Saturday 9 February 2019

You say it's your birthday, March 2046

Round 37: March 2046 (Autumn)



She’s little but she’s already very loud!

When she’s not yelling at the top of her lungs or tearing around the house, she’s attempting to make friends with the family dog, Diesel. He’s not quite as enthusiastic as she is!

**********
Alice Jacobson turns 20 this month and wasn’t expecting an especially exciting birthday. Since breaking up with Matthew, she’s been very, very single and it gets a bit lonely for her.

But on an outing to the natural history museum in Exeter, she met Adrian Schehl and they hit off right away.

They’re both nerdy types, so a morning wandering around the museum is a lot of fun for them.

Alice is due in class and Adrian has to head back to work but they make plans to see each other the next night. 

Dinner goes well and the conversation flows as easily as it did at the museum. 

Alice is trying not to get too invested just yet but she really, really likes Adrian!

**********
Miles and Matilda have been “not trying but not preventing” for the past couple of years. They’d both decided another baby would be nice but didn’t want to go to any extreme measures to make it happen. 

They’d mostly stopped thinking about it, figuring their time had passed, but this month, Matilda discovered that she is 5 weeks along. 

Phoebe has grown accustomed to having all of her parents’ attention whenever they’re around and if Miles and Matilda are honest, she’s a little spoiled as a result!

They haven’t told her yet but they’re hoping a baby sibling might complete their family and also teach Phoebe that she can’t always be the centre of everyone’s universe!

**********

Declan Romilly turns 25 this month and girlfriend Jessica is taking him out to dinner to celebrate.

Jessica was promoted recently and is making a lot more money and she’s excited to be able to treat Declan to a meal without worrying about the cost.

They both make a point of ordering two of the more expensive dishes on the menu, seeing it’s a special occasion.

Being a foodie, Jessica is glad she’s not dating a picky eater. Declan will eat just about anything!

Now that they’re both officially in their mid 20s, Declan and Jessica are starting to talk about moving their relationship forward. 

They do want to get married eventually but are thinking they might try to get a place together first and marry once that’s all set up. 

Neither one is in a real rush to figure it out but they both feel happy that they’re on the same page.

Other March birthdays:
Penny Whitney turns 2
Everett and Grace Benton turn 16
Brendan Lachance turns 23
Audrey Benton turns 34
Julia Whitney turns 34
Nathan Collins turns 36
Sarah Moretti turns 41
Miles Jacobson turns 43
Joanna Draper turns 51
Virginia Jacobson turns 54
Cara Moretti turns 57

Kit Royce turns 86

March wedding anniversaries:
Max Nihill and Zaria Royce-Nihill - 24 years
Eliot and Cordy Lane - 31 years

Tate and Zelda Benton - 47 years

Upcoming babies:
Sophie Gentry - due April 2046
Matilda Jacobson - due December 2046

Comparison pics:
Caroline...

Dad Malcolm....

...and mum Hope. 

So Caroline is basically Malcolm all over, with Hope's eyes and her great-great-grandmother's blonde hair! Kind of annoyed neither Mason or Caroline look remotely like Hope, lol!

Notes:
  • Jessica and Declan both have marriage wants and have for ages. I see them as the kind of couple who know exactly where they’re going but want all their ducks in a row before they even think about going there. 
  • It’s very rare that I will visit a playable NPC during birthdays but I’ve done it twice in one update here! But I figured you guys would always want to know about new babies and new couples, so I popped them in. :) 
  • You may remember Adrian as Georgina’s ex-boyfriend. I always liked him, so if I can marry him in as a playable NPC and give him a very boring but happy life (which is what the majority of my playable NPCs get!), I’ll be pleased. :D Anyway, he’s technically still a student but in my head, he graduated when Georgina did and is now working. 
  • I don’t believe all only children are spoiled but because Phoebe is fairly low in nice points, I’m going with it for her. It fits! We’ll see if Baby Jacobson #2 changes anything!

10 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see another Sullivan post. I know, Hope has such great genes! But Caroline is adorable! Are Miles and Matilda playable NPCs? They and Phoebe are so cute. It’s nice if it can work out for Georgina’s and Matthew’s exes to be happy together. This Is Shannon but I am on my phone and signing in doesn’t seem to be working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realised I should have checked Caroline's freckle genes - she may have inherited more from Hope than I thought!

      Miles and Matilda used to be playables but they're now playable NPCs. I have too many families to play without letting sims who should have been playable NPCs all along become playable! My playable NPCs lead pretty chill lives, so really, they should be relieved, lol!

      I would love to keep Alice and Adrian together. Things look good, unless one of my playables takes a liking to either...which I also wouldn't mind all that much. :)

      I don't know if it was what you wanted to sign into but you're signed into something!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Alice and Adrian are so cute together and I love that both their names start with an A. lol Looks like a blossoming romance happening there! ;)

    Congrats to Miles and Matilda, a new bub on the way is always exciting! Hopefully once the baby arrive Phoebe doesn't get too annoyed about not being the centre of attention, maybe she will surprise her parents.

    Sounds like Declan and Jessica have it all planned out. Makes sense for them to get a place first before getting married, though I guess it depends on their cash flow too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be very tempting to marry off Alice and Adrian and continue the A theme with their kids...but they're both relatively serious sims and I think that would probably be a bit too whimsical for them!

      I'm keen to see this new Jacobson spawn. Kind of hoping for a kid who looks like Matilda this time. I think Phoebe is mostly her father's child.

      Declan and Jessica will likely have to start out renting, unless I'm forgetting some sort of chunk of savings one or both may have! But it might be an opportunity for me to test out Starr's (Apple Valley) financial system again - they could probably get a loan and get at least a nice little starter. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I didn't expect Matilda and Miles to have another, very exciting! I'm curious how Phoebe will take the news.

    Caroline is adorable, but I was a bit sad to not see more of Hope in her, she's such a pretty sim!

    It's nice to see Alice finding some love. They make a cute couple for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't expecting it either! I honestly thought they'd need intervention if I really wanted it to happen. And I did really want it to happen but promised myself I wouldn't help them along. And then I didn't have to. :)

      I'm hoping we see a bit more Hope in Caroline's face as she gets older but looking at her picture compared to Malcolm's, I don't like our chances! She literally looks like Malcolm in a blonde wig!

      Looking forward to popping in on Alice and Adrian every now and then, to see how they're going. Adrian will probably appear in the next uni update, although I can't say how much as it's not the one I'm currently playing through.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Yay moar babies. :)

    Also happy to see Alice getting her groove on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always thrilled to see more babies and more couples in my hood!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. I love the museum, and from a personal point of view that would be the most exciting thing, finding someone special at a museum!

    Caroline is almost a perfect blend of her parents. Where did her blonde hair come from? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be a pretty cool meet-cute in real life, meeting while strolling around a museum!

      Caroline's blonde hair is from waaaaay back! Her most recent ancestor with blonde hair was her great-great-grandmother Petra, who was one of my founding sims (she was a toddler at the time though).

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete