Monday 2 March 2009

Women and unicorns

Round 13: Days 61-65
Galen thinks I don't know what he gets up to when I'm at work and Samson's at school. He's hardly discreet, so I don't know why he would assume that. Probably because I've never mentioned it to him.

I've known at least since Sam was a toddler but as long as he seems happy, I don't want to rock the boat. Sam is a very well-adjusted boy - he plays his violin and he brings his little friends home from school. He lives a very normal life. I don't want to do anything to upset that.

And he loves his Dad. I think it would break his heart if we broke up.

Crappy husband he may be but Galen is a good father to Sam.

And to be honest, as much as I resent Galen's cheating, I still love the guy too.

I've never actually seen Galen with another woman, so I can usually put it out of my mind when we're together. I can't help but be reminded of it when one of his many women has the nerve to call him at home. I certainly give them a piece of my mind then!

I'm sure it didn't stop them from dropping by when they knew I wasn't home though.

Sigh. I don't think this situation is ideal for any of us but for now but as long as it's all hidden from Sam and Galen has the decency to not flaunt his infidelity right in front of me, I guess this is the best we can do.

Notes:
  • Georgette does. not. care. about Galen's cheating. I thought it might be her Romance secondary (her autonomy is set to Spouse Only, if you were wondering) but no. Her jealousy setting is 2, which I believe means she should get jealous when anyone she's in love with cheats on her. But she doesn't. So I guess she's a stay-together-for-the-kids type of Sim.
  • Not an awful lot happened this round, which is why this is mostly Georgette's thoughts. Galen barely even had time to cheat! He actually did some work this round and got promoted all the way to Rock God.

8 comments:

  1. It's funny how the sims react to cheating - I've seen that before - some just don't seem to care, others overreact... just like real life! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she doesn't see him doing it in front of her, I suppose it would be an easy thing to ignore.

    I love when sims gossip about these kinds of things. Then family and friends can get so mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Georgette, that wouldn't be an easy situation to be in! I guess as long as she doesn't "catch" him, it's all good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all knew this was coming, but it is still sad to see. I am, however, glad Peri is standing up for herself and not allowing the marriage to continue. I can't believe Heydon honestly thought he could screw up once. There is no get out of jail free card. Did Peri ever sleep with Daniel while she was married? I can't remember, but still, two wrongs don't equal a right.

    Sigh. What a mess! One can only guess where things will go from here. Poor Cadence...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Galen and Emo Socialite were flirting and kissing right in front of Georgette and she just didn't care. I might set her jealousy manually if I ever want some more drama but for now, I'm happy with their sham marriage the way it is.

    Heh, Mao, I think you posted your last comment to the wrong blog! Sounds like a good one though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading Mao's comment and I thought "What the heck is going on?!" LOL

    Poor Georgette! She doesn't seem too happy in that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Georgette. I wouldn't want to stick around in a marriage like that, but if she's content to let it go on then I guess she knows what's best for her family. Poor Sam though, if he ever finds out the truth about his dad he'll be crushed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She does look a little world-weary in the final picture, doesn't she?

    I think of Fortune Sims as being very into status as well - for Georgette, the status of being married. So I figure that might factor into her decision too.

    ReplyDelete