Monday 11 November 2019

Lot tour: the new Moretti Hall

After I played my last two uni sessions, I decided I hated my dorms. I've had them for a loooong time now and they've served me well but I'm sick of them. So I started picking away at a replacement for Moretti Hall. 


So here is the new Moretti Hall! It's a redo of an EA dorm. In the bin, it has the imaginative name of Small Dorm with 6 Rooms but it also shows up in Académie Le Tour as Lam Plaza Dormitory. I decided to go with an EA base over a custom one because it's been many years since I've played an EA dorm and seeing my decorating has improved since then, I figured I could make something decent out of one now!








I wasn't sure what to put downstairs, so I went with a lobby. I like the little "office" which neatly hides the stairs. It actually hid them so well that I briefly forgot that I included indoor stairs! But they're behind the office, along with a little nook for the Semester Tester, which you need for a base hood uni. 




I agonised over the tiles in the cafeteria! I finally had to force myself to stick with the white and dark teal. 




I somehow neglected to grab pics of Sylvia's room but this is Ramona's room. She and Sylvia live downstairs. 


This is the bathroom between their dorm rooms, which is basically identical to the one upstairs.




This is the common area upstairs. I debated on whether to add a study area here, because I figured it might get pretty loud with the TV and the gaming console. But then again, they have their dorm rooms for quieter study, so I went with it. 


There's not a ton of space for anything out on the balcony but it was a convenient spot for the dartboard, easel and chess set. I also have some space on the roof and in the yard, which I haven't really touched. 




Here is Ruby's room...




...and here is Alice's.




This is what the empty rooms look like, which is unfortunately also what poor Jonathan's room looks like! It wasn't until I moved the household into the dorm that I remembered I'd moved him in! I'll decorate it a little when I play them next. :)

10 comments:

  1. I love it! Like you, I get sick of playing the same dorm over and over again, and sometimes move my students around or at least redecorate a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I always redecorate the actual dorm rooms for each new student but it was time for a complete refresh this time! Glad you like it!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Love it! It's like when a university decides they need new work done, so the dorms got a makeover through the planned construction. :) I love Ramona's room because I love owls and so the picture over the bed wins me over, lol! But it all does look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that little owl picture too. I think it's actually string art, which is pretty cool. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Always fun to renovate and the new Hall looks great! I like the kitchen tiles, they match the counter tops. ;) The decorated rooms look great and the shared bathroom as well. The common area is very cool, love the grey and orange theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate building and always drag my heels with that but I love renovating! I'm looking forward to playing in here. I think my sims will be happy with the shower situation - the dorm they were living in before had public showers. Bit more privacy this time!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Nice job on the dorm! I really like the teal tiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out too. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  5. This turned out great! This was the first dorm I ever played, plus the single story one were my two favorites. You're decorating has really improved it! I haven't given them much thought in an age, but I like what you did. I got sick of my dorms too, so I redid my old dorm, and I'll attempt to play that with Jake and Monroe.

    I really like your common area, and I'm excited to see these dormies together. I remember when these kids were all born; it's fun seeing them grow up and branch out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, now that I think of it, I think this might have been one of the first I played too. I have very clear memories of some old pics of ALexander Goth's kids living here when they went to Uni. I don't think I even touched the decoration at the time. I don't know how I lived with it, because it was pretty ugly as is!

      It's hard for me to believe these kids are already in college and even harder for me to believe the new students I'll have coming in over the next couple of years. I've been playing so slowly but time still creeps up on me somehow. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete