Friday 16 June 2017

Lot tour: Hubris Games

I've had Hubris Games (named after Hubris Comics, from the Fallout series) sitting around my hood for more than six months now. I started it, went full bore for a while and then lost steam for months. Last night, I had a sudden flash of motivation and decided to finish it. 

I'm intending this as a career lot for both the Gaming and the Game Development careers, so both Troy and Elspeth will work here. It's inspired by the Life Invader offices in GTA5, as well as various photos I've seen of Facebook and Google offices over the world. I still want to add/fix up a bit of the deco and I may turn the roof into *something* but for all intents and purposes, it's done. 


So here is the exterior. It was originally three storeys but I brought it down to two, because having all that space to fill was part of what made me lose steam with it to begin with. 





Reception area, with lounge. 






Employee gym and locker room. 


Another little lounge area. 

Balcony, where employees can enjoy a coffee, snack or play some darts. 



The actual office part. I was going to have a separate office for the boss (who doesn't actually exist in my game anyway, as Elspeth and Troy are both pretty low-level) but I decided to make it all open plan. Hubris Games is a modern company. It would be a nightmare for me but hey, I don't have to work there!

This is one of the rooms I want to add some deco too. I may add some blinds. But I also feel like I need some cool stuff hanging from the ceiling. I'm just not sure what yet. Suggestions welcome!




The conference room. This is a place where I need to fix up the deco. The periodic table of the elements is obviously not ideal! The board on the other side can stay for now, because the writing is too small for me to read anyway. ;) I'm on the lookout for more appropriate recolours of 2 Dogs and an Olive to use in its place. 


And finally, the kitchen. I had completely neglected to add it until the last minute but I like how it came out, plain as it is. 

Hope to have a story update out for you soon. :)

13 comments:

  1. I love lot tours!!! And this is a cool tech company for your game designer sims. The chain link wallpaper in the reception area looks perfect and I really like that extensive black and white diagram in the conference room. Elspeth and Troy are going to be fun to see at work here, and fun to play. By the way, the hood deco building with the balconies with railings shows up great, very detailed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wallpaper was one of the first things I put down! I've been looking for a good excuse to use it. I have since found out that the diagram on the whiteboard in the conference room is actually of biochemical pathways. LOL. So totally inappropriate for this lot but I may leave it anyway, seeing it's impossible to read. But I have some ideas for what else I might use too, so it could change.

      That's my favourite EA hood deco. It lights up at night too. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I love lot tours, too!
    I am not sure about the chequered floor in the open plan office; if I worked there, I would want something a bit more restful for the eye.
    The conference room is great, and I'm sure you will find something to replace the periodic table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! I'm not really looking for suggestions on anything other than possible hanging deco for the office. I like the carpet, so it will be staying. As for the periodic table, I'm checking out a couple of graffiti makers online to see if I can possibly create a logo for Hubris Games. Hubris Comics in Fallout 4 has a graffiti-style sign out front, so I want to do something similar as another little nod to that game.

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I love lot tours also!

    This is really nice! It's much better than anything that I could do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you guys all enjoy the lot tours! I used to be a pretty terrible decorator and am still not a fantastic builder but blogging really made me start putting more effort in, knowing people were going to be looking at my dull lots! 99% of it, at least for me, is nice CC and having the patience to fiddle with things until it all looks right. :) Which is a process I'm still continuing with for this lot.

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Lot tours are my secret kryptonite lmao. I never decorate my own sims lots but I love seeing the way others do.

    Anyway, I've got a quick question I hope you don't mind answering? I'm currently in the process of catching up on Sullivan (I am very, very far behind :P) and I'm curious as to how you control so many sims during parties/weddings? I use ControlSim, but it only allows one non household member to be controlled at a time. I don't know of any mod that could temporarily move in sims but not affect their own houses when I go to play them. I feel like i'm rambling but I hope you get the gist of my dilemma lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm truly glad I can entertain with my lot tours. :) I hope you're enjoying catching up on my sims too.

      I'm always willing to answer polite questions, so don't hesitate to ask. :) I use Insimenator to take control of my sims. You can take control of as many sims you like and unlike other mods that let you take control of visitor sims, you are almost totally unrestricted in what you can do with them while you've got them selected. Basically any time I have a visitor on a lot, I've got them selected!

      It's unsupported these days but I've been using it for the entire time I've had Sullivan (almost nine years now) and haven't had a single issue with it. It's a very big mod that does a lot more than make sims selectable but I use many of the features, so it works for me. It's very convenient, because I don't have to keep it on my lot all the time. I can just spawn off the module I need and delete it, all without entering buy mode.

      There is a lot of great information about it on the MTS Wiki and they also have a link to where you can download it.

      http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=InSimenator

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. This lot is fantastic! The bold bright patterns and colors really make a playful statement and give a high-energy atmosphere. The exterior and the lobby are two of my favorites, lots of great views through the windows, and the lobby is very welcoming and far from dull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lobby was the first part I did and I'm still really happy with it. I've made only a couple of tiny changes since then.

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  6. This looks awesome and very modern, great job!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very impressive setup! The colors are great. Looks like a great place to nurture creativity and innovation. Lucky sims who get to work here!

    I have been itching to build a gaming/tech workplace for my sims, but I need to encourage one of them to own it first. Silly rules are such a bummer, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! I'm thinking it'd be a good work place if I ever add that IT career to my game too. It'd be nice if it wasn't just Troy and Elspeth all by themselves, lol.

      Ha, is this a self-inflicted rule? I have plenty of those!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete