Friday 20 January 2017

You say it's your birthday, April 2044

Round 36: April 2044 (Autumn)


Last month, the Lachances had some sad news, with Dominic and Leslie losing their baby at seven months’ gestation. This month, the family gets some happy news, as Edward and Lucy head to the hospital for an ultrasound.

Much to everyone’s surprise, Dr. Moretti very clearly sees not one but two babies!

Edward and Lucy are understandably a little taken aback by the news but also very excited. 

The Lachance twins are due in November 2044.

Keira Romilly is turns 13 this month and is finally an official teenager!

The chocolate cake at home was lovely but Keira is slightly more excited about getting her first kiss a few days later, from Felix Lane.

Their first attempt is rather awkward…

…but they manage to laugh it off and agree to go out on a date, now that Keira is allowed to. 

Other birthdays this month:
Zoe Benton turns 2
Peter Nott turns 7
Noah Gottlieb turns 26
Elspeth Romilly turns 30
Hope Novak turns 33
Rebecca Collins turns 35
Anna Collins turns 66

April wedding anniversaries:
Jack and Audrey Benton - 4 years
Lake and Kendal Draper - 30 years
Anna and Emil Collins - 37 years

Notes:

  • Lucy and Edward's twins are totally natural. No cheesecake, no random rolls on my part - the twins showed up as soon as she got pregnant. Pretty exciting! 
  • Keira and Felix...well, that happened all on its own. Fine with me, as I feel like teen romance has been mostly absent in Sullivan of late. I have a big gender imbalance with the older teens but these younger ones might bring me some drama!

12 comments:

  1. So cute that Keira and Felix did that nose-bumping kiss (don't remember it's name). Such bad news about Dominic and Leslie. But twins, that will be exciting. How long's it been since a sim in Sullivan has had twins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the Suck Face kiss. ;( The actual kiss is a bit advanced for 13-year-olds but the nose bump part is pretty perfect for two bumbling teens.

      The last twins born in Sullivan were actually just at the beginning of this game year - Byron and Noel Collins. But they were as a result of the twin roll; Rebecca's dad is a twin, so the roll gives her a higher chance of having multiples herself. I'm pretty sure my last natural twins were Everett and Grace Benton, who are now 14.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Congrats to Edward & Lucy! Here's hoping that everything goes well this time. Keira is a real cutie and I bet they'll have fun on their date. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I have a miscarriage in the game, I take insanely good care of my other pregnant sims! So hopefully, Edward and Lucy's little one is safe. I'm loving Keira as a teen. :)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. Exciting for Edward and Lucy, but I bet it will feel bittersweet for Dominic and Leslie when they hear the news. :\

    OMG, Keira was pretty hot on getting that first kiss! I can't say that I've ever had a sim work that fast upon becoming a teenager, and I thought my Ryanne was pretty damn fast! Even she waited longer than one update, lol! :D I bet Keira will be fun to play as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this pregnancy is going to be a bit rough on Dominic and Leslie. He has a birthday coming up in June and I've made a note to check in on them then, so we can see how they're doing.

      Well, Keira's a year into her teen stage now and this was her second session as a teen. She spent the first one mostly playing guitar and hanging out with Daphne! But really, I'm glad when any of my teens wait longer than Patience, who jumped into bed with Jacob at 12! Yikes! I'm much more careful with ACR for my young teens now, lol!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I see! So she aged up at 12 then? I had a feeling she'd been a "teen" already, but I think I assumed this was her aging up birthday. Because that would have been super fast for a first kiss! lol!

      Yes, ACR! I actually don't even know if teenagers can auto-woohoo in TS4. I know adults can. I guess I would assume with the way MCCC is set up, that teenagers might too if teen-woohoo is enabled? But man, I guess it's been that long since I played Susie and Reid, lol! The auto-woohoo was introduced with Get Together and I haven't really played my teenagers very often since that point. I can't wait to get back to them again!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, all my teens age up at 12. It just makes sense for me, because my sims also start high school at 12. I don't want kids and teens in the same school.

      EA added auto-woohoo? I'm surprised! That seems rather risque for them, lol! Teens are one of my favourite age groups to play, though my gender imbalance has made it a little less fun in recent years. I want to get some romance happening!

      Delete
  4. Twins! Wow o wow o wow! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was pretty surprised but very excited too!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow twins! That's crazy and exciting! I love when they pop up naturally, especially when they seem to run in families on their own accord! Poor Dominic and Leslie though, two babies for them, and none for them. :( That has to be bittersweet.

    Keira is adorable, and I can see why the kiss ranked higher than her cake! Felix Lane is a cutie!!

    Love your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, natural twins are always fun! No direct family history of it for Edward and Lucy, though Edward's grandmother was a twin and he has twin cousins (Austin and Lauren). But yes, extraordinarily difficult for Dominic and Leslie - I'm going to pop in on them soon, in a birthdays update.

      Heh, I like Felix too, though he's definitely a bit of a brat! He's got his mother's face and his father's personality. ;)

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete