Tuesday 5 November 2019

This song

Round 37: April 2046 (Autumn)

Luc Lane is 53, Asha is 49, Marcus is 17 and Felix is 15.
(Everett is 16 and Daphne is 15)



Narrated by Marcus Lane


This is my final year of high school but my friend Everett still has another year to go, so he’ll be hanging around in Sullivan while I go off to uni.


Hopefully he won’t spend that year still pining after Daphne Kirby. 

He says he’s over her now that she has a boyfriend but Everett’s really not a very good liar. 

I wouldn’t mind finding someone to date myself but I’m pretty focused on finishing school at the moment. 

I did really well with my SAS and scored a 67. There's still time to retake it though and I think if I keep studying, I can get another 3 points and earn a free ride at Suffolk.

Dad keeps telling me to take it easy and that he and Mum can easily afford to pay for me to go to college but it’s not about that.

But I’ve just set myself a challenge and I want to be successful at it. It’s not super common to earn free tuition and I’m so close.

Besides, maybe I want to do post-grad study once I’m done and my parents can pay for that instead!

I’m not entirely sure what I want to do with my life yet but probably something in the sciences or maybe with computers.

This is baffling to both my parents. They’re both creative types and I really don’t have a creative bone in my body.

They’re supportive of whatever I want to do. They just don’t understand why I’d want to. I definitely don’t get it from either of them. 

Ruby is away at college now, so I took over her room. It means I no longer have to share with Felix. I love having my own space.

It’s smaller than Felix’s room but I don’t even care. At least I don’t have to kick Felix’s dirty clothes out of the way every time I go in.

I’m sure I lost more than a few things to one of Felix’s piles of smelly laundry!

I do have to share the room with Ruby’s cat, Boots. Once Ruby moved out, he decided the room was his. 

In his view, he probably thinks he’s just allowing me to sleep here.

He’s a pretty nice kind of cat, even if he is also extremely dumb. I don’t mind “sharing” with him too much.

It’s kind of a shame I really don’t have much longer to spend in this room. It’s become a cool little sanctuary to me.

I’m hoping I can at least get a decent dorm room next year, hopefully without a roommate, so I can keep it exactly as I want it. 

Notes:
  • So this one is a little shorter than usual. One thing that trips me up with getting updates out in a timely fashion (or has been lately) is that I put this arbitrary word minimum on myself. And the other week, I thought "hey, this isn't uni! If the update is only 400 words, then it's only 400 words". I'd rather get out a short update than none at all. 
  • Marcus just scraped into getting those extra 3 points on his SAS, so he'll be paying no tuition. I've run him through the careers criteria and there are several careers he's a perfect match for but I'm thinking either science or game development at the moment. 
  • Poor Everett is still rolling wants for Daphne! I hope he meets someone else once he gets to uni because she seems pretty happy with Joaquin for the meantime.

14 comments:

  1. I liked this update! It's fun to see into your Sims' lives. Don't worry about a word minimum on the updates. It's still fun to read about them no matter what word count it's at!

    I hope Everett can move on and find someone else who is really meant for him instead of pining after someone he can't have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying very hard to break that word minimum habit! It's such a silly thing, really. :)

      I have my fingers crossed for poor Everett too. I'm not sure if he has super high chemistry with anyone (including Daphne) but I'm going to have a look and maybe give them a bit of a nudge, lol!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Marcus on the free ride! I'm partial to a computer career, so it would be cool to see him go down that path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning towards Game Development, so you may get your wish. I kind of like the idea of Elspeth not being the only one in that career track (she shares her workplace with Troy but he's in the Gamer career, not Game Development). It'd be nice to stick Marcus in there when he graduates.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Like Shana has said, don't worry about a word minimum! Quite the contrary for me - most of my blog reading happens with my first mug of coffee before work, so I am always a little pressed for time, and shorter updates have a better chance to get read than longer ones ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it's nice to have a shorter read sometimes! I'm going to try to just let the updates be as long or as short as they need to be. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I agree, a short update is better than no update. Great job on getting it done! :)

    Marcus is a real cutie! Love the blonde hair and he has such a friendly looking face. It's very good of him to try to get the best score possible so that his parents doesn't have to pay his Uni fees.
    Having his own room is a bonus and he would have the perfect bit of privacy if he ever brought a girl home, but somehow I don't imagine him doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me long enough, lol!

      I don't know how altruistic Marcus's motives are for wanting the free ride! If he didn't think he could get it, he'd be quite happy to let his parents pay. He's just an ambitious type and that was the goal he happened to set for himself.

      Yeah, I don't think he'll get the chance to bring any girls home before he goes off to uni, sadly for him!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Short update is better than no update! It's nice seeing you and your sims again. Marcus is definitely unique when it comes to his family, and he sure is adorable. I hope college goes well for him, I've never been a fan of assigned roommates myself! The kitty is adorable, and it's nice that Marcus doesn't mind. I wonder what Felix will do without all his siblings the following year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Felt good to get this out there, finally!

      Marcus will be hoping he gets into my new dorm (tour for it will go up tomorrow). There are only single rooms in that dorm but there's also only one room left! I haven't decided where I'm putting everyone yet.

      I have no plans for Felix yet. I feel like I need to get to know my sims all over again! It had been so long since I'd played but I've loaded the game almost every day since putting out this update, so I'm getting there, hopefully. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! :) I love reading your updates regardless of their word count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  7. The new dorm looks great (I saw it on Tumblr) and I can identify with him wanting his own room, and feeling a little wistful that he just finally got his own room at home.That's awesome that he is so successful to be able to get enough scholarships to pay his way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the new dorm! I posted it here too but there's nothing new to see if you saw it all on Tumblr, I don't think. :)

      Marcus is lucky I'm not doing roomie rooms in my new dorms. ;) The one I've just finished is replacing the smaller dorm that only had single rooms anyway but fortunately for him, that's the one I assigned him to before I even decided to do new dorms. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete