Saturday 25 June 2011

You say it's your birthday, February 2034

February is a busy month for babies at Lukas Novak Memorial and Dr Moretti has been using it all as a stellar learning opportunity for her student, Malcolm.

Ione and Evan are one couple about to add to the baby tally, with the birth of their fifth child!

This baby was quite the surprise for Ione and Evan and they're still not sure of the effect he or she will have on their family and lifestyle.

Several hours later, they're ready to find out when they meet their new baby daughter!

Welcome to the world, Francesca Stella Moretti!

Nick and Sarah's baby was a surprise as well but after getting over the shock, they found themselves getting very excited!

They were planning on having their children close together anyway, so a year sooner than they expected is not such a big deal.

After two sons, Nick and Sarah now have a brand new baby daughter!

Nick and Sarah can't wait to take Catherine Martine home to meet her big brothers.

Notes:
  • Sigh. So Nick and Sarah will not be my family with four boys! I'm relatively okay with that, because I've got a serious gender imbalance going on and I need some girls in the mix. I was hoping Evan and Ione would have a girl, so no disappointment at all there.
  • There's not much room for surprises with Evan and Ione's kids' genetics, because Evan's are super-boring, all the way back to the beginning of the hood! So Francesca has brown hair and grey eyes, just like most of her siblings (Justin has blue eyes). Her skin is slightly darker than Ione's, like her big sister Aurora.
  • Catherine was a bit more of a surprise. Nick and Sarah both have brown eyes and Catherine has ended up with blue. She also has blonde hair, which comes from Nick's great-grandmother (as well as Sarah's biological father)! I love it when long-dormant genetics finally come out to play.
  • Forgot to say that Catherine's middle name was also the middle name of Sarah's mother Betsy. I'd always intended to do a little tribute to her if they ever had a girl but I changed my mind multiple times on what that tribute would be.

16 comments:

  1. Aww, two girls! It's too bad you still didn't get your all-boys family but at least you got some surprising genetics :)

    I like it when you do little tributes to deceased sims by using their names in new babies' names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm sorry that they won't be the family of boys, but a little girl in the mix is fun and they can always have two more boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy! I love these two couples, I'm so glad they both had adorable baby girls. Congrats to the new parents!

    Btw, I totally love your new banner! It is beyond adorable! That reminds me... I need to get to work and make one for Rocky Cove.

    Great update!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay 2 girls! I'm sorry you didn't get your all boy family!

    Welcome little Francesca and Catherine!

    I thought I was seeing wrong on N99, when I saw Catherine had blond hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind that you didn't get your all boy family, you had a beautiful girl with interesting genetics instead. Happy birthday to both of them and congratulations to their parents:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I cant wait to see these little beauties as toddlers! :swoon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sari, a girl for Nick and Sarah was a tiny bit disappointing but the genetics did make up for it!

    I like doing the tributes too - when I actually remember to do it!

    Thanks for reading!

    Apple Valley, LOL, oh, I don't know if Nick and Sarah will have a fourth, let alone a fifth! I was only letting them go crazy to see if I could get my all-boy family. We'll see how I feel about a fourth next round. ;)

    Thanks for reading!

    coolkat2, I'm pretty happy getting two girls, now that I've come to terms with it. ;)

    Thanks on the banner. I had that idea for a good while and actually had it ready early for once, rather than rushing one the night before!

    Thanks for reading!

    Tanja, aw, that's okay. I'll force another family to be my guinea pigs for my all boy (or all girl!) family. ;)

    Ha, yeah, Catherine is a blonde! Very surprising!

    Thanks for reading!

    Speechless, it's a nice subsitute, it's true!

    Thanks for reading!

    Sandy, me either! Toddler birthdays might be my favourite birthdays!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh sweet on girls, love the name Catherine, that spelling always makes me think of Lady Catherine in Wuthering Heights, I imagine their own daughter will be much sweeter! I'm excited over her genetics too!! These two have such a great mix don't they!?! I think they will be like Lia and her siblings, with each looking quite unique from the next. Consider me jealous!

    Francesca is also a sweet name, little Frannie, maybe she'll be a little tom boy one day. I still cant' believe they have five kids!! I'm sure it'll be nice to have a little sister though, so the girls can grow up together, somewhat.

    Looking at your pictures makes me feel like a starving child, peering into the windows of a bakery off the streets in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both look very cute!

    Francesca, from first glance, seems to be a spitting image of her mother. While Catherine seems to take after both parents. Are her eyes blue? I thought they were from a look at the pictures.

    Great little update - I hope all the families are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maisie, ooh, I haven't checked little Catherine's personality yet but it doesn't seem like it would be harder to be sweeter than the Wuthering Heights character! Catherine has genetics on her side in that case, definitely! And yes, I'm loving the genetic mix with this family.

    I can't believe Evan and Ione have five kids either! It's been a long long time since I've played a family with so many kids. Aurora and Bianca are a lot older than Francesca, so I imagine Francesca will be fussed over quite a bit. That's what I would have been like, if I'd had a baby sister at that age!

    I know what you mean! Whenever I can't play, it's both wonderful and torturous looking at other people's pictures! I hope you manage to get some play time in soon.

    Thanks for reading!

    Shake, most of Ione's kids look like her, apart from the hair colour, so I'm expecting Francesca to follow suit but we'll see. And yes, Catherine's eyes are blue - that comes from Nick's great-grandmother and Sarah's bio-father. A bit of a surprise, to say the least!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Francesca and Catherine! Welcome baby girls! I can't wait to see what they end up looking like. I'm excited for Catherine seeing she's blonde with blue eyes and darker skin. And that's a nice tribute to Betsy. Can't wait to see how the genetics play out for these 2!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danielle, yes, I love getting unusual genetic mixes in there, so Catherine was a nice surprise. It would have been nice if Francesca was a little darker, just so Bianca isn't the odd one out but I'm not going to complain too much about that. All four of her older siblings are gorgeous, so I'm sure she will be too.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was wondering what color hair Catherine had, when I couldn't see. It was blonde, so that explains it.

    The game has no problems giving you girls, does it? At least you're getting them when you want this time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fini, it kind of looks like Catherine has no eyebrows at all unless you look quite closely!

    And yes, there's a long history of girl streaks in Sullivan but I think this is the first time I've actually wanted one!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Five kids...gosh. Poor Evan and Ione!

    Nick and Sarah have a daughter! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rachel, five kids is really something else but don't feel too sorry for Ione; she rolled up the want for a baby at some point during her pregnancy!

    I'm very excited about Nick and Sarah having a daughter, now that I'm over not getting my all boy family. I love the idea of Catherine having two big brothers protecting her. They're such sweet boys, so I'm sure they would.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete