Sunday 18 October 2020

You say it's your birthday, September 2046

September 2046 (Spring)

It was always a possibility that Chris and Veronica would choose to move to Exeter when they got a place together but Caleb and Cara are glad they found a home in Sullivan.

All their kids are living close by. Anthony is just down the street and Nick is only a block away. 

Veronica and Chris haven’t been too great at entertaining since they moved in but they decided to finally have Caleb and Cara over, after many instances the other way around. 

It’s a nice lunch overall and Caleb and Cara have both been good about not pestering Veronica about when she’ll be getting married…but Caleb can’t help but wonder when she and Chris will get around to filling those two empty bedrooms!

It just seems like a waste of space to Caleb, so he just thought he’d ask!

They haven’t discussed it with their parental units yet, or with anyone else, but Chris and Veronica do have engagement plans. 

Veronica isn’t keen on surprises, so she wants to know when it’s coming but will act surprised when it does!

**********



Tate Benton recently lost his twin brother Trent and has felt a little bit lost himself ever since.

He only stopped working for a few days (because there’s no one to replace him), so he’s back now but his heart hasn’t been in like it usually is. 

Audrey and Jack have been heartbroken just watching him and glad to have the opportunity to give him some good news.

Tate is mostly shocked but very happy with the news too.

Zelda is also surprised but honestly, so were Audrey and Jack!

With Mia being only 8 months old, they really weren’t planning on adding to the family just yet! 

They’re relieved that a) Zoe is excited about the prospect of sharing a room with Mia once the baby arrives and b) Zoe’s bedroom is more than large enough to accommodate them both!

It’s about a year ahead of their planned schedule but Audrey and Jack are very excited about their new little one!

Baby #3 is due in April 2047.

**********

Zac Whitney is officially 12 this month.

He’s an unusually studious kid and tops the class in basically every subject, something his mother Susannah holds a lot of pride about.

Even so, she and stepdad Daniel encourage him to go out and do something for his birthday, maybe with one of his friends. 

So Zac heads to the park with his friend (and cousin) Catherine

Zac wants to spend the day collecting insects.

This is not so much Catherine’s thing but she puts up with it for the birthday boy!

When Zac arrives home, he finds Susannah and Daniel have bought him a top-of-the-line telescope for his birthday and set it up in the backyard.

He knows how expensive it would have been and isn’t sure how they afforded it but he’s not going to ask any questions!

Notes: 
  • Caleb and Cara's mini-update kind of turned into Chris and Veronica's...but Caleb and Cara didn't have a lot going on!
  • So Audrey and Jack tried for a baby shortly last time I popped in on them (it's been so long that I can't even remember why I was visiting them!) because I forgot to put them back on BC after Mia was born. Pretty sure this baby isn't the first one conceived that way in my game. Probably not in real life either, lol!
  • Daniel and Susannah are really paying down their debt - they have about $13K to go! So they can't really afford the telescope but they're in a better position to buy it than they were a year ago, so I thought I'd let Zac have a treat. :)

6 comments:

  1. Veronica really got her nose out of joint with the questions of marriage and babies, lol! At least Caleb will have some news soon about their engagement but I guess he will have to wait a while for any grandkids. ;)

    I didn't realize Trent had a twin, how sad for Tate. Good that he has got something to keep him occupied and the news of another grandchild hopefully lifts his spirits a bit.

    Zac is such a cutie, that blonde hair and tanned skin! How lucky he is to get a telescope for his birthday, such a cool gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take much for Veronica to get her nose out of joint, lol! Caleb will be very happy once Chris and Veronica finally make their announcement though, I'm sure.

      I'm not surprised you didn't realise, as Tate and Trent look nothing alike and had different surnames. My elders don't get as much time with their siblings as my younger sims do, though I do maintain those relationships off-camera. Tate has rolled the want for a grandchild, so he should be happy with the new addition.

      I'm so glad I fixed Zac's genetics when I rebuilt. He's much cuter than the game intended him to be, lol!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I forgot about Mia! Now I'm all excited! I'm looking forward to seeing her age up and finding out what their next baby is. I think they are a couple who would totally be excited about a surprise baby.

    Nice to see Veronica and Chris talking of marriage, I wasn't sure if they'd ever get married. I don't blame her parents from asking, it seems like they've been together for a long time!

    Zac is a cutie! Nice seeing him get out and have fun, and the gift was very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I almost forgot about Mia myself! I haven't had a proper play session with this family since she was born and I went for such a long stretch without playing any of them! But yes, I think a new baby will be very welcome by Audrey and Jack, surprise or not.

      I was pretty sure Veronica and Chris would get married eventually, because either Chris or Veronica have had the want for a while. They've both got it now though, so I think it might be time. :)

      I love Zac. I'm keen to see what happens with him as he gets older.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Ha, Caleb just can't wait for a grandchild from Veronica and Chris, can he? He'll be excited to find out about their engagement so that maybe they'll be one step closer to that grandchild, lol!

    Aw, I'm glad Tate has found a reason to be excited even during this hard time of his losing his brother.

    It's nice to see Zac's parents trying to make his birthday nice even during the time of trying to pay down debt. I know they don't really want to add more to that debt, but I can understand them wanting to give their son a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caleb's youngest grandchild is still only a toddler but he's ready for another, lol! He will be thrilled with an engagement announcement in the meantime though.

      I had to really justify that telescope to myself, honestly! It's a really expensive purchase for Zac's family but he's a good kid and deserves a treat. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete