Sunday 31 July 2011

Sullivan on Pinterest

Pinterest is a fantastic site I've been using for a while now, which lets you "pin" images you find online, with a link back to the site the image comes from. It's hard to get more specific than that, because people use it for all different things - possible shopping purchases, decorating ideas for their homes, inspiration for their art or just funny/cute pictures they like. You can also look at the pins of other members and repin them to your own boards.

This morning, I came across a Pinterest account which the pinner was using to catalog all of her Sims downloads. Well, why didn't I ever think of that? After a bit of fumbling, I was able to set up a Sims-only Pinterest account and will be using it to keep track of the things I download. I'm hoping this will let me keep better track of what I have and from where and will also be a good way for you guys to also find new downloads.


Feel free to follow it, if you're a Pinterest member. You should be able to view the board without having to log in though, so no need to create an account unless you really want to. :)

Edit: Just to note that the link to my Pinterest board is also in the welcome post in the sidebar. I can see a lot of people scrolling down to this post to get to the board but eventually, this post will fall off the front page and that's going to be a pain. ;)

12 comments:

  1. What a net idea! That's for sharing this, Carla. Think I might join to help keep track of my stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be deathly afraid of what mine would look like if I did that lol! But what a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just took a look at yours and OMG that is so worth it! By category? Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riverdale, you're welcome! I'm hoping I'll be able to answer WCIFs a bit more accurately every now and then, lol!

    Gayl, oh yeah, I wouldn't have been nearly so impressed if there were no categories! Like I said, I use it for personal stuff but it never occurred to me to use it for Sims. But it's perfect!

    If either of you have trouble getting an invite, just message me on Twitter. And that goes for anyone else reading who'd like to join as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just submitted my request. We'll see how it goes! Thanks again for that link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carla, you're making things so difficult on my DL and Lots folder. I think Pinterest is a good idea, especially if you're afraid of losing your bookmarks, like I am. This will also help when sharing links with my sister and I don't necessarily feel like turning on my computer.

    I requested a link when I saw FlitLouie's. I doubt I'll have much to share that others haven't seen but it should still be fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh great idea! I never heard of this. I was creating a resources post to add to my blog but this is much more appealing visually! I'm afraid to look at yours because I know I'll find a million and one new things to download :D! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Choco, yes, my sister and I use it for things like that all the time. "Where's the link?" "Eh, just check my Pinterest!" Very handy! Enjoy. ;)

    Danielle, it's a lot easier than a resources post too. I think the visual element makes it easier to use as well, for me and for anyone looking through it. A list of names or URLs is a lot more boring to click through. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, Carla, you've started a trend now! :)

    Like Choco, I think mine will repeat other people's a bit but that doesn't matter... if my blog is the one where someone spots a thing, that'll be where they look for the link and this makes it so much easier! :)

    And, yeah, it is hard on the downloads folder - in the past, unless I was looking for something specific, I'd just skim over the links on people's cc pages... but now, with pictures... !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blackcat, I know! Such an enabler, I am. ;)

    I have already downloaded more this week than I did last week, which is at least partly due to Pinterest. Hard on my downloads folder too, especially as it's already quite full!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea. I started following you. I set up an account, but I think I need to make separate category boards. Right now I just have everything in one place. Thanks so much for sharing the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. kalynn06, you're welcome! If you check out my followers list, you'll find several other Simmers who are cataloging their own downloads. I've found a lot of nice things. :)

    ReplyDelete