Friday 16 August 2019

You say it's your birthday, April 2046

Round 37: April 2046 (Autumn)

Sophie Gentry has been labouring at home for what felt like forever and finally, it’s hospital time for her and husband Oliver.


Her pregnancy has been relatively smooth-sailing, which was very welcome, considering it was completely unplanned. Hopefully, childbirth will be the same!


She’s not really certain what she can expect though, so Sophie has placed all her faith in her obstetrician, Dr Moretti.


And at 2.28am, Oliver and Sophie finally meet their little girl!


Piper Sheridan has a head of thick black hair, light olive skin and bright blue eyes, just like her daddy.


Piper is the first grandchild on both sides of the family and she’s also made all of Sophie and Oliver’s siblings uncles and aunties for the first time, so she’s a very exciting addition to the family for everyone!
**********


Anna Collins turns 68 this month and she’s not really sure she wants to celebrate. Growing older is better than the alternative but Anna still doesn’t think it’s all that fun. 

Emil insists though (any excuse for a family get together!) and they hold a joint celebration for Anna and for daughter Hope, who turns 35 this month and daughter-in-law Rebecca, who will be 37. 



Hope and her brother Nathan have given Anna and Emil 4 grandchildren in as many years. It doesn’t help to make Anna feel any younger!

They’re good kids though and Anna is enjoying them more now that they’re all out of the eat-sleep-poop stage, which was a time she didn’t even cherish with her own children.

Anna is quite relieved everyone else takes care of all the crying and feeding and changing and she mostly just hangs out with Mason, who is very attached to his grandma!

Other April birthdays: 
Zoe Benton turns 4
Peter Nott turns 9
Keira Romilly turns 15
Noah Gottlieb turns 28
Elspeth Romilly turns 32
Matilda Jacobson turns 40
Claudia Kirby and Victoria Romilly turn 45
Amelia Gottlieb and Evan Moretti turn 57

April wedding anniversaries:
Noah and Brigit Gottlieb - 2 years
Jack and Audrey Benton - 6 years
Lake and Kendal Draper - 32 years
Emil and Anna Collins - 39 years

Notes:
  • Short one this time but I really wanted to get this out! There either isn't much to talk about with the other birthday sims or we'll be visiting them soon anyway, so I just left it at two households this time. 
  • Pretty happy with little Piper! She automatically got that pink outfit when she was born and then rolled pink as her favourite colour, so that seemed pretty perfect to me. Her genetics could be slightly more interesting but you can't win 'em all. I'm yet to roll her personality or hobby, so I'm keen to figure that out. 

16 comments:

  1. Welcome, little Piper! Aww, she rolled pink. Sophie and Oliver have got to give her a pretty princess nursery now, lol.

    I am seriously impressed Anna and Emil have made it nearly 40 years. I love how sarcastic they are, but softies deep down. And Lake and Kendal aren't too far behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing. Isn't it Elspeth Royce-Nihill? Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind. I thought they had gotten mmarried, but I looked back at their last post. I guess I am just as eager as Josh to get her down the aisle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Piper's nursery is already done using some lovely recolours by Maisie. It's not pink though, so Piper will have to wait tills he turns 4 and gets her big girl bedroom. ;)

      I hadn't realised it had been so long for Emil and Anna, mostly because I thought they had Nathan pretty much right away and he's only 36. Conversely, I thought it had been longer for Lake and Kendal, because I thought they waited a while before they had Chris but apparently, he was born the year after. Ha!

      And no, you were right the first time! Elspeth and Josh are already married and she is Elspeth Royce-Nihill now. Their wedding was posted here: http://sullivansims.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-romilly-royce-nihill-wedding.html She was listed as Elspeth Romilly here because I copied the birthday sims from my birthday list, which I hadn't updated to reflect her new name.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Piper is so cute! I've never used the baby clothes and hair and they always look amazing.

    I'm there with Anna. Age is just plain bad although other people do tend to take care of things for you. I love the way Mason connects with her. That's truly heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby clothes are really cute. I download basically any that I see. The baby hair is great too - the only glitch being that when they age to toddler, the top of their skull is missing! Easily fixed by just changing their hair but I guess it might bother some people who like getting a "just aged up" pic for each of their sims.

      I guess aging is better than the alternative, so there's that. It's not a fun process though, so I'm definitely with Anna on that. I loved seeing her with Mason though. I didn't know he was so fond of her! I haven't played him since he aged up.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Piper is a great name! I love the expressions on Anna and Mason's faces there at the end. They really are enjoying each other.

    Pretty impressed with Snarky Sims catching that Elspeth's maiden name was listed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had Piper picked out for a long time and hoped Sophie and Oliver would have a girl so I could use it.

      I'm very touched by the relationship developing between Anna and Mason. It's not something I expected but I guess she's softening a bit in her old age!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Aww! Congratulations to Sophie and Oliver!

    I'm glad Anna could enjoy her birthday party, even if she had been reluctant to have one. It was sweet that it gave them a little party for all three family members and gave Mason the chance to spend a lot of time with his grandma. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I realised Anna, Hope and Rebecca all had April birthdays, I felt compelled to include them all! I don't think Rebecca would be the type to make a big deal about her birthday either but as a Family secondary, I also think birthdays would be important to Emil and that he'd insist. ;)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  7. Conrgats to Sophie and Oliver! Piper is adorable and that picture of the little toddler playing in the leaves is so cute!

    Anna is looking pretty good for 68. It must be nice for her to have so many grand kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that toddler who is turning 4 this coming January and I still have to double check if he's Byron or Noel? He is very cute though! Maybe I'll get them straight once they age to child. Nah, kidding, I totally won't!

      Anna prefers grandparenthood to parenthood, I think, despite it making her feel old! She wasn't so great at that when her kids were little. ;)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  8. Welcome to Sullivan, Piper! What a cute name and sweet outfit. I'm hoping she will look like Sophie as she ages cause she's gorgeous! Very sweet that she's the first for both sides of the family too, that's very special!

    My husband would agree with Anna, though he is much younger. He is not into birthdays and growing older. The little gathering was sweet though, and it's adorable how she is close with Mason too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also hoping Piper will take after Sophie. She is gorgeous but her face is also more interesting than Oliver's. Oliver is a mix of facial templates, while Sophie's ancestors are mostly born in game or sculpted CAS sims.

      I can kind of understand both ends of the spectrum with celebrating birthdays! I like celebrating mine but never want to make too big a deal of it. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  9. Contratulations to Sophie and Oliver! I love the name Piper.

    Anna's birthday party looks really nice and it's always nice to get together with the family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Piper is a favourite name of my mum's (which surprised me to learn, as it's nothing like my name or my sister's) and I've been wanting to use it for a while!

      Glad you enjoyed the birthday celebration! Quite hastily thrown together, as I really wanted to get this out!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete