Monday 25 December 2023

I'm alive!

 Merry Christmas everyone!

I thought I'd throw up a quick post today to let you know I'm still here. A friend directed me to a post on Reddit where someone was recommending my blog and they'd added the disclaimer "as far as I know, it's not abandoned".

So that made me think "oops! it probably does look abandoned at this point!". So anyway, Sullivan is not abandoned! I was busy and stressed for a long time and couldn't get up the motivation to play and write an update. And then when I did, the game would crash. When the game crashes for me, I tend to avoid it for a while, because it makes me so frustrated and I don't want to be frustrated again!

I am off work for six weeks now and I really, really hope that I can get out a couple of updates in that time. I won't promise but it's my hope.

And thank you to that Redditor for recommending my blog, if you're reading. I occasionally see nice comments about Sullivan on Reddit and they always make me smile. Reddit can be a bit of a cesspool but r/sims2 is an absolute gem!

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! My blog was essentially dead for five years, so I think yours is fine... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I noticed your recent return and definitely wasn't expecting it after so long. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Yesss, have the best six simming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Gonna load up this morning and see if I can get some play time in!

      Delete
  3. I think that redditor might have been me! Glad to hear you're still part of the community. Don't stress yourself out. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, not work. I think it's totally normal to take long breaks if you have been playing a game for literally two decades. Especially if the game doesn't cooperate. I've read someone referring to it as "a game that doesn't want to be played." And oh boy, can it be a struggle to get that thing running stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought it might have been you!

      Ha, "a game that doesn't want to be played"! How perfect for this game we all love, despite its flaws. Currently, it's not the game giving me trouble but my computer. After a power outage last week, I now have some major problems with my secondary drive, which is my largest and the one I have TS2 installed on. It's backed up and hopefully it still works. But there will be no playing until I either fix the drive (which is looking less and less likely) or buy a new one.

      Thank you for reading for so long!

      Delete