Thursday 19 July 2018

You say it's your birthday, November 2045

Round 37: November 2045 (Spring)


8 months in and Caroline Novak is finally growing some hair. Thick blonde hair, which hasn’t been seen in the family since Malcolm’s great-grandmother. 


Hope was starting to worry Caroline’s hair would never come in, so she’s not particularly fussed about the colour.

Shortly before Caroline was born, Malcolm, Hope and Mason bought a new house with Malcolm’s parents, Naomi and Owen and they’ve been living all together ever since.

Hope has never had any particular issue with her in-laws but she’d also never lived with them before, so she had her reservations. When you’re in close quarters with someone, things can get tense.

Owen was always going to be fine, being so laid back that he’s almost horizontal.

Naomi is considerably less so, a bit like Hope herself. Hope couldn’t say she wasn’t a little worried there.

But so far, so good. There haven’t been any big clashes between Hope and Naomi. For the most part, they’ve been getting along very well.

And having recently retired Owen around is very convenient. It’s nice to have an extra pair of hands available to babysit at a moment’s notice. Previously, if Hope’s dad Emil couldn’t watch the kids, they were left scrambling to find somebody. 

As a bonus, he’s great with the kids and Mason in particular adores him. 

Hope thinks it’s going so well that she’s floated the idea of a third child with Malcolm. There’s even an empty room in the house that would be perfect for another bedroom. 

Malcolm isn’t really sold on trying for number 3, at least yet. 

He’s been imagining the day when he no longer has to deal with dirty nappies and all the other not-so-nice parts of parenting little ones and isn’t especially keen to start all over.

Hope can be very persuasive when she wants to be though and Caroline is still young, so the matter is far from decided.

**********

Susannah Halmi and her family still have a huge mortgage to pay off but she tries not to let it worry her too much. Her main priority at the moment is the baby, due in March.

She and Daniel are doing everything they can to chip away at their debt, not spending much money at all on anything but essentials and taking on extra paid work wherever they can. It’s going to be very tight for a while but Susannah is confident they’ll come out of it okay. 

**********

Twins Oscar and Stella were born at home. It wasn’t Leslie’s first choice for a birthing venue, so she’s very happy to be in a hospital this time around.

Dominic is happy too. Having experienced a late term loss between the twins and this new baby, he doesn’t want to take any risks that they don’t need to.

Dr Moretti is a great reassurance through the labour, which goes about as smoothly as one could hope.

And at the end of it all, it’s another son for Leslie and Dominic!

Gavin Anders has his father’s complexion and eye colour and his mother’s brown hair. 

November marks Leslie and Dominic’s 10th wedding anniversary and Gavin is a lovely extra way to celebrate the occasion. 

November birthdays:
Eliza Benton turns 3
Patrick Ashton turns 9
Ryan Moretti turns 13
Jacinta Nihill turns 15
Gabriel Nott turns 19
Mitchell Carmody turns 26
Oliver and Sebastian Gentry turn 29
Camilla Benton and Lila Novak turn 32
Charlie Benton turns 33
Ethan Novak turns 39
Aaron Clarke turns 42
Nick Moretti turns 42

November wedding anniversaries:
Sam and Julia Whitney - 3 years
James and Madelyn Novak - 33 years

Notes:
  • Super quick update on Susannah and Daniel but we'll be visiting them for a proper update right after Josh and Elspeth's wedding (which is up next).
  • Hope has a baby want and has had one since not long after Caroline was born. I'm waiting to see if Malcolm rolls one too before I let them try. If I took them off InTeen BC, they'd likely be expecting already, 
  • Oscar and Stella were born at home because they were born in that in between period, where I'd started Sullivan 1.0 but didn't have a hospital yet. I don't remember having to do too many home births but I must have done, because I didn't start on the hospital until at least a few months in. But anyway, glad I could do this one the way I prefer!
  • Testing out some of the other birthing poses I have in this update. I'm not crazy about the default arm poses but there also aren't many in my parts posing boxes that work...so I'm not sure if I'll use the sitting poses again. I might have to experiment a bit. 

6 comments:

  1. So nice to see Caroline and Hope well and happy. And that's great that they can live with Naomi & Owen and it's working out well. I look forward to Susannah's update and to Josh & Elspeth's wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great for me too! Raising a toddler and a baby with four adults in the house is a piece of cake. ;)

      Josh and Elspeth's wedding is up now and I'm hoping to play Susannah and her family sometime in the next couple of days. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Yay for Leslie and Dominc, I'm looking forward to seeing little Gavin grow. Very sweet that Caroline has the blond hair, and I love that Hope is happy and wanting another baby. They've come along way and have such a darling family. I'm pretty sure Hope is used to getting her way, I'd be shocked if they didn't have a third one day! Although I can appreciate spreading them out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing if I feel less weird about the name Gavin as he grows up! I'm having some minor name regret, as it seems like such an adult name! I think he'll be pretty cute though, if his big brother and sister are anything to go by.

      Hope must be really keen for another baby! My sims don't normally roll baby wants until their current baby ages to toddler but Hope is already raring to go. I can imagine her possibly talking Malcolm into another but I guess we'll see how it all goes for them. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I'm so behind on posting comments! I like the new poses and noticed them right off the bat. It also made me wonder if you were going to try the backwards delivery pose next (when the mother is on her hands and knees and delivers the baby). I forgot Susanna was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was behind on replying until this past weekend, so no worries! I wasn't getting notifications on new comments for the past two months and realised I had several waiting for me!

      Ha, I have heard of the backwards delivery pose but no, probably not! I've never seen that one for the sims, lol!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete