Friday 30 July 2021

Lot tour: New Draper house

I mentioned in the comments on my last post that my next update would be delayed because I needed to decorate a huge house. I thought it would take me a long time to finish but I got into a bit of a groove with it and basically finished it the same day I started, apart from a couple of minor finishing touches. The backyard still isn't done and I will need that for the update too...but I'm not planning on going crazy with it and don't anticipate it taking too long!

So here is the house! It's been sitting empty in my hood for ages and I no longer remember where I downloaded it. I changed the doors and windows (still might change the roof colour) and made some changes to the layout inside as well. It is now the new home of Lake, Kendal, Rose, Joanna and their sons Levi and Will. 


Entrance area, very lazily decorated for Christmas!

I really love the kitchen. I found that poster in the recolours of that frame and thought it sounded like something Joanna might say!

The dining room. I've been wanting to use those mirrors for so long and they've never quite fit anywhere before. 


The living room, featuring more of my lazy Christmas decorating. I don't like to have to redecorate the whole house after Christmas, so I keep it simple!


Lake and Kendal's bedroom. Their other kids' grad portraits are also hanging in the room but only Chris's is visible in these pics. 


The best bathroom of the three in the house!


Rose and Joanna's bedroom. 


Levi/Will's bedroom. My tradition of not knowing the difference between these two continues!


And Levi/Will's other bedroom! This one has a greenhouse/terrace area right outside that I haven't quite figured out what to do with yet. I may move the door and let Lake take it over and grow some veggies there but we'll see. 

8 comments:

  1. I love the colors! Especially fond of the brown and white bathroom with the pop of red in the flowers.

    I’m so happy to see that Lake is still kicking around! I hope I didn’t just jinx him, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I actually love that bathroom (and you know how much I hate doing bathrooms). I have to do that double sink thing more often, as well as the L-shaped vanity.

      Lake is safe for this round, at least! I'll be bummed when I have to kill him off, finally, lol!

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  2. It is a beautiful house, and you have decorated it very nicely. I would move in any time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I've taken so long to reply - your comment somehow got lost in my moderation queue and I only just found it today! Thank you though, I'm so glad you like the place. :)

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I love those colors in the house! Especially Lake and Kendal's bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Lake and Kendal's room was the first one I did and I was really happy with how it turned out too.

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete
  4. They have a lovely new home; the color palette is soothing and welcoming in each room. Twin boys are difficult to keep straight for sure! The terrace sounds interesting, it'll be fun to see what you decide to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the house too, so I'm glad others do as well. I have the strong feeling I won't be able to tell Levi and Will apart until they pair up with girls (I'm pretty sure they're both straight?), lol.

      I have converted the terrace area to a little greenhouse for Lake and Rose. Seems appropriate for nature sims! I'll try to remember to include some pics in the next update.

      Thanks for looking and commenting!

      Delete