Sunday 29 December 2019

You say it's your birthday, June 2046

Round 37: June 2046 (Winter)


Daniel Halmi is 39 this month and with money being as tight as it is, he isn’t expecting or wanting much in the way of gifts. 


Really, he’s mostly just happy that baby son Jeremy is home with them. Daniel and Susannah have been very careful not to expose his immune system to too much too soon but they have relaxed a little bit now.

Jeremy has received great reports at all of his medical check-ups, so it’s hopeful that he won’t have too many long-term problems resulting from his early arrival.

They’ve had lots of help from nearby family and 12-year-old Zac has been doing what he can for his younger brother too. 

**********


June has also brought with it Ione Moretti’s 50th birthday. Ione has friends who are dreading the big 5-0 but she doesn’t think it’s so bad. 

She’s very happy with her life. She loves her husband and her kids, her grown-up kids all have partners she loves almost as much and she’s finally running her dream business.



She and Evan decide on a family-only celebration at home on Saturday afternoon. They call it small…but with 5 kids, plus partners, their gatherings are never what most people would call small!

**********


Adelaide moved in with her long-time boyfriend Sebastian about six months ago. 

Sebastian learnt to cook for himself pretty quickly when he lived alone but having Adelaide around to do minor household repairs has proved to be pretty useful.

Given Sebastian and Oliver lived in this house for so long before Adelaide moved in, she didn’t waste any time talking to Sebastian about some changes she wanted to make the place feel more like theirs, rather than just his. 

Sebastian is pretty easygoing, so he lets Adelaide go wild. Her first purchase is a hot tub, which they’ve been making frequent use of lately.

They have the same two days off in the middle of the week, so they get to spend a lot of time together, despite Sebastian’s late working hours.

They can’t agree on marriage - Sebastian wants to go ahead and do it, while Adelaide is hesitant - but they have decided they want to start a family. 

After saving up a bit more money, Sebastian and Adelaide have agreed to start trying for a baby next year. By this time next year, hopefully Adelaide will be pregnant!

Other June birthdays:
Mason Novak turns 4
Thomas Moretti turns 15
Felix Lane turns 15
Charlotte Lane turns 17
Ruby Lane turns 19
Austin and Lauren Carmody turn 25
Chris Draper turns 31
Chloe Hamilton turns 35
Dominic Lachance turns 26
Finn Romilly turns 45
Asha Lane turns 49
Lia Nott turns 49
Zelda Benton turns 71

June wedding anniversaries:
Gordon and Lia Nott - 23 years
Jesse and Abigail Carmody - 31 years

Notes:

  • Hope you've all had a lovely holiday season so far! I will probably not get another update out before the New Year (though I have started on it), so happy new year to you all as well!
  • This update was supposed to have a mini-update on Zaria, Max and Kit but honestly, NOTHING was happening in that household! But next month will be Josh and Jessica's birthdays, so I'll do a little joint celebration for them at their folks' house.
  • I'm letting Adelaide and Sebastian start a family because they've reached my criteria. I need either baby wants or autonomous TFB three times. They are still on InTeen BC but I'll take them off it next time I play them. Given Adelaide is not even 30 yet, I don't expect it will take them too long but we'll see. :) I definitely wasn't expecting them to want to start a family so quickly after moving in but then again, they've been together for 14 years now!

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well, Carla!

    I've been meaning to ask you about TFB and BC. Is Inteen BC the same as the BC setting in ACR? I've seen you mention in the past that your Sims are on BC, but you can see they are trying for baby. What does that mean? I think I'm missing something, because the only ones I see trying are the ones I haven't put on BC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I figured it out. Somehow, I overlooked that Inteen had birth control in addition to ACR. I like your rule of the three tries, and I will borrow it. I'm getting very frustrated that my Sims aren't rolling baby wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, ACR and Inteen each have their own birth control options. Maisie gave me the idea to use the Inteen one, as sims can still autonomously try for a baby with it. The pop-up will tell you they're trying but the BC means they're unlikely to be successful. It's a good way to figure out whether your sims are ready for a kid!

      And yeah, non-Family sims almost never roll baby wants, at least in my game. I think Malcolm Novak rolled one and that might be the only time I can remember it happening. It's frustrating to me too, because I don't think you necessarily have to be the kind of person who wants 10 kids and 20 grandkids to want a baby or two!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. That’s great that Jeremy is testing well and that his parents are able to relax the worries they’ve had.

    I hope Adelaide and Sebastian are able to get the family they want without having to wait too long! Maybe starting a family will help Adelaide decide if she wants to get married. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing Jeremy being premature was as a result of me just not paying attention and not an ROS or a story decision, I'm not sure I want to write in any health/developmental problems for him. I haven't ruled it out but for now, I'm thinking he might just be smaller than average. We'll see. :)

      Adelaide is a Pleasure sim and in my experience, they are the least likely to roll marriage wants or even specific romantic wants! I will often just push them together anyway but with Adelaide, I can see her maybe just not being interested in marriage, so I might wait it out and see what happens.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I'm not surprised Adelaide is planning on a baby and not so much a marriage. It is hard to get pleasure sims to roll that marriage want for sure, and I can see her enjoying their relationship the way it is. They've been together for such a long period of time, that a wedding might not seem like such a big deal, or it could feel like a jinx. I'm hesitantly excited for them, they've exceeded my expectations for them.

    Glad that baby Jeremy is home and doing well. Zac seems like such a good big brother! I really liked seeing him with baby Jeremy.

    Ione seems to have an abundance of great things in her life right now, and she's worked hard at all of them. She's raised her kids well, made friends with SO's and cultivated her own business. I'm glad she isn't allowing her age to make her feel down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the three Sitko sisters, Adelaide is the one I could mostly easily see taking a less traditional path. I've already decided that any kids they have will have her surname, both because she's the end of the line and because I can see her and Sebastian making a more progressive decision like that.

      Zac is a good kid. He has some experience with babies already, with his sister Penny (Julia and Sam's daughter).

      Ione really has nothing to complain about! She's even over the financial stress she and Evan went through a while back. She's in a very good place and she can recognise that. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Your babies always look so realistic, so small and cute and a bit fragile. Jeremy is the sweetest and I love the shots of each of the family having a hold/cuddle. Glad that he is doing okay. <3

    Ione looks great for 50, she should be happy! Wonderful that she spent her birthday with family.

    Adelaide and Sebastian, wow so they've been together for quite a long time. Did the the decision to have a family finally prompt them to move in together?

    Happy new year to you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's a combination of my default skins, plus the hair and clothing mods! So much happier with my babies since I started using those.

      If only we could all look as good at 50 as Ione, right? I won't be upset if I do!

      The decision to start a family seemed to be prompted the move, actually, so the other way around! I had never seen them try for a baby before now, which was the first session where I played them in their new house. So we'll see how it goes for them. :) I'm quite excited!

      Hope you're well away from the fires in your state!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete