Sunday 23 September 2018

Lot tour: New house for my roomies

I still haven't had a chance to sit down and play the Romilly family! It's a Christmas update, so I would very much like to get it out before Christmas in real life. But before I can play them, Caitlin needed a place to live, so I decorated this place for her and Brendan. Annabel and Caitlin will join them once they graduate in January birthdays. 


So this is the house! It's one of Honeywell's Bespoke houses, which make use of the Bespoke build set, the very first time I've used any of it in my hood. 

I wanted this to be a rental house but to cut a long story short, I had a glitch with the kitchen when I did that, which I could not fix, despite trying everything I could think of. The glitch does not exist when the house is just a regular residential lot, so that's what this is. 







Living room. 






Kitchen/dining, the source of all my annoyance!


I'm back to boring bathrooms, lol! They're all basically identical in this house. 




This is Brendan's bedroom. Don't mind the empty frames!




Upstairs, there's another living area, but I was running seriously short on money at this point, so it's still a bit sparse!




Um, this may have been where I spent most of the money! What can I say? I just love Caitlin! She got what is probably supposed to be the master bedroom, because I can just see her sweet talking her way into getting it and Brendan not being particularly keen to argue. 




Annabel's room. 




And finally, Georgina's room. The twins' rooms are both very small and neither is really made to fit a double bed. I have Inaccessible Beds though, so both sides are usable. :)


10 comments:

  1. I like the house! It looks great outside, and you've done a good job inside. It is realistic for a group of young people to have not everything fully furnished and decorated from the start, so the "sparser" bits suit the situation very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not too fussed about the sparseness for that reason. Plus, sims earn money so quickly, even in the early career levels, that it won't be too much longer until I can add some decor up there. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Very sweet looking house and despite the sparseness it looks rental-ish, in a way that the occupants are on a budget and don't have a lot of furnishings of course! ;) Love Caitlin's room, the colours and the natural light. Looks like a nice place to escape and read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlin's room is my favourite one for sure. The other bedrooms are really too small to have too much fun decorating in there - they're meant for single beds. I never use single beds for adults though.

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful house, I had that same glitch recently. It ended up being due to the arch I placed. Once I replaced the arch, the glitch went away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, interesting! I don't even know what that arch is, as I left most of the indoor fittings as they were. I'm sort of curious to test it out as a rental again now! I won't but I'll keep that in mind if I ever have the issue again, so thanks for the idea.

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  4. lol Caitlin's room is a palace compared to Georgina! I love this house, the entire BeSpoke set is amazing! I wonder if the arch was the reason for the kitchen glitch. It'd be a gorgeous rental, and I'm excited for them all to live in it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what Starr is saying, it seems like the arch is the issue! I don't think you can successfully change a residential lot to an apartment once sims are already living in it though, so I'm going to just leave it. Good to know for next time. :)

      Glad you like the place! You'll see Caitlin in it in the very next update, albeit briefly. The very first scene I simmed out is Keira going to visit her big sister's new house. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Wow, such a pretty house!! I love the way you decorate it: so clear and fresh!
    Your Simmies are lucky!!!
    Of course, Caitlin had to get the bigger bedroom! I totally approve! ;D
    Here again, I'm in awe with the family picture! It's always so fun to watch them, to recognize who is who, when it could have been taken... *sigh* I don't put enough of these in my Sims home! Probably because I rarely put family pictures in my own home, but still, it would be fun in game!
    (so, my project for the following weeks: stalking "Caitlin" tag. From now to whenever I met her for the last time.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! It took me so long to get this damn place actually working as it should, so it was a wonder I still liked it myself when I was done!

      I love doing the family pics, so I'm always happy when others notice them hanging in my sims' homes. It's a bit tedious making sure I have updated ones but the result is worth it for me, so I persist!

      Lucky I changed my tagging system between now and the last time you read - it would have been harder to catch up on Caitlin when I was using surname tags!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete