Sunday 1 June 2014

Lot tour: Adrienne and Amar's house

Another lot tour! I hope to get a story update out mid-week (I'm looking at Wednesday or Thursday) but here's the next house to tide you over until then. I have only five more houses to decorate until I'm completely done with the residential portion of my hood. Of course, one of those is Nick and Sarah's place, which is huge, so I don't know how long that will take!


Adrienne and Amar are living in the same house they lived in back in Sullivan 1.0, which is The Clarice. Layout pics at the link. I haven't changed it at all. 




The entrance. There is a staircase on the other side of the room but the picture I took wasn't too interesting, so I left it out!






The living room. While decorating this place, I realised how few pictures I have of this family! It just shows you how many pics I have for my families are wedding pictures!




The kitchen. I wasn't sure about this in game but I think I really like it now. 


The dining room. Exciting discovery: if you can get everything lined up correctly, you can have dining chairs scoot under the table if you've placed it with setquartertileplacement. That cheat is so handy for centering things and I'm quite thrilled I can use it for dining chairs and desks too now! Dining tables not being in the centre of the room is the bane of my existence!




The bathroom. Another room I wasn't too sure about. I wasn't sold on the green tiles and the teal?/blue-green?/aqua? fixtures but I'm liking it now. There are two other bathrooms - this is just the biggest one.






Beau's nursery. Kind of sad I won't get to play with this too much. He'll be 4 next January birthdays. 




There's not terribly much room in this bedroom for anything, as half of it is filled with a spiral staircase that leads up to...




Adrienne's sewing room! Which she will get to keep even if they have another baby, as there's still one more empty bedroom in this place. I haven't played their proper session yet but being Romance sims, they did still manage a woohoo! It was just a woohoo though, not a try for baby. But they're not allowed birth control, so who knows what will happen when I actually play them?

8 comments:

  1. Nicely decorated and I love the sewing room, what a great idea! Have to agree with you on dining tables not being centered too, at least in smaller rooms anyway. Sometimes I'll put them diagonal if the room is big enough. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wouldn't fancy trying to do a diagonal dining table in TS2! Diagonal objects are very finicky, so I usually only use that cheat for deco. In TS3 though, it can be a good option. :) Glad you like the house!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I hear you about Beau growing up so soon, he is SO cute and his nursery is terrific. Maybe a younger sibling will be able to move in after him?? As I already said, I love Adrienne's sewing room and my sim Laney may be getting a newer model of sewing machine thanks to me seeing hers :-) It is so nice that it is a loft, it has such ambiance for creativity!! Also, the greens through the house turned out really well, I think so too. They are a bold choice but look great. I really like the accent wall in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of feel like I haven't had much time to play Beau, because last time I played him was pre-rebuild. Which was like in 2012! So these latest age-ups are hard for me sometimes, lol! A younger sibling will get a new nursery though. I always redecorate for a new baby.

      I use that sewing machine all the time. Don't know why EA didn't think to give us a modern one! I sort of forget that antique one even exists. I think Adrienne will enjoy her loft. No one has to walk through there to get anywhere else, so she'll have the space to herself.

      I'm glad you like the house but am especially glad to hear the kitchen works! It really grew on me. That is usually the case with those tiles. They are a bold choice, so I've had to get used to them a little each time I've used them so far.

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I have been so curious if they will have another baby by accident or on purpose! I guess I will found out shortly for at least this round. They still have quite a bit before they reach their elder years. Their place is perfect for them, I really like the green that you used, especially in the kitchen, and it totally works in the bathroom with the two colors.

    Beau's room is adorable, and I really like their bedroom and her sewing room is really great. I imagine her making top of the line clothes up there in her studio. The quartertile cheat is the best for sure! I hate off-centered tables, no one does that in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty curious myself! I'm going to try and play them tomorrow, so we'll see. If they don't try, an oopsie is still possible. Maia has a few years over Adrienne, so it was never going to be as likely for her.

      I'm glad you like the house. All the green is Amar. Adrienne's favourite colour is pink but there are only splashes of it here and there. But I let her go crazy with it in her sewing room, because that's just for her anyway. :) Maybe it will boost her creativity to be surrounded by a colour she loves so much!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I was wonder if you would give them the same house they had before, it really fits them!
    I love the colors you've used, especially the green in the kitchen and diningroom, it works really well!
    I like the colors you've used for the pictureframes as well. I hardly ever use them like that, but it works out really well.
    I can see why you weren't too sure about the colors in the bathroom, it takes some time to getting used to them, but they work.
    I love the bedrooms as well, it's sad you won't have the chance to play Beau's nursery that much, but maybe Amar and Adrienne will give you another nursery to decorate. I'm really curious if they will have another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I have the link, I've been trying to get all my sims into the same houses they were in previously (exceptions: Malcolm and Hope, Cara and Caleb and Calvin and Aaron - I grew to hate their houses in Sullivan 1.0, so they got new ones). It makes me feel a little bit less like I lost everything!

      I don't use the coloured mounts very often with those frames either but they add a little something extra when I do, so I'm trying to remember to try them out every now and then. I'm glad all the colours work. I was feeling more adventurous than usual when I was decorating this place!

      We'll have to see about another baby! Who knows what will happen when I play?

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete