Friday 1 January 2016

Lot tour: Justin and Louisa's house

I finished decorating this place ages ago and sort of sat on this tour, saving it for a rainy day when I couldn't get a story update out. That rainy day has come (in game too, lol!). I'm dogsitting a 3-year-old beagle right now and she's so much more work than my elderly fluffy white things! I haven't had much time at all to play. 

So instead, here's a lot tour!


No idea where I downloaded this house. When I moved Justin and Louisa in, it had been sitting in my hood for ages. I changed the walls and the front door. The front door was previously the door that matches the windows, but I find those doors really hard to work with. They never seem to match well with anything on the inside of the house. 

Note to self: fix the upper part of that wall!


Layout, which I don't think I changed. 




The house is a little bare in parts. Justin and Louisa were on a budget and although I did let them take out a small loan, they still didn't have a ton of money. 








Upper kitchen cabinets will be the first thing I add once these two have some more cash!






Their bedroom is my favourite. I don't use bay windows a lot, so they're a novelty for me. I think it's a nice touch in this room. 




Tiny bathroom. Tiny for me, anyway!




The second bedroom is currently housing all of Justin's music stuff. I need to go shopping for an electric keyboard though, as that's what I've always thought of as Justin's main instrument, since his parents got him one for Christmas as a teenager. :)

And yes, they got a kitten! His name is Aesop and he's actually the brother of Rebecca and Nathan's cat Anais. 

Notes:
  • Happy New Year! Hope you all have a fantastic 2016!
  • Miss Beagle is going to stay with her grandparents in two days, so hopefully after that, I'll get some more play time. Next up will be Lauren, Emma and Jessica and I'm really looking forward to playing them. :)


12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you, too!

    Love the house, it looks cosy and highly playable. The colours are good, and having not all that much stuff around is very credible for a young couple who are on a budget.
    Do the kitchen cabinets also come with doors, or only drawers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! It was fun to use these colours and it was nice to throw some pink into something for anyone other than teenage girl sims!

      Ha, I actually hadn't noticed I'd used only drawers! Yes, there are doors in that set as well. I'll have to try to remember to swap some out next time I play the lot. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  2. The house looks great! Like Librarian said, it's so playable! It's hard decorating on a budget. The kitchen does look really bare, but it looks like young people's kitchen when they haven't collected any stuff yet! I really like their dining set and the bedside tables. I agree that the bay window adds a lot to the bedroom. It is a very cute house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bareness does seem quite typical for recent uni grads! But you know, me being me, I'm still excited for them to earn more money and get some extra stuff in there. ;)

      I think Maisie recoloured those bedside tables and Dee from N99 did the dining chairs. I'm getting so much use out of the Goodies from this year and last. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
    2. N99 has the best goodies! So much talent. I dropped by the Sims 2 threads on N99 last night to see the street cute and I'm looking forward to seeing more of what everyone posts there.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing all that too, and hopefully getting Sullivan's streets in order! Did you see the Stocking Stuffers on December 16? Lots of lovely things shared then too. :)

      Delete
  3. Love their house! The kitchen is so bright, I really need to add more of that color into my sims' kitchens. I didn't even notice all the drawers ether! That would be quite a pain in real life! :D I do like to add clutter in like you, but I think this house really emphasis the beginning of a life together, it's very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using bright colours whenever I can. A young couple's place seemed like a good excuse. Ha, the drawers would be impossible to work with in real life - where would you put...well, anything? I'm sure Justin and Louisa will soon have more clutter and wall decor than I know what to do with. ;)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I'm a bit late bit still a happy new year to you too!

    I love their house! It looks so nice. I never use bay window either, but it looks very nice in their bedroom!

    And the colors in the living/dining/kitchen are lovely. I hardly ever think of using such a bright collor as kichtencabinets, but it works so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I need to start using that bay window more but I rarely build and they're sort of hard to fit into existing builds!

      I've used bright colours in a kitchen before (maybe even exactly the same colours in Charlie and Camilla's first place) but I don't get too much of an opportunity, normally. Brights are my favourite though, so I'm always happy when I do. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Cute little house and looks perfect for just the two of them and their little kitten. :)
    The bathroom is small but it looks like the wall covering gives a 3D illusion that the bathroom is bigger. I think it's the white panel 3/4 up the wall. I might just be me though. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justin and Louisa both had the want to adopt a kitten when they moved in and I didn't need much convincing. ;) I knew Aesop was sitting in the bin. :)

      I think the 3D illusion you're seeing is a camera angle thing. In game, I feel like it looks exactly as small as it is, lol! But it's just the two of them anyway and they don't need a huge bathroom. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete