Saturday 1 June 2019

Wallflower

Round 37: March 2046 (Autumn)

Matthew and Simon Lane are 21, Aurora and Bianca Moretti are 20 and Gabriel Nott is 19. 
(Brendan is 23, Sylvia and Ruby are 19)


Narrated by Bianca Moretti


I don’t know how Gabriel manages to do so much writing and still maintain a 4.0 GPA, but here we are.


And he’s doing so well with his writing too! He’s had several short stories published in our university newspaper and he’s looking into submitting something to a traditional publisher soon.

I’m a bit jealous of how he’s breezing through his studies with a side job that takes up so much of his time but I’m super proud of him as well.

I’m just about halfway through my degree now and the workload and expectations have increased by a lot.

It’s really hard but I’m also kind of enjoying it. This is the first year we’re getting to do anything practical - last year, it was all theory and any design I was doing was just for my own benefit. Now I have to actually submit a final project each semester.

This semester, it’s men’s wear. I don’t have much experience with that but I’m doing my best. 

It’s fun making Gabriel model for me, at least.

I don’t think he enjoys it as much as I do but he’s very tolerant!

Ruby is a year behind me, so she’s still taking all the theory classes and is pretty jealous that I’m done with them and getting to do actual design.

She already has all these ideas for her first submission next year. I don’t have the heart to tell her that she’ll probably be tired of those ideas by the time she needs to submit something. 

Ruby and I did hang out a bit in high school, always with Aurora and Ramona there too but we’ve never really hung out one on one before.

It’s nice to have someone to talk about design with, without worrying that I’m boring them.

We’re very different though and outside of design, we don’t have all that much in common!

I don’t have much to add when Ruby starts talking about trying to pick up guys at the uni bar. That’s never been something I’ve tried to do.

Equally though, she can’t believe I’ve been with Gabriel for so long and have no desire to look elsewhere. 

Now that Aurora is with Brendan, Gabriel and I have gone out on a couple of double dates with them.

Aurora and I always wanted to do a double date but Matthew never really wanted to. Then she was single for a good while, so it hasn’t been until now that we’ve been able to. 

Aurora really dodged a bullet with Matthew. Brendan is a much better match for her anyway.

Matthew is in the same dorm as us and Aurora just avoids him, which isn’t too difficult. He’s either picking a fight with someone in the dorm or hanging out with his new girlfriend, Lexie. 

Although she was the one he was cheating on Alice with, so I guess she’s not that new. 

I’m not sure how long that will last, as I’ve seen him flirting with a different girl in our dorm as well. 

Aurora avoids both the Lane twins on principle but I’m still friendly with Simon. Gabriel was a little jealous last year but he knows that there’s really nothing more than friendship between us now. 

It probably helps that Gabriel has actually buddied up with Simon this year too.

Gabriel’s unusually concerned about Simon’s grades, which I find pretty funny.

Simon is a solid C student and totally fine with it, which Gabriel doesn’t get. Simon’s just more interested in his guitar and his girlfriend, basically. 

Simon is in his final year now and his attitude seems to be working for him, so I don’t think we’ll see any changes now.

Notes:
  • Title is from Wallflower by Woolworthy.
  • I am so excited to finally get this out! I know it's been forever and some of you probably assumed I'd abandoned Sullivan. I still love it as much as I ever did but over the past few months, there weren't many opportunities where I had both the time and the motivation to devote to the blog. Hopefully, I can turn that around now and the next update will be out with a slightly smaller gap in between!
  • Matthew actually has four girls on the go in this dorm, two of whom I don't remember him interacting with before. So that's interesting. He's a Family sim...but Family sims go absolutely insane with ACR when they're single, so I'm guessing that contributes to it a lot. 
  • Simon, on the other hand, just makes friends with everyone, in contradiction with his one whole nice point!
  • Grades: Matthew, Gabriel and Bianca all have 4.0s, Aurora raised her GPA to 3.6, while Simon's is a measly 3.1. Troy Clarke remains my worst student to still graduate, with his 2.9 GPA!

14 comments:

  1. It's great to see your sims again and even though I didn't think you were abandoning Sullivan, I'm glad to see a post :-) It's funny that Simon makes friends with everyone without nice points. I guess his funny and charming traits make up for it and pleasure sims can be quite agreeable in my experience.

    Single family sims can be so fickle on ACR! I remember having them live in a rental rather than a dorm and using Friend Zone a lot. But also I think I tended to match my family sims up very quickly so they usually weren't single in college long.

    Gabriel is quite an impressive student and writer! And it was fun to see Aurora involved in fashion design and making him try on a suit. And he and Simon are friends so I guess his sister being Simon's ex isn't an issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually looking at what sorts of traits I should add to Simon to reflect the way he acts when I play him, now that I'm using that traits system! I think Good Sense of Humour is an option that will work for Funny. I'm not sure if Charming is but there's probably Charismatic or something? It's just interesting that he's always acted like that, even without those traits!

      I remember way back in early Sullivan, Sacha Lachance was my first example of a family sim who just couldn't keep it in his pants! Then again, he was married (and did not initially have a Romance secondary - I added that as a result of his behaviour!), so it's not really the same as what's going on with Matthew, lol! Maybe Matthew's not so terrible? Ha! My family sims are usually matched up fairly early on too but Matthew has been an exception. It's taking me a while to figure out who would be a good match for him.

      I've got two budding writers right now and I think Gabriel is going to be the more successful one. He's a lot more confident than Xavier is and he's also not trying to complete law school at the same time! But he's the youngest writer I've ever had, so I'm sort of keen to see how high his royalties get. Zelda is also a writer but she came to it much later in life and I think her highest royalties have been $4100 or so? Curious how much you can actually get!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Wow Matthew is getting around huh? Yikes! I see a lot of dorm fights in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I am never without dorm fights in this dorm! It's very weird. It's usually a dormie making trouble but it happens to be Matthew this time around. This was his last session at uni but I guarantee someone else will move in and start fights now!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Heh, I like this round, it feels very much like my uni rounds in my game. I wonder how much trouble Matthew is getting himself into in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny how much we bloggers love uni, when it's so derided in the general community (and yet everyone's mad for its arrival in Sims 4?) I thought I was alone in my love for uni before I started talking to other bloggers! How could you not love all the insanity that crops up with dorm living, lol?

      I have no idea what's in store for Matthew in the future! I'm a bit scared, honestly!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad to see Bianca and Gabriel, and Aurora and Brendan, still going strong. They are both among my favorite couples of yours, so it's very satisfying to see that they've befriended each other. :)

    Whoa, four! Bad boy, Matthew! I never would have guessed that he was a family sim. But I do remember some of my family sims going a bit wild when they were single. It's like they gotta try out every type of relationship and find the absolute right one before they settle down for life, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't not love Gabriel and Bianca! They got themselves together really early, with three bolts. I would never have expected it, because I had actually incorrectly noted in Scrivener that ACR had assigned Gabriel as gay! I like the couples that take me by surprise. And Aurora and Brendan just seem perfect for each other. <3

      Yeah, four girls, two of whom I don't even remember him interacting with, let alone falling in love with! He can have his fun now that he's single, I guess? I thought he was dating Lexie but I apparently never made that official, so he doesn't know about it, I suppose!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Aurora and Brendan are adorable together, I'm super excited to see both sisters with such good men. Bianca and Gabriel are super sweet, they've been together much longer than I had originally expected, so I'm glad they've made it work. I really love his expression when he's trying on the suit.

    Matthew is living some wild days it seems. Makes me think of those older Dad's, and when they talk about to the "good old days" assuming he will settle down eventually with his family nature.

    It's real good to see an update from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was real good to get an update out! I feel like it's already been too long between this one and the next but I want to get my uni kids set up with their traits before I play. :)

      I love Aurora and Bianca with their boyfriends. They both basically chose them themselves and I'm pretty proud they chose so well, lol!

      I think Matthew will probably have some stories to tell when he's older and settles down...that his kids will probably cringe over if he ever shares with them! I wish he'd share them with me though! No idea how he ended up with so many love interests!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back and great to see an update! :)

    I laughed at Gabriel being the model for Bianca to test her designs on. It's nice of him to help her out in that department and he looks quite handsome in a suit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabriel is a pretty agreeable sort of guy and Bianca needs a model, so he's happy to serve. All he really has to do is stand there, after all!

      Thanks for reading and commenting! Sorry this reply is so late!

      Delete
  7. I know all about late entries. It does feel great to get back into the swing of things.

    Matthew is just a mess. Life has a funny way of showing us that it is better to stay away from people who we once thought fondly of.

    I get a little jealous of people like Gabriel. When I was in school, people like him always made me feel so lazy, despite doing a large amount of work myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And look how I late I am with the next one already! Not to mention this reply (which I apologise for!)

      Matthew is an interesting one. I hope he settles down a little once there isn't so much temptation walking in front of him in the dorms all day!

      Man, you and me both! I really was not a great student - really, really average - but I was always jealous of people who had the motivation to work really hard and were really driven to get the best grades they could. I could have done a lot better than I did if I had that same drive!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete