Thursday 30 August 2018

Lot tour: The Bentons' new place

Yet another lot tour for you today! I've been in a real decorating mood lately. I did Chris and Veronica's house pretty quickly, I picked away a little at my long-neglected primary school, I'm working on a share house for Brendan, Caitlin, Georgina and Annabel and I now have this house ready for the Bentons!


The house is Park Hill, which I grabbed from MTS. I actually downloaded a couple of new houses, intending them for this family but when I put them in game, they didn't feel right. They were large and had enough rooms but they didn't feel like an upgrade on their old place. This one has been sitting in my hood for who knows how long but I think it really suits the Bentons.

I will probably change that roof colour. It looked good with the original white windows but now that I have the darker wood Torrox windows, it doesn't look quite right any more. 






Layout pics, as I did edit it from the original. I made the kitchen/dining/living area open plan and made some more divisions upstairs.




Still trying to make an effort with my entryways. We'll see how long that continues. ;) 




Living room and computer area. I might add some more lights around the living area, as it seems a bit dark. 




Dining and kitchen area. I may still swap out those half walls, though I'm not sure I have anything better.


There are two of these bathrooms, one upstairs, one downstairs. 




Upstairs landing area (with cameo from Zoe).



This room is a little bit weird, in terms of placement. It was originally part of the landing area but it was way too big, so I split it off. But it couldnt be a bedroom, because it would have meant Tate, Zelda, Audrey and Jack would have had to walk through it to get to their own bedrooms. So it became a study. 




Zoe's bedroom, which will need to be turned into a big girl's room by the time I play them next, so I'm not sure why I bothered!




The new baby's room - gender-neutral, because this baby is staying put until the due date, unlike Susannah and Daniel's little boy!




Jack and Audrey's bedroom. It is smaller than their last bedroom but some of the stuff I had in there has been moved elsewhere, namely Audrey's ballet barre. 


Jack and Audrey's ensuite. 


Tate and Zelda's bedroom. 


Tate and Zelda's ensuite. 


And finally, Audrey has her own little home dance studio! I did originally have it crammed into their bedroom but I had this little room downstairs that I didn't know what to do with. There's a door leading directly out onto the street, so putting a bedroom there, especially a kid's bedroom didn't seem right. This family is so rich though, that it makes that they might have something extravagant like a dance studio in their home. 

Since taking these pics, I've also added Jack's arcade machine to the garage. He has so much space now, I might give him a second one too. :) Audrey won't mind, as long as they stay in the garage!

10 comments:

  1. What a great place! Are you going to put something on the balcony/terrace above the garage? I really like the look and feel of this house.
    Oh, another question, since you seem to know good sites for downloading houses: Do you happen to know where I could get a house based on the one Jennifer and Jonathan Hart inhabit in the 1980s TV series "Hart to Hart"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I probably should decorate that balcony and likely I will! I've just realised it's actually leading off from the landing and not Zoe's bedroom (like I was thinking when I decided I'd just do it later!), so it could be a nice little extra common area for the family. :)

      I don't really know many sites for downloading houses at all! I literally get 99% of my lots from Tumblr and MTS and am lucky if I even remember the name of the creator. The 1% I don't get from MTS are probably mostly by Starr, who writes the Apple Valley blog. I can usually find what I want in one of those places, so I don't look too much further afield. As for the lot you're looking for, I don't know that show too well (I saw a few episodes, many years ago!), so I couldn't even tell you if I've seen anything similar.

      Thanks for looking and reading!

      Delete
  2. It looks so elegant, a really nice home! Loving the entry with all the wood and warm tones, I'm so obsessed with entryways. lol But I figure it sets the tone/feel for the rest of the house. I really like the main bathroom too, nice and bright and those tiles are super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm going to be obsessed with entryways in the future! I really like the one I did for Chris and Veronica too, just a little while ago. It's nice to not have a huge expanse of nothing to avoid taking pictures of!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  3. This house looks great! The ballet studio makes a ton of sense considering their finances. I like that he has his arcade space still too. A double garage is a ton of parking space.

    I think my favorite space is the studio. I really like the way you divided the room and cut the walls, plus the color is very cheerful. All the bathrooms are great too, which I always struggle to find motivation to do well. I'm excited for the new baby, I'm sorta hoping they have a sister for Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that Jack and Audrey both have their little spaces (although I have to say that Tate spends an odd amount of time on those arcade machines, for a Cuisine sim!)

      I would love to see Zoe with a sister. Maybe Jack and Audrey can give me my four girls, finally? LOL. One day!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  4. This looks great! I love the way you've made each bathroom unique, I tend to decorate one, then slap the same walls/floors/etc in any others...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my normal method! But seeing two of these bathrooms were ensuites, I decided I'd decorate them for the occupants instead. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Four girls, that would be fun! The house looks beautiful, elegant, so Audrey. And Jack gets his arcade machine in the garage again :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A family of four girls and another of four boys is my long-time dream for my sim families! One day!

      I'll stick a radiator out in the garage, so Jack's hands don't cramp up while he's playing in the winter time. :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete