Tuesday 14 October 2008

The Farmer's Market

This is the market that the Kirby family will eventually own and sell all their produce from. I usually don't build lots - I modify Maxis and downloaded lots instead - but I couldn't find anything that was just right for the Kirbys. So this is all my own creation.

The view from the street.

The view if you decided to lie down on the ground in the greenhouse.

The greenhouse. I really only built this because it looks cool from the hood screen. I don't even know if you can grow crops on a community lot - this may end up just being decorative. I'd like to find some decorative crops for the greenhouse, actually. That might work out better for this. Leave a comment if you know where I can get some!

Lovely fresh fruits and vegetables will fill these shelves soon enough.

Delicious home made biscuits, cakes and muffins are sold here too.

There's even a little diner where Sims can order traditional country fare and play some darts to relax afterwards.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, just going through your earlier posts, and wanted to say, great job on the Farmer's Market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea!

    I found you from lakeside heights
    and now I'm going to read all your posts hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi bbop, welcome! That's quite a task you've undertaken - there are a helluva lot of posts here.

    If it gets too overwhelming to go through them all, I'd consider skipping to about Round 8, or even all the way ahead to Round 14 or so. Even early on, I tend to backlink to any relevant posts so I don't think you'd be too confused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Carla,

    I'm starting over with reading your blog and I hope to comment more as I go along. I really like your greenhouse! Maybe when I get to Riverblossom Hills, I'll build something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! If you get lazy and don't feel like building (or is that just me? LOL), let me know because someone at N99 wanted this lot, so I actually already have it packaged, stripped of CC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled upon your blog and am really interested in reading your updates but it seems as though some of your older pictures are missing. I just thought I should let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olive! I had a look at the links and I believe I have figured out how to fix them. The ones on this post should be fixed but it may take me a while to find and fix all the others.

      In the meantime, if you find a post where the pictures aren't working, you should be able to click on them and open them in a new tab to view them. They're not missing - they're just using the temporary URL my host gave me when I first signed up, which I guess isn't working any more!

      Sorry for the trouble but thanks again for letting me know about the issue!

      Delete
  8. I have started the adventure of reading through your posts. So far so good and I love love love that farmers market.
    I hope you don't mind but I plan to comment throughout as I move along the stories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all, Cheyenne! I'm always glad to receive comments and I try to read and respond to them all within a week (sometimes much sooner, like today).

      Somewhere along the line, I had to rebuild Sullivan. It was ultimately unnecessary but that's a long story. Anyway, the farmer's market was one of the lots that survived the transition to Sullivan 2.0. :) It's very simple but it works well for me.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete