Monday 10 December 2018

Criminal past

Round 37: January 2046 (Summer)

Rob Ashton is 45, Patience is 44, Felicity is 13, Patrick is 10 and Gemma is 5.
(Josie is 44, Iris is 12, Andrew is 10 Elisa is 4)

Narrated by Felicity Ashton


Gemma has got it in her head that our family should have a cat. She’s asked Mum and Dad a few times about adding one to the household. 


After more than one explanation, she’s finally accepted that our dog Scotty wouldn’t be especially thrilled to have a feline friend forced on him.

So now that her cat dreams are over, she’s switched focus to Scotty. She spends most of her time trying to train him to do tricks.

I don’t know if she thinks she can train him to like cats or something but they both seem to be having fun, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

Gemma has made friends with Elisa this year - her family lives right behind us.

Gemma can get a little clingy to me when she’s bored, so I’m happy she has someone else to play with now. 

Elisa idolises Gemma, which I think Gemma loves, being the baby of the family. Gemma is the reason Elisa wears her hair the way she does!

Mum took this summer off work and doesn’t start her next film until March, so Elisa’s parents have been kind of using her as a babysitting service!

Mum always wanted tons of kids though, so she doesn’t really mind having a couple of extras hanging around. 

I’d rather have Elisa hanging around than Andrew, who is just as frequent a visitor. 

I can’t stand Andrew but he’s our cousin, so we’ll never be rid of him. 

Plus, he’s Patrick’s best friend and Aunt Josie is our mum’s best friend. 

Jude is fine but he’s old enough to stay on his own now when Aunt Josie visits, so I mostly only see him at bigger family things.

I’ve been desperate to be allowed to babysit for a while now and this year, my parents finally agreed to let me!

I was hoping to get paid a bit more than what I’m getting but Dad shut that down pretty quickly.

He said babysitting a 10-year-old and a 5-year-old for a couple of hours during the day (I’m not allowed to babysit at night yet) is worth exactly what I’m getting and wasn’t open to negotiation.

But I guess it is a pretty easy job. Patrick and Gemma are both good kids, even without Mum and Dad around. 

I don’t really need to tell them off or anything. We just all do our own thing until our parents get home.

I do really appreciate having a bit of extra cash. I’m starting Grade 8 soon and I want to buy some new clothes for school.

This year, my best friend Iris will be at school with me and we’re both so excited about it.

We drifted apart a bit last year, being at different schools and I’m so glad we’ll be able to hang out more now. 

Iris is actually in the grade below me but our school is so small that we’ll end up having most of our classes together anyway. 

Now that our first day is getting closer and closer, Iris is a little bit nervous. 

She’s got nothing to worry about though, because I’ve promised I’ll be there to show her the ropes. We’re going to have an awesome year!

Notes:
  • Title is from Criminal Past by Motor Ace.
  • Life continues to be a bit crazy here, hence why this is late! I'm trying to get back into a routine with this but haven't been successful so far. 
  • Gemma's desire for a cat (I gave her the Cat Person trait as a result) made me realise I've never actually had a cat and dog in the same household, at least that I can remember. So I have no idea whether they have any animosity towards each other in the game. It might be fun to see how that works out with another family. I don't see Rob and Patience as the types to get a second pet though. 

8 comments:

  1. Rob & Patience's new home looks great- I think there was one other post showing kids at the pool but I don't remember if it was a full update. It was fun getting Felicity's perspective and seeing the food court at the mall, which is very realistic and cool! I also really like her plaid grey pants and sweater.

    Gemma is adorable. Better Patience than me to deny her a cat, ha. It probably depends on the animals' personalities whether they'd get along or not. It was cute seeing Gemma training her dog though. Her friend Iris has an interesting face.

    It's funny that Elisa has the same hairstyle as Gemma and I had just noticed (and what a cute style it was) when you said Elisa looks up to Gemma so much she even wears her hair the same way. I can't remember seeing Elisa; is she a new townie or a playable who lives nearby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the house but it's not new. Just the place they've been living since the rebuild, which is a few rounds in now. :) I did show the kids in the pool in the last Ashton update, so you may be thinking of that one. It gets a lot of use in this house.

      "Interesting" is a good word for Iris's face, lol! I did get used to it while playing her a little during this session but I was a bit dismayed at her weird mouth when I aged her up. Maisie pointed out a couple of her sims who have a similar mouth though, so I'm pretty sure it will hardly even register with me eventually.

      I try not to repeat hairstyles with sims who are so close in age but I thought that was a decent enough explanation! And yes, as you realised, Elisa is Amar and Adrienne Hamilton's daughter and her house is literally behind the Ashtons' place (well, behind and to the right, anyway).

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. So sorry! I checked to see if I'd missed any Sullivan posts (I don't get emails anymore for some reason) and realized I missed the last birthday post. I didn't recognize Elisa Hamilton when I read this post earlier!! After seeing the birthday post though, I can recognize the Hamilton in her face! And also my comment got garbled- Iris is Felicity's friend, not Gemma's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I usually link to the profiles but didn't this time. But yes, Elisa is very much a Hamilton. There may be more Novak in her as she gets older but I can't see much of it yet.

      Delete
  3. Love this family and their gorgeous red hair! Was that genetics or did you tweak the hair colour for some of the kids? It really makes Patience stand out with her blonde hair and I love the short style she wears, it really suits her, she is such a stunning sim.

    A dog and a cat would be an interesting combo. If I remember in TS3 dogs and cats didn't really get along much, or maybe that was just in my game. lol I guess it depends on the traits of each animal though.

    Nice update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no tweaks! The Ashton kids all ended up with their red hair naturally. I am so attached to Patience's hairstyle - I don't know if I'll ever change it, so I guess it's good that it's a fairly versatile one, in terms of ages it would suit.

      I don't think I ever had a cat and a dog together in TS3 either! I really don't experiment enough, apparently.

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Felicity is lucky to get paid at all babysitting siblings, I never had such a thing! They have such a lovely family and home. I love the pool, and I can relate to Patience and a house full of kids. It doesn't bother me ether. I'd have given Gemma a cat, but I'm a sucker for pets. I have a few households with cats and dogs, and I can't recall any issues in TS2, but it's been a long while since I've added that combo to a house to really recall.

    Nice to see the girls hanging at the mall, I've always liked the look of your mall. And it'll be nice having them at the same school. It really does effect relationships when one grows to teen first, Nolan and Wyatt are suffering through it right now, made worse by me changing teen age up to 12, so it's been even longer. I hope things are going well for you this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never paid either! But my parents were not a lawyer and a famous actress - just systems admin and a housewife! Felicity leads a very charmed life, which she may not realise until she has to start paying her own way in the world!

      I like my mall too but I wish more sims would show up there to make it look fuller. I had to teleport a ton in and then wait until they started doing something other than standing around (and some still are, because I'm impatient). That's my wish for all community lots though - I feel like they often seem a bit empty, even though my PC can handle more.

      Poor Wyatt. Catching up with Nolan might end up being a bright spot in his life, which he'd probably appreciate right now!

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete