Thursday 14 July 2011

Lot tour: Nihill Conservatorium

So here is the promised lot tour of Suffolk University's new faculty of music, Nihill Conservatorium. It is named after Charlton Nihill, the first Sim in Sullivan to reach the top of the music career. This roof has been adjusted since I took the picture - it was just a little too steep for my liking.

Just a couple of shots of the hallway on the bottom floor. The one upstairs is much the same.

The computer lab. Note to self: change that noticeboard!

I'm eventually going to have a building for all hobbies/majors and there'll be a classroom in each. Recolouring that screen may be beyond my capabilities, so I think I'm going to pretend they're studying...I don't know, music marketing or something.

I felt like doing something different with the chairs, rather than just rows, like I did with my last faculty building (which was art - I don't think I showed it here, because it's not originally my building and I left much of it untouched).

The dance studio. I have one in my arts building as well but this one is larger and I think I like it better. You've already seen Audrey here a couple of times (she's also used the studio in the Arts building).

Recording studio. Previously, the only recording studio in Sullivan was in Luc and Asha's spare bedroom. I decorated this one in a less bone-headed fashion and actually have the mixing board facing the window, rather than the wall.

In movies, recording studios always seem to have couches, so mine does too.

Not thrilled with the actual recording space. It looks a bit bare but maybe it should be? I'll see how I feel about it when I actually play with it.

A rehearsal space for musicians of a more classical bent. You saw Kirstin here in yesterday's update.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice, I love it. If you can recolor those clothing items and posters, I think you can recolor the screen pretty easily as well. It looks more spacious on the inside than it appears to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple Valley, oh, I know I'm capable of making an appropriate image for the screen but it's not a regular object, as far as I can tell. There are three different images for it shown on MTS but you can't actually click to choose which one you want. I think they cycle through. So I may open it up in SimPE and have a look but it may be beyond my capabilities!

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Kirstin (well, you, really) did very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, I'm happy to take the credit! But not getting the science faculty built? That's totally Kirstin's fault!

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really wonderful. I like the idea of having faculty buildings for each hobby instead of majors.

    I need to start doing something to my faculty buildings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sari, glad you like it! I think some of the hobbies sort of overlap with the majors - art and science for example. But I'm a bit stumped as to what kind of lot I'd actually build for some of the majors, so I went with hobbies instead.

    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! Lots of space to use their creative energy! I like the idea of hobby lots, instead of just majors, much easier to build for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maisie, agreed, hobby lots are way easier! I had a bunch of hobby lots built for my pre-Sullivan hood and they were quite cool! I once packaged one of them up and tried to move it to Suffolk though and it crashed. Disappointing! But I think I'm probably better at building and decorating these days anyway.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, great place! I love its modern look! Most of the conservatoriums I know are in old buildings and I would have never thought to have one in such a modern building.
    I'm jealous of your dance studio! I would have so wished we got the dance bar in the Sims 3! *sigh*
    Great job, I always enjoy your lot tour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy, the conservatorium in Sydney is in a rather old building as well (it actually looks kind of like a castle to me). But the university I attended was only built in the 1960s, so the buildings were comparatively modern and that's been my inspiration for most of my uni buildings. We didn't have a conservatorium though. ;)

    There was a perfect opportunity for them to add a ballet bar in Generations too, seeing kids can take ballet classes after school. And then they didn't add one! Silly!

    Glad you enjoyed the tour. Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete