Wednesday 8 August 2018

Lot tour: Chris and Veronica's house

I got the decorating bug over the last few days and finished off this place for Chris and Veronica in one evening, which is much, much faster than I tend to decorate these days, even for a relatively small house!



Anyway, this little place was built as a gift for me by Starr! If you saw my WIP pic on Tumblr, you'll notice I've changed the roof colour!

Outside, I added a fence all around the lot (but there's really nothing in the garden except Clancy's dog bowl at the moment, so no pics), changed the walls, floors, windows and doors. Inside, I think I left the layout has mostly as Starr built it, other than moving the second bathroom to the back of the house and adding some half walls to block off the kitchen.

Let's go inside!




I'm inordinately proud of this little entry way! I usually don't do much with my entries. I might flip that rug to be horizontal though.


A little office nook in the living room! I think Maisie may have made that poster?


The main living area. I was so happy to get to use that rug finally! I was very conscious about not making things look too girly, seeing Chris lives here too and the floral rug is probably the most feminine touch. 


Here's where Clancy sleeps. I think he only had a kennel at Veronica and Adelaide's flat, as it was quite small!


I'm really happy with the kitchen. I don't get to use more colourful counter options too often. Although, I guess there's really nothing stopping me!




Bathrooms! Small but honestly, how much space do you need in a bathroom? Small bathrooms mean I don't have to worry about what to fill them with!






And finally, the bedroom! I don't know if I have ever used that mirror before. Not just in Sullivan but in any of my previous hoods either. I thought it might be fun to add something very quirky for a change.

Don't mind the blank frames! They'll be filled in eventually. There are also two extra bedrooms in this place, for future babies. They're totally empty, so I didn't take pics. 

Daniel and Susannah's update is still coming - this is just a little extra to tide you over!

6 comments:

  1. I love the rug! And you are right about the entryway, it is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very often do nothing with entryways, so I may have to start paying more attention to them. It makes a difference, I think!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Amazing house for these two! Love it all, and the purple/grey scream to my high school heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, the grey ended up being the only wall colour that looked right with all the blue and purple! White and black were options too but ended up looking a bit stark/bleak. So the grey was a nice happy medium. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Entryway is so pretty, tidy, and inviting! I love the purple and grey too. I think the entry rug would look nice horizontally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horizontal would be my preference but it's an EA rug and they go weird when you place them off-grid (which I would have to do to centre it). There's a mod to fix it but I added it right before all my pink flashing issues several years ago, so I'm still a bit scared of it, even though I know that wasn't what caused it!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete