Monday 23 May 2011

You say it's your birthday, July 2033

Round 31: July 2033 (Winter)

Rob Ashton is 32 and Patience is 31.

Narrated by Rob Ashton

When Patience finally went into labour, we were both about to go to bed. Patience had just come out of the bathroom when she told me her water had broken. I was definitely wide awake then!

Patience had a difficult pregnancy and we were looking forward to finally meeting the baby. We were also both worried that she'd have a difficult labour as well.

Patience was in a lot of pain. It was hard for me to see her like that but harder for her to actually go through it, I’m sure!

I just had to try and be as reassuring as I could for her.

Dr. Moretti was monitoring Patience and the baby, and was happy with their progress, so I tried not to worry too much.

The next morning, Felicity Amabel finally arrived. I think she has me wrapped around her little finger already.

After nine months of worrying, it’s unbelievable that we now have our baby daughter home with us, perfectly healthy and safe.

**********

This July is also Jude Clarke's first birthday!

Jude loves his food already and is very outgoing, like his parents, Josie and Troy.

Unlike both his parents, he's also quite sweet!

Speaking of his parents, let's do a comparison!

Here's Troy as a toddler. Can you tell Troy had some surgery?

And here's young Josie.

Notes:
  • I loved the idea of using Felicity Amabel for Rob and Patience's baby. Felicity means "happiness" and Amabel means "lovable". I can see those names having a lot of meaning for them. The boy name I had picked out wasn't nearly as meaningful, which is one more reason I was happy to get a girl.
  • And yay, a redhead! I was so happy Felicity turned out to have red hair! I still don't have that many redheads born in game. She also has brown eyes, like Patience, which you may or may not be able to see.
  • I've aged up Jude to adult, just to see what he looks like and I'm going to say he's mostly like Troy. I think he's got that Kirby nose though, like Josie but other than that, he seems mostly like his dad.

17 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to finally see Rob and Patience's baby. It was a rough time, but yay, she's finally here! Jude looks so much like Troy, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world Felicity! I'm glad she's finally here, happy and safe.:)
    Jude is pretty cute.. It will be interesting to see how he grows up.
    Happy Birthday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple Valley, it was a very difficult pregnancy but thank goodness, it all ended well and Felicity is here!

    The more I look at Jude, the more he looks like a mini-Troy!

    Thanks for reading!

    coolkat2, I can't wait to see little Felicity grow up either. I'm hoping for a harmonious mix of her mama and daddy. ;)

    I was a bit worried about Jude but I think he's quite a cutie, now that he's had his birthday.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad their baby is safe and out in the big wide world now. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Felicity Amabel!!! *swoon* And it's such a beautiful and appropriate name! I'm relieved!
    What makes the delivery looking so painful? Are you posing your pregant Sim, or is there a hack, similar to your dreadful flu epidemic, that does it?

    Jude looks cute. He totally gets his father's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love a red head! And I absolutely love that name :). I'm glad everything worked out, Rob and Patience are going to be great parents. And yea, I can totally see Rob being smitten with his daughter :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speechless, me too. What a big relief it must be for Rob and Patience!

    Thanks for reading!

    Sandy, I'm glad you like the name. Felicity's not really a favourite name of mine but it seemed appropriate for Rob and Patience.

    And yes, I posed Patience to make it look as if she was in labour. There are quite a few animations already in the game that work well for that, if you use the right facial overlay. For labour, I often use the Nightmare and Sleep Interrupted animations, which are on an animation painting Aikea Guinea made. Very handy.

    I think Jude is definitely going to look a lot like Troy as he gets older.

    Thanks for reading!

    Mizzgin03, you know I love a redhead too, lol! I can't wait to actually play these guys with their little daughter. There's going to be a lot of love in that tiny unit now!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that the baby arrived! I love the name Felicity, in older books they are constantly talking of having felicity, which makes it such a sweet name now and days. Perfect for these two!

    I thought Jude looked like Troy, especially in the eye shape, reminds me of Calvin. He's pretty cute, good thing he didn't get those cheeks, or did you DNA change Troy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maisie, it's sad some of those older words have fallen out of use! But I thought Felicity was pretty perfect for these two as well.

    Calvin and Troy look a lot alike, so it's no wonder Jude reminds you of Calvin too. And yeah, I think I said to you in the comments of the last post that I wasn't sure whose eyes Jude had but looking at him now, it's so obvious that they're Troy's!

    And yes, I did surgery on Troy and Calvin when they were kids and changed Troy's DNA to match. I didn't bother with Calvin's - I knew he was gay and would be unlikely to have biological children. Good thing too, because I kind of botched Calvin's jaw!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Welcome to the world little Felicity! I'm glad she's finally here, it's been hard on Patience, but I think she will forget it all when she holds her little girl!
    When I read the name, I immidiatly though it suited them so well!

    Jude is such a cutie!! He looks like his dad a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tanja, I would say that Rob and Patience would say it was all worth it, now that they have Felicity with them.

    Jude is definitely adorable. Troy wants another one and it's going to be hard for me to say no now!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Felicity! I bet she'll be gorgeous, and yay for a redhead!

    Jude is a cutie for sure. It will be interesting to see how he turns out with parents like his...especially since he's sweet and they aren't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel, Felicity has some very good genes, so I'm thinking she'll be quite good looking as well. ;)

    I'm looking forward to getting to know Jude a bit more. It's so odd that Josie and Troy produced a nice child! I don't think I've ever had two mean Sims have a nice kid, thought I've very often had the opposite happen.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the world, little Felicity Amabel. I love that her name has such a special meaning. And yay for the red head, you must be ecstatic, LOL!

    Aww, Jude is a real cutie! He's seriously competing with Thomas for the trophy of Sullivan's cutest toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sari, I am indeed just a little bit excited that Felicity is a redhead. I can still count my born-in-game redheads on my fingers, so they're very rare!

    I love Jude - so adorable. I can't wait to actually play with him and his family!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! Welcome Felicity Amabel! I like the name and the meaning behind it. I feel so bad for Patience having such a hard pregnancy and then a hard delivery. I hope that doesn’t scare them off from having more children. I can definitely see them spoiling her because of all that. Oh and poo that you didn’t get your red haired boy, but yay for a girl!

    And I love, love, love Jude!! How precious is he! I definitely see a mini-Troy minus the cheeks. Did I say I love him? I’m going to steal him and Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Danielle, it seemed to fit that Patience would have a tough time all the way through, poor thing. She hasn't rolled the want for another baby yet but we'll see what happens when I play her next. Felicity will be a toddler by then and I'm so excited to see what she looks like.

    I know, isn't Troy a cutie? I'm really getting pretty lucky with all these adorable toddlers around lately!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete