagement!
    It is nice to see these two couples spending time together, they are a good little group.
    A bit of a shame about the cute skater dress, but I can't stand it either when a hairdo or clothes item doesn't behave at least reasonably realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always excited about planning another wedding, lol!

      Ugh, yes. I really do need to learn to steer clear of anything with preview pics that look overly photoshopped! It usually means the items aren't going to look nearly as good in the game.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I love that dress, and I agree it's awful most of the time. I need to get it deleted, among a few other items from that person which aren't good quality in the game.

    Anyway! I'm super excited for these two! They're adorable together, and I think they make such a sweet couple. And WTG on them paying off their house loan so fast! Is there room in this house for children? I laughed on the backyard door confusing the newspaper, I hate when that happens in houses, and I have no idea how to fix it other than a fence. I wonder if Midge has a mod for it.

    They have such a fun group of friends, and I love how Georgina fits right in. This will be a fun group watching grow up and settle down with kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a couple of other things by that same creator that I am now side-eyeing and wondering if I actually want to install, lol! I'll try them out and see, I guess. They look great in the screenshots but that doesn't always translate to the game!

      There's room in this house for children if Justin gives up his music room, lol! When they have kids, I think they will likely need to move, because there's no other place for his guitar or for the cat's bed.

      I love this group too. I don't know who'll be next to settle down. Maybe Declan and Jessica, potentially? We'll see!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. That dress is very cute, shame it was so glitchy though! One reason why I've gave up on CC, but I do still miss it sometimes.

    Congrats to the lovely couple! If they wanted to save some money, they could always elope and get married on their honeymoon. Not sure how their family members would feel about that though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot easier to play Sims 4 without CC than Sims 2! Sims 2 vanilla content is pretty dire, lol!

      Oooh, no, an elopement would not go over well with either family in this case and neither Justin or Louisa are the type to go ahead with it despite family objections. I think Justin especially would really want his family there. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete