Wednesday 18 January 2023

April updates, 2047

April 2047 (Autumn)


At Chris and Veronica’s house, planning is underway for their upcoming wedding. 

They announced their engagement at Christmas last year and will be marrying almost exactly a year later, this December.

Veronica has taken over most of the planning, because Chris just does not care about clothes or flowers, while Veronica is very concerned with the aesthetics of the wedding. 

Chris’s main interest is the food, which Veronica’s dad Caleb has offered to pay for as a wedding present. He organised a tasting for them - at their home, because it pays to have connections like that! - and Chris had very strong opinions on what would and wouldn’t work. 

Veronica is happy to let Chris make all the decisions there. She cares about food, coming from the family she comes from, but not nearly as much as Chris!

She is thrilled that Chris will just wear whatever she tells him to wear and has no desire to interfere with the look of her wedding. 



Currently, with the help of her mother Cara, Veronica is in the midst of choosing a dress for herself and one for her maid of honour, Adelaide

Adelaide has really thrown a spanner in the works by announcing that she and boyfriend Sebastian are trying for a baby. 

Adelaide wants a dress that will work with a growing belly, in the event that she’s pregnant by December. 

Veronica’s not too pleased with having this limitation put on her but she knows the marriage is more important than having a perfect wedding. 

Cara is more than ready to remind her of that fact every time she forgets!
                                    
**********
Novak 4

Maia Novak is 45, Ethan is 41, Willow is 12, River is 10 and Wren is 7. 

Willow feels like she spends most of her time at home shooing River and Wren out of her bedroom. 

She’s not sure why they’re so drawn to it. Since beginning high school, she’s put away most of her toys to make her room more mature. And her siblings have perfectly good bedrooms of their own. 

Oh well. It could be worse. They never actually mess with any of her stuff. They seem happy just looking around and they do always get out pretty quickly when Willow catches them!

Now that she’s older, Willow has been occasionally helping out her mother Maia at the store.

Once she learned to use the register, she found it was not an especially hard job. 

And her mum actually pays her for her work, so she usually has a little bit of cash to spend. 

Maia has asked Willow if she wants to give sales a try but Willow doesn’t think she’s confident enough for that. 

Maia tells her she felt the same way at one time. Maybe Willow will be ready for that in the future. 

Maybe one day for but right now, Willow would rather do absolutely anything to help other than sales. 

Ethan is immersing himself in his garden as often as he can and he’s teaching Willow as he goes. 

They’re growing some new things this year and Willow is excited to see them sprout. It's still a bit early for anything they can actually pick and use in the kitchen.  

Willow and Amy are still best friends and spend much of their free time hanging out. 

Amy is a bookworm who doesn’t like getting her hands dirty but Willow manages to drag her out into the sunshine on the odd occasion. 

Their new spot is Tranquility Pond, a place Willow often used to fish with her family when she was younger.

No more fishing though! Willow had a crisis of conscience over it during the summer and decided to become a vegetarian.

These days, Willow just likes to enjoy the scenery. 

Extra: 
Just to prove Ethan does still exist! I had taken some pics of him and Willow in the garden and I don't know what happened. I took at least 5 or 6 and literally none were in my folder. 

Notes: 
  • I probably won't get another update out before the end of my holidays (last day is next Friday, the 28th) but I'm hoping to keep some momentum going once I go back to work. Fingers crossed?
  • I don't think I'll end up using either of the dresses Veronica is trying on here. I was just trying things on her and decided to do it "on camera", so to speak! Adelaide is in my play schedule soon, so that's when I'll know whether I need a maternity-friendly dress for her. 
  • The water looks weird in some of the pics with Willow and Amy. I'm not sure why, as I don't remember it looking like that when I was on the lot. Hmm. Will investigate. 

4 comments:

  1. A good read, as usual! My Sims have rather been taking a back seat, but I still keep going, if at a slow pace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reached a snag myself. Last time I played, I got an error when my sim tried to use a telescope. So I have some problem-solving to do but don't feel like doing it just yet! I'm sure I can solve it but it will probably take a bit of time.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Wow, multiple updates at once! You are really spoiling us. Love the last pictures of Willow and Amy. Beautiful background. Now excuse while I build my own wedding store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the pond! It's a bit bare, so I may go back in and add a few things. Not too many, as I still want it to be fairly natural.

      I've been enjoying getting the updates out in a timely fashion! I really need to go fix the error I was talking about above with Librarian, so I can get back to it. I'm excited about the next couple of families. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete