Tuesday 28 August 2018

You say it's your birthday, December 2045

Round 37: December 2045 (Summer)



Over at the Benton household, Jack, Audrey, Tate, Zelda and Zoe are in the midst of packing. They’ve found a place, so they now just need to get everything in boxes, ready to be transported to their new house.


Not long after the baby arrives and they settle into the new house, Jack will be starting a new job and he can’t wait.

He’s been unhappy in his position for a while now and decided to talk it over with Audrey.

They decided that seeing they are fortunate enough that they don’t have to worry about money, now was as good a time as any for a career change. 

Jack’s brother-in-law, Troy, gave him a heads up about a job going in the marketing department at Hubris Games, where he works. Being a lifelong gamer, Jack was immediately interested.

He went for an interview and just yesterday, he was offered the job!

2046 is looking to be a great year for the Bentons, with a new house, a new baby and a new job for Jack all on the not-too-distant horizon.

**********

Sophie and Oliver are celebrating two years of marriage this month but their main focus is their impending parenthood. Sophie is now in her third trimester and it feels like she and Oliver finally have everything in place for the baby.

Sophie has finally managed to hire a chef who can take over while she takes 12 weeks’ maternity leave.

And now that the nursery is done, Baby Gentry will have somewhere to sleep when he/she arrives in April!

**********

Magdalena Novak is turning 81 and her entire family has gathered to celebrate!

Magdalena’s three eldest grandkids are normally away at uni but given exams are over for the year, they have significantly more free time than normal at the moment.

Magdalena relishes any opportunity to get her family together, so her birthday is an especially happy occasion for her.

Son-in-law Gordon joins the family briefly but he's pretty snowed under at the moment, doing some work from home for one of his clients. He ends up being a bit of a ghost for much of the afternoon.

Xavier Moretti, who is about to enter his final year of law school, has been assisting Gordon at work and drops by with some case notes and documents for him to look over.

He’s about to head right back home but Lia insists he stay a little bit longer. Being best friends with Xavier’s mother, Lia has always been very fond of Xavier and his siblings.

In the end, Xavier is very glad he decided to stay. He spends most of the time chatting with Georgina and it turns out they really hit it off.

They’ve always known each other, of course, but until now, they’d never really hung out one on one.

After today though, Georgina and Xavier both think they’d like to see each other again. Georgina will be moving back to Sullivan in a matter of weeks, after graduation, so they should have plenty of opportunity to get to know each other then. 

Magdalena knows her granddaughter wouldn’t appreciate her putting any sort of pressure on her about this potential new relationship. In her head though, she’s already imagining the wedding!

**********

Other December birthdays:
Levi Draper and Will Draper turn 13
Justin and Xavier Moretti turn 24
Eddie and Louisa Gentry turn 25
Rob Ashton turns 44
Jacob Kirby turns 44
Zaria Royce-Nihill turns 57
Megan Kirby turns 73

December wedding anniversaries:
Edward and Lucy Lachance - 4 years
Luc and Asha Lane - 17 years
Owen and Naomi Novak - 35 years

Notes:
  • I did actually think I had some pictures of Tate and Zelda! I must have just spent so much time framing the pic that I forgot to actually press the capture key. Which I've done an absurd number of times!
  • I think I have mentioned here that I didn't feel like Jack's job (he's currently a Senior Manager in the Business career) really suited him. He is very suited to Game Development but I think I might actually add in the Marketing career and have his workplace be Hubris Games. It seems to fit better with his Economics major. Haven't decided yet!
  • I do have a new house for Audrey and Jack, after a very long search! I downloaded one from Tumblr that I thought would be perfect, put it in my hood and then it didn't seem right for them. I did the same thing with several houses in my lot bin before finally moving them into this one, which was already sitting in my hood. I don't think I've had anyone living there before but I have decorated the bathrooms, one bedroom and have started on the entryway (I have a weird decorating process!), so when I'm done, I'll do a lot tour. :)
  • Georgina and Xavier are somehow BFFs, even though I have never taken a picture of them together until this update. So that's been happening in the background somehow. I don't even know. But because of that, they fell in love with a single romantic interaction! They both had the want to fall in love - poor Xavier has had it for a couple of years now. So I'm hoping they'll be happy together. :) They're very cute. I will probably post some outtakes on Tumblr.


12 comments:

  1. Wow, Xavier and Georgina, so cute. I'm trying not to plan their wedding either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're pretty adorable too. I will try to delay my wedding planning, lol!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Oh you are not alone in spending time setting up a scene to take a pic and then forget to take one. When I do this I usually take a couple of shots just to make up for it which makes no sense at all but oh well. Sometimes I just get so distracted playing that I often forget what I loaded up the game to do. lol

    Great for Jack to have found another job that he likes. It's not much fun if you don't like what you're doing or where you're working, the days can drag and it can make you so unhappy. So well done to him!

    Magdalena is such a cute elder. So nice to see elder sims celebrating with their many generations of family. I don't play elder sims enough. In TS4 they get so tired and very quickly too so they aren't generally that much fun to play. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen other simmers mention having this very problem, so I knew at least a few of you could commiserate! I do the opposite sometimes too - take multiple shots of the exact same scene.

      Let's be honest - work can drag even if you do like what you do! Best to minimise those days by finding a job that will really suit you. I think Jack will be much happier in his new line of work.

      To be honest, I still don't find elders a whole lot of fun to play! That's why most of mine move in with their kids eventually. But I do like gathering their families together and carrying on their kids' and grandkids' stories during their updates. That's always fun. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I'm with Magdalena, I'm already picturing Georgina and Xavier's weddings and babies! About time he finds a good woman to be with!

    I'm super stoked for the new babies, and it's nearly time! I'm actually glad that Susannah had hers early!

    I love the birthday for Magdalena, it's the perfect gift for her, and nice to see all the family members around the house and outdoors.

    Jack's new job makes more sense, I'm excited for all their big changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, same! I'm sure you all knew that though. ;) I really do think Georgina and Xavier are very cute together.

      Yes, not long to go for Audrey and Sophie won't be long after. I guess I should actually get in and play Finn and Victoria, so I can finally get to January birthdays, lol. Work has been a bit crazy lately, so I haven't had the time I'd like.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I've done that thing with forgetting to actually take the photo, too :( Or, I finally get the perfect setup and my game crashes.

    I spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to find the ideal house for my sims, and its worse in the new hood as I'm trying to replicate their TS2 houses so I end up with some really specific criteria (the Cookes needed a pier-style deck over the sea, Cory's family needed a little balcony and Melissa's room had to have a window onto it, and an entrance with stairs looking into the living room... 4 hours later, still looking... lol...). But decorating is one of my favorite things in the game, so it feels like it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone!

      And yeah, I spend ages looking for houses too, all in an effort to avoid building, which I really don't care for. Like you, I do love decorating, so getting to that part is always exciting. It's why I don't usually mind moving my sims!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Oh, moar babies! I'm excited to see them and I add myself to the crowd cheering for Georgina and Xavier, heh. And as always, your family gatherings are a true source of inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There always seem to be moar babies in Sullivan! I'm pretty excited about Georgina and Xavier too - we'll see what happens. :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Well, Georgina and Xavier have both chosen well, it seems! That's a serendipitous occurrence! I did not realize I'd missed so many Sullivan updates.

    Hubris Games, ha, that's an ironic name for a game company especially in a video game. :-)

    Starting to decorate with the bedrooms makes sense - starting with each sim's personality and interests, I would think - and then with the entry way, how they present themselves to visitors. At any rate, I always look forward to seeing how you decorate your sims' houses and other lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm *so* excited to get back to Georgina and Xavier! I kind of like their little "meet-cute" if you could call it that. They have a couple of connections going on, with their mothers being best friends and Xavier working with Georgina's dad, so it makes sense that they might meet and hit it off.

      Hubris Games is based on Hubris Comics, a company in the Fallout series. Plenty of irony in those games! ;)

      In a larger household, the bedrooms are sometimes the only place my sims can really personalise their space, so they're some of my favourites to do. I actually tend to start with bathrooms, because I hate doing them so much and I'd rather get them over with. Calling how I decorate a process was probably an overstatement though. It's far too haphazard to deserve that name! It all comes together in the end but there's a reason I've never seriously considered doing speed-builds (or speed-decorates?) on YouTube or anything. It would be so annoying for anyone else to watch!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete