Wednesday 23 September 2020

You say it's your birthday, August 2046

August 2046 (Winter)

Matilda is 26 weeks along now and she feels pretty awful. Not long after our last check-in, she learned she was expecting triplets! 

Everything feels at least three times as bad as it did with Phoebe, so coupled with the fact that she’s almost a decade older now, it hasn’t been an easy pregnancy this time around. 

Unfortunately, Phoebe is as demanding as ever and at the moment, she is demanding a party for her upcoming 9th birthday.

Matilda can’t think of anything she wants to do less right now than plan and oversee a children’s birthday party but Phoebe is a tad spoiled. 

She probably knew she’d be getting her party before she even asked.

Fortunately, Miles is a gem and volunteers to take over most of the planning and most of the supervision on the day.

Matilda’s best friend Adrienne comes over too, with her own two kids, Beau and Elisa and is also on hand to help out with the party.

It lets Matilda get some much needed shut-eye, until it’s time for the most important parts of the day…

…which are of course, presents and cake! Happy birthday, Phoebe!

**********
Brigit is turning 27 and had all intentions of spending the day studying. She’s halfway through her third year of undergrad, working towards a vet science degree and always has a ton of work to do. 

Husband Noah insists she can take at least one day off to celebrate. 

Brigit doesn’t take much convincing. She’s quite relieved to have someone give her permission to take a break. 

It’s just lunch at a local restaurant but it is very, very welcome for Brigit.

She hadn’t realised how desperate she was to think about anything other than immunobiology!

Sophie and Oliver come over in the afternoon, bringing baby Piper along with them.

Noah and Brigit are both desperate to start a family but being in the middle of a very demanding academic program, in a tiny house with not a lot of money to their names makes it not a great time. 

It’s very hard to keep in that sensible mindset after cuddles with Piper though. She’s four months old and absolutely adorable. 

So far, Brigit and Noah are resisting temptation but the conclusion of Brigit’s studies can’t come quickly enough!

**********

Sullivan’s Trent Kirby died this week at home aged 76, due to complications from the flu. He was with wife Megan, daughter Claudia, son-in-law Jacob and granddaughters Daphne and Iris.


Trent Kirby was born in 1970 to Brandon and Leontine, local Sullivan farmers. His only sibling was Tate, his twin brother. 

Trent earned a degree in Literature from Suffolk University and right after graduation, he returned to the family farm and met Megan Vaughan not long afterwards. 

Megan and Trent started dating and soon enough, they were married. 

Trent and Megan had three daughters together, first twins Claudia and Victoria, followed by Rebecca.

Trent worked full-time on the farm and in the market until about five years ago, when Claudia took over from him, allowing Trent to enjoy his retirement. 

Trent is survived by his wife Megan, his brother Tate, his daughters Claudia, Victoria and Rebecca and his seven grandchildren, Declan, Caitlin, Keira, Daphne, Iris, Byron and Noel.

**********

Other August birthdays:
Richie Moretti turns 2
Cary Hamilton turns 3
Natalie Clarke turns 9
Theo Nihill turns 11
Iris Kirby turns 12
Ramona Nihill turns 19
Leslie Lachance turns 35
Eliot Lane turns 60
Kendal Draper turns 70
James and Naomi Novak turn 71

August wedding anniversaries:
Zane and Chloe Hamilton - 10 years
David and Kirstin Sitko - 36 years

Notes:
  • I think I have talked before about how I do a multiples roll with some of my pregnant sims - it’s mainly for my older mothers (35+) or in cases where the babies will have at least one parent or grandparent who is a twin (or other multiple, though until Matilda, I only ever had twins!) The roll gives those sims a higher chance of having multiples, which I then control with the Triplets & Quads mod (non random version). So I decided to roll for Matilda, thinking it would just be a singleton, as it usually is. Nope. I was going to ignore it, because I hadn’t accounted for it in the story until now but…TRIPLETS! That’s so exciting! And I don’t know when my next chance for triplets will be, so I feel like I have to go through with it, lol! In RL, Matilda would have found out she was having triplets in her first trimester. In game, she is now in her third. Last time we checked in on her, she was 14 weeks, which is fairly early in the second, so in my head, she found out not long after that! Still not super-realistic but I’m going with it!
  • Brigit and Noah both have baby wants but so far, they haven’t tried for a baby. So I’m taking that to mean it’s definitely in their future plans but not the right time at the moment. 
  • Trent dying was not intended! In the middle of my play session with the Kirbys, I decided I wanted a new house for them. So once I finished the play session, I downloaded one and moved them in. I started decorating, finished the first floor and then unpaused to let everyone start moving around to make sure it was all playable. Not 10 seconds later, the Grim Reaper arrived for Trent! I’d forgotten to turn aging off! Via EA’s system, it was his time but with mine, he had 7 or 8 years left. I considered exiting without saving but to be honest, I couldn’t bear losing all my decorating! LOL. So…sorry, Trent! You’ll be missed!

16 comments:

  1. Noo, not Trent. I've been following your blog for years and got attached to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was sad too! Poor Trent got cheated out of those last few years!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. You made me laugh, poor Trent. Gone too soon, all to save decorating. I would have probably saved then resurrected him, because I loathe losing decorating too! I'm excited to see their new house, and I will miss Trent. He was a good Dad and Grandpa.

    Brigit and Noah are adorable. I like how they haven't TFB yet, which makes sense with her workload, and their income/housing size. It will be fun when they do.

    However, I am shocked Matilda is having triplets! I think Phoebe is going to have a rude awakening when she suddenly goes from an only to the eldest to a set of triplets. There just won't be time to spoil her like they once had. I haven't ever had triplets in my current game, I'm excited to see how the genetics pan out with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my no resurrection rule for so long that it genuinely didn't even occur to me that I could bring him back! Poor Trent...I hope he's looking down and is happy his family are enjoying their new home!

      Yeah, I was pretty happy to see Brigit and Noah weren't TFB, considering their wants! Most people wouldn't, so it feels very realistic to me. They'll just have to get their baby cuddles in with Piper until they can have their own. :)

      You and me both! I've never had triplets before though, so I'm also very excited! I just moved them into a new house. It doesn't have enough bedrooms but it has an upstairs living area that I'm going to convert into two more good-sized bedrooms. And right, Phoebe is in for a shock to her system! Lucky she got this birthday party, because I'm not sure she'll have another one for a while!

      Ooooh, just a thought - what if I get three girls and get my long-wished-for four girl family?! Never thought it would be Matilda and Miles to give me that but it's a possibility!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow! Triplets! I’m sure Matilda will find this adventure with triplets SO much different than just one baby.

    I can agree that Brigit may need time to focus on her studies and then try for a baby once that stress is gone. All that extra work at the same time is probably too much to handle!

    Oh, so sad to see Trent reach the end of his life! :( I can understand, I don’t think I could handle quitting without save after all that work on the house.

    Happy birthday to Phoebe, Brigit, and all the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how triplets could be anything other than a whole new ball game compared to a single child! I can't wait, lol!

      I was very impressed Noah and Brigit were being so responsible. My next family is another young couple who probably want to start a family soon but shouldn't...I wonder if they'll also think better of it, or if they'll just act like all my other sims and do whatever!

      Losing that decorating would have been the real tragedy, lol! Not really...but I do really like the house!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Triplets!! The whole family is gonna need a lot of time adjusting to that many babies, especially Phoebe lol. Speaking of babies, Noah and Brigit's kids are gonna look very adorable, but I guess I'll have to wait before they're ready...

    Trent dying feels very sudden and unexpected...the last update got me worried for a bit, but the worst just had to happen. Knowing he could have lived on for 7 or 8 years was somewhat reassuring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phoebe's gonna struggle, lol! I think I will need the most adjusting though - it's been a long time since I've cared for that many babies. I did once have a family - pre-Sullivan - who ended up with sextuplets but that was over a decade ago now.

      I'm very keen to see Noah and Brigit's babies. I think they both have such sweet faces, so their babies will have to be adorable, right?

      I kind of wish I'd thought to resurrect poor old Trent now but oh well. What's done is done. It had been a while since I had a death from anything other than old age, so it was probably due.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Oh, wow! Triplets! I know that's a surprise and I'm sure even more of a surprise with a pregnancy 9 years after her first one. I wonder how jealous Phoebe might be when those babies come and get most of the attention?

    It's good that Brigit can focus on her studies right now instead of trying to focus on those and a baby at the same time. Once the studies are done, she and Noah can try to have the family they want without so much distraction as they have now!

    Poor Trent and his family. :( But I can understand why you let him go. I would be so frustrated to exit without saving after working so long on the house! Sometimes you have to let the game do what it does even if you don't want it and just deal with it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shana, sorry I took so long to approve your first comment! My notifications are coming in all screwed up lately!

      Delete
  6. Matilda's expression about Phoebe's party is priceless! With Phoebe being the first born and spoiled she might be in for reality check once her new sibling is born.

    Piper is very cute and Brigit has another one of the way, she is going to have handful with two very little ones to take care of.

    Wow what a dilemma, stop your sim from dying or scrap the decorating? Hmmm. To be honest I would have chosen the decorating too, lol! It's always such a pain to redecorate and then for example if your game crashed and you have to start all over again. Sad to see Trent go though. It was nice seeing him through the years and reflecting on his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I wanted a more subtle face for Matilda but then I thought "no, she's pregnant with triplets and this child is trying her limited patience - this works!"

      I think you might have got a bit confused with my update on Noah and Brigit? Piper is Sophie and Oliver's daughter, not Brigit's. Brigit doesn't have any kids yet and as much as she'd like a baby right now, she's not pregnant yet. Sophie isn't having another yet either (but I'm keen to change that, lol).

      I love how heartless we all are when decorating is at stake! I have certainly crashed and lost decorating often enough but I think this is the first time a sim has died in the middle of my decorating! Something new every time with this game! But you know...RIP Trent!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  7. Poor Trent! But he had a long and happy life and well, I probably would have chosen the decorations for survival as well LOL.

    Wow, triplets! At her age it can't be too easy for her but at least she has a supportive husband to help her. I can't wait to see what they get :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think if Trent had been younger or I still had goals I wanted him to accomplish, it would have been a harder choice! But as you say, he had a long happy life. :)

      I cannot imagine triplets would be easy at any age but definitely harder at 40, I'm sure. Ever since my reply to Maisie, I've been hoping for all girls...but we'll have to wait and see! It's certainly motivation to keep playing!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  8. Aww... RIP Trent!

    It's hilarious to me that Matilda and Miles are having triplets when they thought Phoebe would be an only child. Miss Phoebe is definitely in for a rude awakening, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Miles and Matilda decided they wanted another...and look what happened! Phoebe will need to prepare herself for a whole lot less attention, lol!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete