Saturday 2 July 2022

Lot tour: Single Storey Remodel Challenge

So this lot tour is a little different from the vast majority of my other lot tours, because no one is living here yet! I did it for a challenge and it's still sitting empty in my hood. I have vague designs of moving one of my playable NPC couples in here...but I also really like it and maybe want my playables to live here? Except it's probably too expensive for any of the ones who will need to move soon!

Shall I stop rambling now so we can start?

The house was built by one of the members in my Sims 2 group on FB and the challenge was simply to decorate it, the only real rule being that we could not change any of the exterior walls.



The entry/living area. This was a couple of months ago now and I was unsure about that bookcase then and I remain unsure! But maybe the sims who live here are a bit quirky!



Dining room. It was quite fun to decorate without knowing who I was decorating for, as a change! I could just use literally whatever I wanted to. 


The kitchen, using my favourite overused kitchen set!




Bathrooms. I think there are only two? As usual, I didn't take any bird's eye pics, so I can't remember!




The master bedroom, featuring that wallpaper I have in about 30 colours but I believe this is the first time I've used it anywhere, in 14 years!



The second bedroom, for an imaginary child!

Little barbeque area. 


The garage. I never decorate garages. I usually just stick their car in there, plus the bat box, the ACR adjuster and the weather controller. But I was the third or fourth person to post their entry and everyone else had done something impressive with this space! So I had to put some effort in too. 😂 I actually really like how it turned out and should do it more often. 

This lot was decorated for the Single Storey Challenge at The Sims 2 group on Facebook. If you miss Sims forums, the group is great to scratch that itch! Full disclosure - I am one of the admin but I would be recommending the group to you even if I wasn't. It's very active and is strictly Sims 2 only!

10 comments:

  1. I still love the way you balanced the warm colors and accents throughout the home. I agree on the sentiment of never decorating a garage before! I never do it as well because I just don't have sims spend time in there but seeing what everyone did and also being prompted to do some kind of decorating, I really liked it! I like yours as well, and the wall covering!

    Maybe we'll do another one in the latter part of the year if someone wants to put forth a shell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely be up for another shell challenge!

      Glad you like it! Peer pressure works, lol! I was glad for it in this case for sure, because it really pushed me and gave me some ideas I might not have had otherwise.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I love the dining room the most. The garage is very cool, too. Adds an extra touch of realism.

    Btw, I hope you don't mind the stupid question: I noticed there is no grid overlay in the exterior shot. You said no one lives there yet, so the picture must have been taken in buy/build mode. Is there a way to turn off the gridlines for pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it!

      I believe in this case, I turned off the grid by hitting the Redesign tool. I think you can also do it by taking the pic in the Options tab (F5). I could be wrong - I do everything by muscle memory and it's hard to remember what I actually did when I'm outside of the game!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Hmm... looks like my comment did not publish, so here I am trying again:
    I love it and wouldn't mind being that imaginary child, having such an enormous dolls house in my room :-)
    Not sure I quite understand what you mean by playables and NPC playables. NPCs are non-playable by definition, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both your comments came through - I have it set so that I approve all comments before they go up, so you won't see your comment go up immediately. I try to get to them the same day, though I didn't for yours!

      A playable NPC, in my game, is somewhere between an NPC and my regular playable sims. They live in houses or apartments in my hood and may appear as background characters when I do updates about other sims but generally will not have an update of their own. Sometimes I don't even play them and just pop in to age them up in sync with the rest of the hood. It was a term Laura of Lakeside Heights came up with years ago, if I remember correctly! In my sidebar, I have a page where I feature all my current playable NPCs.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Missing this project <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm missing it too! I've had trouble getting going with the blog again this year but I still want to continue. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
    2. That's okay, I don't want to make you feel bad for not posting, just let you know there's still interest for if and when you get a chance :)

      Delete
    3. No worries, I didn't take it that way! Just wanted to let you and anyone else reading know that I haven't forgotten Sullivan and do intend to come back to it.

      Thanks again!

      Delete